Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

getting car insurance after 8 years out

getting car insurance after 8 years out

Old Jun 27th 2012, 7:35 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default getting car insurance after 8 years out

Finally looking at getting a little car. I am 49 1/2 ! so can not use all those great over 50s policies!
drove for 20 years in the UK good ncb then spend 8 years in India and blow me all no claims gone - they do not recognise Indian driving - well can not blame them but at least look at my record as an individual but no they don't so get quote of 25 % of the value of the car for one year!!
Anyone with any ideas for companies that recognise overseas drivers !
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting car insurance after 8 years out

I got a reasonable deal from the Co-op - they didnt recognize my ncb but gave me an introductory rate bonus with the promise that the premium would decrease next year. We do both have UK licences which seemed to be a key feature for them. They were better than any of the quotes I got from the comparison sites
Old Jun 28th 2012, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Not on comparison sites, but advertised on telly, Churchill and Directline offered me similar quotes, including online and introductory discount, and cheaper than the well-known names via comparison sites, also cheaper than me renewing last years insurance with over-50's Rias.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:49 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J.JsOH
Not on comparison sites, but advertised on telly, Churchill and Directline offered me similar quotes, including online and introductory discount, and cheaper than the well-known names via comparison sites, also cheaper than me renewing last years insurance with over-50's Rias.
My husband got a good deal from Saga.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 5:31 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scampicat
My husband got a good deal from Saga.
Thanks not quite saga age yet 6 months to go!!
Old Jun 29th 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

chazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nicechazlondon is just really nice

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
Thanks not quite saga age yet 6 months to go!!
Dont get upset, SAGA is one of the cheapest, i use

www.esure.com

Who are very competitive, and when i somebody did a hit and run into my car late at night payed out without any trickery.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:40 pm
Back from India

Originally Posted by chazlondon

www.esure.com

Who are very competitive, and when i somebody did a hit and run into my car late at night payed out without any trickery.
OK thanks did not think they did under 50s so will check
Old Jun 30th 2012, 11:10 am
Back from India

Originally Posted by chazlondon

www.esure.com

Esure sends you to another site if you have not been in the UK for the last 3 years!! and SAGA is only over 50s
Old Jun 30th 2012, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Sauvignonmanc is an unknown quantity at this point

We've been out for 5 years and not been driving (Hong Kong). Looks like it could be expensive....