GiffGaff

Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:18 am
Just Joined

jenny heading home is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GiffGaff

has anyone heard of giffgaff in the UK? It is a mobile phone network provider i believe. Someone mentioned it to me saying that they were supposed to be reasonable for PAYG
Old Jun 21st 2012, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: GiffGaff

Hi Jenny! I`m back earlier than planned due to family circumstances. I`ve seen Giffgaff advertised and they do indeed seem to offer cheap PAYG packages. Hubby got me a Lebara sim, but I may change to Giffgaff. It seems PAYG rates can be quite expensive in the UK.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Data can be expensive on PAYG, three do a good deal with 500MB & 100minutes for 10quid or unlimited(hard to get on a pay monthly!!) & 300 minutes for 15quid - each valid for 30 days. It is worth noting that three have pretty poor reception in some areas (but the same can be said about all the networks), check who's network your provider uses and see id you can find a freind in the area you're going to be who uses them and can give you feedback
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

I've not found PAYG to be too bad for us... we don't tend to use our mobile phones a great deal for calls, but do like to have the data options and my son uses BBM a great deal.

My husband & son are both on T-mobile and they offer 6 months internet access for £20 which I think is a pretty good deal. As I say, we don't use the phones much for calls, so I'm not sure how much they are per minute, but I tend to top them up £15 every couple of months or so (if even that often). My husband uses his phone to create a 'mobile hotspot' and then uses his ipad for surfing/emails etc, which works really well.

The downside of PAYG (for us) is the price of the phones. I've got a pay monthly contract to get a phone that I liked - I pay around £16 a month which gets me internet and all the minutes and texts that I can use!
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 4:27 am
Just Joined

thanks guys for all the info, really helpful
Old Jun 24th 2012, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Madnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud ofMadnellie has much to be proud of
Wink Re: GiffGaff

Hi Jenny, I moved over to giffgaff a few months ago when my contract with Orange finished. I pay £15 per month for a goodybag which gives me 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data. They do different priced goodybags or you can just use your credit as normal. I've found them very good so far, they use the O2 network so coverage is good. The only slightly odd thing to get used to is that the network is pretty much run by it's users, so if you have any issues you go to the community forum rather than phone customer services. This seems to work pretty well though as far as I can tell. hope this helps, any more questions please ask
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:45 am
Banned

MrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really nice

On PAYG £25 per month you get 1500 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited Internet and giffgaff to giffgaff is free it's one of it's many goody bags.

I use giffgaff in England but the reception ain't the best always hear people complaining.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

wow thats is really cheap, better than i expected. I guess i will defiantly give them a go as nothing to loose really when its PAYG. Thank you
Old Jun 25th 2012, 6:16 pm
Banned

MrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really niceMrMckenna is just really nice

It's an Asian friend of mine from Birmingham who started giffgaff he had a deal with o2 for so many million minutes plus Internet data and sells them on for his own price. Quite simple but very clever!!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 1:28 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenny heading home
has anyone heard of giffgaff in the UK? It is a mobile phone network provider i believe. Someone mentioned it to me saying that they were supposed to be reasonable for PAYG
We had it at home and it was excellent. 10 quid PAYG for 250 mins, free texts to other GG users and unlimited internet, no data limit. Canadians cant believe we got all that for 10 quid a month.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Me and my wife use giffgaff too. I bought a smartphone on Orange, had it unlocked and now pay for a 'goodybag' £10 per month for 250 mins, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited internet. Compared to the other providers it's a complete no-brainer. You can also buy 'extra' credit which allows you to text abroad at a ridiculously low rate too. I'll be gutted to lose them when we move to Canada! Have a look at the website.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 6:06 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
I'll be gutted to lose them when we move to Canada! Have a look at the website.
Mate, its an absolute rip off here. Im on a PAYG through 7-11 (Speakeasy) 25 bucks for 100 mins and you get charged mins when people ring you as well.