Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Getting the house ready for market here in Queensland

Getting the house ready for market here in Queensland

Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Welsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really nice
Default Getting the house ready for market here in Queensland

Been toiling for weeks now and weeks more ahead, it's hard to get anywhere with all the kids running around and trying to do everything around work hours. There is light at the end of the tunnel though.
Just wanted to vent a bit of steam after working on the bathroom all day, painting tiling etc etc lol.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:54 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the house ready for market here in Queensland

Tie them all up in the basement or put them to work clearing weeds. I like the tie up method myself
Old Sep 28th 2010, 3:35 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm that sounds tempting
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:52 pm
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

I find tying them to string on the clothesline works a treat.
They can run around and around and use up all their energy - Only problem is the grove that is left in grass - might be a little hard to explain to the purchasers.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Welsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really nice

Thanks for the tips lol. Still hard at it laying laminate flooring in the main bedroom today. Hopefully on the market at the end of this month.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Heart
Thanks for the tips lol. Still hard at it laying laminate flooring in the main bedroom today. Hopefully on the market at the end of this month.
Good luck - my condo just went on the market and there are two appointments to show it today and an open house tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lorac05
Good luck - my condo just went on the market and there are two appointments to show it today and an open house tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed
How is your place doing on the market? We have now been on sale for a week and have had 4 viewings but no offers. We have priced our house to sell so we are still confident an investor could come in and snap it up.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Lorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond reputeLorac05 has a reputation beyond repute

How is your place doing on the market? We have now been on sale for a week and have had 4 viewings but no offers. We have priced our house to sell so we are still confident an investor could come in and snap it up.

Several viewings - approx 12 - but no offers yet - and I am supposedly priced to sell for the area. I think people here in the US are still holding off on buying for the moment. I did get one low-ball offer which we negotiated up a tad but ended up rejecting it after the prospective buyer wanted to go back to her lower offer when we all thought we had a deal!! I am still hopeful something will happen and I can get home sooner rather than later!!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 4:25 am
Just Joined

ericafoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi myself and my husband are looking to place our home on the market, we too live in Brisbane, is the market as slow as people are saying?
Old Dec 25th 2010, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

How sad to be here on Xmas day but just wanted to tell you all we accepted an offer on our house yesterday...Xmas eve, fairly happy with what we got and with the current exchange rate we could clean up.

Good luck to all those selling houses wherever you are in the world.
Old Dec 25th 2010, 7:52 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

How sad to be here on Xmas day but just wanted to tell you all we accepted an offer on our house yesterday...Xmas eve, fairly happy with what we got and with the current exchange rate we could clean up.
What a lovely Christmas present!

The sun's just up over the nearby houses and casting that particularly golden light I always associate with Christmas in England. All to do with it being low and stuff in the atmosphere etc, I'm sure, but it gilds my memories, and the picture out of my window now.

Joy of the season to all,

Bev
Old Dec 25th 2010, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Congratulations - a fantastic Christmas pressie!!! Fingers crossed the housing market in the US picks up in the New Year so those of us wanting to sell can get donw in the New Year and look to spend next Christmas back in the UK!!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 4:53 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

That's great - all that work paid off!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic! What a Christmas present huh?! Hope your New Year is fabulous!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!! So do you have a moving date?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.