Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Getting the list gradually ticked

Getting the list gradually ticked

Old Sep 18th 2012, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Belles30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting the list gradually ticked

1. OH has now been back in the UK 5 weeks.
2. Dog arrived last Saturday.
3. In the process of buying a maisonette in a lovely village south of Royal Tunbridge Wells.
4. Sons British passport arrived yesterday,after a couple of stumbling blocks.
5. Sale of our house goes through 28th of September.
Things still to be ticked.
1.Removals and getting rid of stuff before the removalists arrive Monday.
2. And this is big one OH still to find work!!
3.Another biggie, Our son to sit his VCE exams in Nov.
4. Myself and our son fly out December 3rd.

Gosh it's been hard work being left behind especially now I have hurt my back and missing my OH and doggie lots. Roll on December!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:51 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the list gradually ticked

I love lists - just getting started on mine! Have removalists booked for 26 Nov, stuff goes into storage then I can clean house and hand keys back to the rental agency on Dec 12th. I then have 10 weeks to sell my car, sort out a police check and cancel bank/mobile/cable tv etc etc. I have taken so much stuff down to the animal charity shop in town over the past 3 months I am practically on first name terms with them lol!
I have asked for a year's leave without pay but they are dragging their heels - of course! Our area director told me that if I feel the need to return to the UK so strongly I should just resign - I just laughed at that one and thought you know, I think I will!!!! Just working and saving hard atm, roll on March next year! Good luck with everything, not long to go now,you will be back together as a family very soon and it will all be worth it!

Last edited by MissBetty; Sep 18th 2012 at 7:12 am.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 3:38 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the list gradually ticked

Lists lists lists. Mine are in my head and on paper.
I have come to a grinding halt, without doing number 4 and 5 I can't move onto numbers 6 and 7, even though Dh is working on number 8 in prep for 9.
I hope your lists are moving along smoother than mine.