Wikiposts

Getting a Dog

Old Aug 10th 2013, 3:29 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting a Dog

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If anyone is interested, guide dogs occasionally need rehoming - https://www.guidedogs.org.uk/support...g-a-guide-dog/

Also, if you can't have a dog of your own, you can sponsor a puppy on it's way to being a guide dog
That is good to know. If I get another dog, I don't know if I want to go through the puppy stage again, as wonderful as it is. So getting and adult dog is definitely an option for me.
Old Aug 10th 2013, 6:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.scottishspca.org/
Old Aug 17th 2013, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Daughter and I are taking Dog up to Ettrick Bay. Lots of new smells and other dogs around ! There was nothing like this in Saudi Arabia ! A fat tax-free salary is not everything !
Old Aug 18th 2013, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Breaks my heart to see that they are mainly Staffies!
Old Aug 18th 2013, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They get a range of breeds but lots of them are Staffordshire Bull Terriers
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:41 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Breaks my heart to see that they are mainly Staffies!
Yes, I noticed the high proportion of bull terrier types. They seem to be very popular with a certain type of person around here who I imagine wouldn't see them as an investment for life.

Interestingly, when I lived in Tennessee, a high proportion of dogs in the pounds and rescue centres were medium sized black dogs, either Labs or Lab mixes. They were very difficult to place because they were seen as "common" (not very special).
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When the owners go to Barlinnie, the dogs go to the pound !
Old Aug 27th 2013, 5:43 pm

Harvester523 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's odd (though not when you think about it) that different areas have more of certain breeds. When I was in the Midlands, the rescue home had more greyhounds than anything. Here in France it's hunting dogs, we're adopting a hound puppy in 2 days time (what am I letting myself in for!). I think he's a griffon bleu de gascogne cross, so being a scent hound we've had a rushed few days putting up higher fencing and wondering if I'll ever be able to train him not to disappear into the distance after wild boar

Black dogs are unpopular here too as they're considered unlucky
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:22 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

When the owners go to Barlinnie, the dogs go to the pound !
So ironic, we currently have a "bad dog" in the village and it turns out it came from Milton SSPCA, where it had been dropped because its owner had been sent to, you guessed it, Barlinnie. Poor bugger is having to be taken back because it's torn the ears off half of the local dogs. Classic case of a dog coming from a bad home and being sent to yet another bad home (new owners are a right bunch of scallies).
Old Aug 27th 2013, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dunroving - you really should live in a more salubrious neighbourhood and move out of Drumchapel !
Old Aug 28th 2013, 12:08 am
Ping-ponger

Dunroving - you really should live in a more salubrious neighbourhood and move out of Drumchapel !
Hey, I'm Lord Mayor of Possil, I'll have you know.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In Scotland the title is Lord Provost. We will have to investigate Dunroving to see if he has blended into Scottish Life.

As for the "Cat and Dog Home" at Cardonald (SSPCA) I assume that a huge part of their expenditure goes on rehoming those Staffies belonging to dealers sent off to the Bar-L. And the re-homing them AGAIN after the rescuers are found to be unsuitable or themselves end up in "Durance Vile"
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:15 pm
Ping-ponger

In Scotland the title is Lord Provost. We will have to investigate Dunroving to see if he has blended into Scottish Life.

As for the "Cat and Dog Home" at Cardonald (SSPCA) I assume that a huge part of their expenditure goes on rehoming those Staffies belonging to dealers sent off to the Bar-L. And the re-homing them AGAIN after the rescuers are found to be unsuitable or themselves end up in "Durance Vile"
Ah'm no wearin' a kilt yet, ye ken?

Are you going to post a picture of your pooch?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Will have to ask my technical adviser (12-year-old daughter)
Old Aug 28th 2013, 8:56 pm
Ping-ponger

Will have to ask my technical adviser (12-year-old daughter)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.