Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

going xmas shopping to england tomorrow night

going xmas shopping to england tomorrow night

Old Dec 19th 2007, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: going xmas shopping to england tomorrow night

Originally Posted by Bob
private eye, now that's something worth getting a subscription for...
Certainly is. Not cheap, but I have a sub and feel so very 'grounded' every time an issue arrives in our mailbox.

Lately P.E. have started sending them in plastic outers which hides much of the usually irreverant photo and caption - maybe there were complaints? (I hope so - perhaps I just love anything that undermines "the establishment")

If I may add "Cadbury's Chocolate Eclairs" to the list.

However, there's now a small UK corner shop bagging and selling them on eBay these days. 500g at a time and shipped across the seas for a not completely unreasonable fee IMHO. Keep your crack and meth mate, these are what keep ME alive!
Old Dec 20th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deedee13
We start seatle to heathrow in the new year that is going to be a hell of a long trip!!
eeeiiwww Deedee rather you working that than me!....hope you get a nice long layover after that flight.

I am going home next month for almost 3 weeks and I cant bloody wait!!....managed to find a direct flight to Manchester for $653. Couldnt be arsed with the jumpseating crap lol.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 1:21 am
an mhaith leat cupán tae?

Tea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Are you back yet Deedee?

I need all the info:

1. What did you buy?
2. Who did you see?
3. Did you get to wear a Hat, Coat, Scarf and Gloves*

*Very important to me. Living in Florida I have dreams about wearing such things......

Very sad
Old Dec 21st 2007, 4:04 pm

:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all:Huey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NKY Jelly
Certainly is. Not cheap, but I have a sub and feel so very 'grounded' every time an issue arrives in our mailbox.

Lately P.E. have started sending them in plastic outers which hides much of the usually irreverant photo and caption - maybe there were complaints? (I hope so - perhaps I just love anything that undermines "the establishment")
This recent cover cracked me up.
Attached Thumbnails going xmas shopping to england tomorrow night-another-shot.jpg  
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

well i got back.. didnt work it, travelled first class... there are some benefits of working for the airlines!!!! i cant believe i shopped and was so organised doing it after getting some great tips on here.. forgot about the one piece of hand luggage and actually checked in a carrier bag!!!! talk about gypsies on the march.. it had selection boxes in and the crimbo cake!! and arrived absolutely in pristine condition. Great! xmas crackers, got them thru customs too. Branston pickle, pickled onions, lemon curd, thick dairy custard from marks and sparks, was worried it would open but its sitting in my fridge winking at me every time i open the door! yoghurts, the fruit in the corner ones, luuuverly. mince pies. Tins of buscuits from marks, great for forgotten xmas pressies for people and it was 3 for 2. Amazing how many can fit in the suitcase.
then, the roses, and the quality street. 4 tins in the other suitcase. 9 quid for 2! WOW! oh the walkers crisps, and loads of choco buscuits, and choco fingers, and the penquin bars. Flakes, revels, 2 chunks of cheese. farmhouse chester, and red leicester!! Be nice on boxing day for a cold lunch!
I did pick up some xmas cards for next year. Great suggestion by u lot by the way. Much much nicer! mince pies.
And now for all of that great goodies I am flying on xmas eve!! So guess the family will be stuffing themselves full! And I will be on a bloody plane eating a turkey sandwich.
Turkey is bloody expensive in the UK 36quid for a small one! Oh the sausage rolls were dilicious going around lakeside.

I also took a trip into ann summers! MORE MEN IN THERE THAN WOMEN!! how things have changed.
All in all i had a feeling that the uk has got cheaper! more special offers than i can remember!
And it all got here in one piece!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 11:38 am
an mhaith leat cupán tae?

Tea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of lightTea Pot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deedee13
well i got back.. didnt work it, travelled first class... there are some benefits of working for the airlines!!!! i cant believe i shopped and was so organised doing it after getting some great tips on here.. forgot about the one piece of hand luggage and actually checked in a carrier bag!!!! talk about gypsies on the march.. it had selection boxes in and the crimbo cake!! and arrived absolutely in pristine condition. Great! xmas crackers, got them thru customs too. Branston pickle, pickled onions, lemon curd, thick dairy custard from marks and sparks, was worried it would open but its sitting in my fridge winking at me every time i open the door! yoghurts, the fruit in the corner ones, luuuverly. mince pies. Tins of buscuits from marks, great for forgotten xmas pressies for people and it was 3 for 2. Amazing how many can fit in the suitcase.
then, the roses, and the quality street. 4 tins in the other suitcase. 9 quid for 2! WOW! oh the walkers crisps, and loads of choco buscuits, and choco fingers, and the penquin bars. Flakes, revels, 2 chunks of cheese. farmhouse chester, and red leicester!! Be nice on boxing day for a cold lunch!
I did pick up some xmas cards for next year. Great suggestion by u lot by the way. Much much nicer! mince pies.
And now for all of that great goodies I am flying on xmas eve!! So guess the family will be stuffing themselves full! And I will be on a bloody plane eating a turkey sandwich.
Turkey is bloody expensive in the UK 36quid for a small one! Oh the sausage rolls were dilicious going around lakeside.

I also took a trip into ann summers! MORE MEN IN THERE THAN WOMEN!! how things have changed.
All in all i had a feeling that the uk has got cheaper! more special offers than i can remember!
And it all got here in one piece!
So glad you had a great time! Good news that everything is in one piece.....

I am sitting here drooling......

Are you exhausted?