Funny phonecall

Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of
Default Funny phonecall

I had a funny phone call today..when I picked up a recorded voice was telling me that they are the company blablabla....and they have a parcel and i would have to phone the number blablabla and the it hang up..i have not got the name or the number..because I was not prepared to write anything down and it went so quick.
But know I have doubts about the whole thing..have you ever heard about something like that??

What kind of company would be so stupid..there was no chance in hell that anybody would have got this...don't they normally leave a card in the letterbox??
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funny phonecall

Originally Posted by eurotramp
I had a funny phone call today..when I picked up a recorded voice was telling me that they are the company blablabla....and they have a parcel and i would have to phone the number blablabla and the it hang up..i have not got the name or the number..because I was not prepared to write anything down and it went so quick.
But know I have doubts about the whole thing..have you ever heard about something like that??

What kind of company would be so stupid..there was no chance in hell that anybody would have got this...don't they normally leave a card in the letterbox??
Could be one of those money making scams...you call them back...the call costs you several pounds per minute and they make a fortune from it.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Could be one of those money making scams...you call them back...the call costs you several pounds per minute and they make a fortune from it.
Sounds like a scam. I very much doubt the "number" has an 01/02 area code - 09 is more likely.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 2:19 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Sounds like a scam. I very much doubt the "number" has an 01/02 area code - 09 is more likely.
i have heard of these scams before...........ignore the telephone call.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:39 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
i have heard of these scams before...........ignore the telephone call.
I agree. There's a new credit card scam on the go too, so if anyone rings you saying they are VISA/Mastercard etc. don't give them any info at all, just put the phone down and call your credit card company straight away.

While we're on the subject of telephones though, I'd thought I'd post this joke I got this morning, don't know where else to post it to be honest.

Subject: Australia Day laugh for everyone!!!

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to Orlando, thinking that he would start by working his way across the USA from South to North.

On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read "$10,000 per call". The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for.

The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 you could talk to God. The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God. "O.K., thank you," said the American.

He then travelled to Indianapolis, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Boston and New York. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same "$10,000 per call" sign under it.

The American, upon leaving Vermont decided to travel to AUSTRALIA to see if Australians had the same phone.

He arrived in Australia, and again, in the first church he entered, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read "40 cents per call." The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign.

"Father, I've travelled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in the US the price was $10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?"

The priest smiled and answered, ......."You're in Australia now, son - it's a local call".

KEEP SMILING

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Jan 25th 2007 at 4:41 am.