Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

GSCE, etc... and equivalents

GSCE, etc... and equivalents

Old Feb 28th 2005, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

can2uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GSCE, etc... and equivalents

Is there someone here who could please explain what the Canadian equivalents are for the British school gradings of GCSE, O-Levels and A-Levels?
My kid has a Grade 12 from Ontario, Canada.
Thanks
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:42 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GSCE, etc... and equivalents

Originally Posted by can2uk
Is there someone here who could please explain what the Canadian equivalents are for the British school gradings of GCSE, O-Levels and A-Levels?
My kid has a Grade 12 from Ontario, Canada.
Thanks
I suggest you check out the British Council and maybe contact them or the Department of Education. You should be able to find useful links from these ones:

www.britishcouncil.org/

www.direct.gov.uk

Good Luck
Old Mar 4th 2005, 6:29 am
Just Joined

LouiseN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GSCE, etc... and equivalents

An organisation called UK NARIC advise the govt and organisations about the equivalency of non-UK qualifications, however I'm not sure if they would be able to quantify a Grade 12 from Ontario, as they generally only deal with country-wide qualifications.

http://www.naric.org.uk/

If you were looking to move to the UK, do you need the equivalents for employment or university entrance?