Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Four weeks back and still LOVING IT

Four weeks back and still LOVING IT

Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:26 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Four weeks back and still LOVING IT

Well we have now been back four weeks. I have been away from the forum for sometime but I thought I would share how GREAT and FABULOUS it is NOT to be in Australia and to be back in the UK.

I am suddenly very much in demand for my skills again and was also given a payrise on my return, I have a variety of carreer options which include part time or temporary work. Chris and I are pouring over the brochures of where we will travel to and explore next and it is great.

Cold water from the cold water tap, which tastes nice and refreshing was wonderful. The soft trill of english birds as we walk in the evenings. The weather in the main has been fair with some lovely days thrown in.

I have not regretted our return for one moment.

I have no regrets about the immense changes we made and the things that we gave up to try to settle in Australia but we were fortunately cautious and although we can't afford to buy the size of house we sold before we left I just don't care.

I feel that my life has started again and although Chris and I enjoyed some parts of being in OZ the process of migration was at times acutely stressful.

So it is GOOD to be back and to be able to look forward now to living the lifestyle that we had failed to achieve in OZ.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Four weeks back and still LOVING IT

Great to hear how happy you are with your decision.

I will prob be back in UK by the end of the year (after approx a year here) & have to agree that, despite the immense upheaval & financial output, I have no regrets about trying. I relish all the good experiences I have have had &, cliche though it maybe, I have learned a lot abut what is important to me.

I don't feel the need to wish you good luck for the future cos it doesn't sound like you need it!!

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Well we have now been back four weeks. I have been away from the forum for sometime but I thought I would share how GREAT and FABULOUS it is NOT to be in Australia and to be back in the UK.

I am suddenly very much in demand for my skills again and was also given a payrise on my return, I have a variety of carreer options which include part time or temporary work. Chris and I are pouring over the brochures of where we will travel to and explore next and it is great.

Cold water from the cold water tap, which tastes nice and refreshing was wonderful. The soft trill of english birds as we walk in the evenings. The weather in the main has been fair with some lovely days thrown in.

I have no regrets about the immense changes we made and the things that we gave up to try to settle in Australia but we were fortunately cautious and although we can't afford to buy the size of house we sold before we left I just don't care.

I feel that my life has started again and although Chris and I enjoyed some parts of being in OZ the process of migration was at times acutely stressful.

So it is GOOD to be back and to be able to look forward now to living the lifestyle that we had failed to achieve in OZ.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Nice to hear from you Donna. I am so pleased that all is going so well for you back in UK.

Have a fab, fab life

Di
Old Apr 29th 2004, 4:54 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jirrupin

How lovely to hear your comments. You know I almost forgot about taking evening walks in the spring/summer....funny how all the things I loved so much come to mind when I think about the UK.

I just can't wait to get back and you know I reckon I will have the best of both worlds....living in the UK and coming back to OZ for holidays( my in-laws live here).That's my new way of looking at the whole situation.

The most exciting bit for my return will be seeing my family and friends, then comes being able to take short cheap trips away to somewhere with history and culture. Bloody excellent !!!

Hubby and I intend to make the most of all the things we missed so much. Embrace and enjoy, laugh and be happy!!

Keep us posted.

Cheers

P

Last edited by Pants; Apr 29th 2004 at 6:47 am.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Donna

Thanks for the update now that you are both back and settled here in the UK. I am really pleased that things are going great for you and that your skills and experience are required once more.

Enjoy your travelling, when you decide where it is you guys want to go next.

footie xx
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

angelica will become famous soon enoughangelica will become famous soon enough

Its a good feeling isnt it being back in the land of the living! Weve been back 8 weeks living a bit further north than you & I wouldnt swap anything for living in Oz. Keep up with the good vibes!
Old Apr 29th 2004, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Donna,
Good to see you posting again, and I'm glad you feel your decision to go back was the right one.
the water from the cold tap here has now gone down to tepid - I've given up hope of it ever being cold, and I'm now leaving work at 5.30, and its dark - I really miss long evenings, I don't think I'll ever get used to that.
Must be lovely knowing your work skills are in demand again.

Keep posting, its good to hear from you
Old Apr 29th 2004, 2:32 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jirrupin

Cold water from the cold water tap, which tastes nice and refreshing was wonderful.

Yes, how nice that will be !!! It's cooled off slightly but still drinking it from the fridge

The soft trill of english birds

As lovely as the 'large' black parrots are in Ellenbrook, they don't half make a racket at 5am!!!

The weather in the main has been fair with some lovely days thrown in.

It's got to beat being boiled alive for about 4 months

although we can't afford to buy the size of house we sold before we left I just don't care.

Same here, going back to what will seem like a shoe box, instead of the dog box. At the end of the day it's where you are thats important not what you live in.

Happy days Chris and Donna
Old Apr 29th 2004, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

I know how you feel. We've been back 6 weeks and love it.

And the strange thing is, although I lived in Oz for 12 years, I can honestly say I don't miss a damn thing. Not even the coffee anymore

Today, the weather here has been overcast/rain. Did I pine for the warm Oz weather? Nope. I just enjoyed the feel of the rain and the fact I feel much more alive here.

Now, I must go back to my grey street, lock myself in my shoe-box, before the crack gangs open fire on each other...
Old Apr 30th 2004, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi Donna and chris
I am so pleased you are glad and have no regrets of going home, well done both of you and bloomin good luck in all you do.
Joanne
Old Apr 30th 2004, 11:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear from you, and that all is going very well!

Have a nice summer!
Oh, it's very nice here now too, green trees again, 20 degrees!
Old May 1st 2004, 8:18 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

So pleased everthing is working out for you, Donna & Chris. the thing I still can't get over (even after being back more than 12 months) is how green everything is. We were driving down from Cumbria to Stafford last Sunday at 7 in the morning and the scenery was absoulutely fantastic, its funny I never really noticed it before we went to Oz, funny how a spell away can make you realise what a lovely country we are lucky to live in and apart from holidays I will never leave these shores again.

Susan
Old May 1st 2004, 8:58 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hello!!
Glad to hear you have settled right back into it!!
At least you can say you tried.....!!
The work opportunities are quite amazing arent they!!???

enjoy it all....!!

Sue
Old May 1st 2004, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by janeyray

Cold water from the cold water tap, which tastes nice and refreshing was wonderful.

Yes, how nice that will be !!! It's cooled off slightly but still drinking it from the fridge

The soft trill of english birds

As lovely as the 'large' black parrots are in Ellenbrook, they don't half make a racket at 5am!!!

The weather in the main has been fair with some lovely days thrown in.

It's got to beat being boiled alive for about 4 months

although we can't afford to buy the size of house we sold before we left I just don't care.

Same here, going back to what will seem like a shoe box, instead of the dog box. At the end of the day it's where you are thats important not what you live in.

Happy days Chris and Donna
Are you mad! Why come back it is pouring of rain and dismal here we are hoping to come to Perth soon it cannot be that bad surely - please tell me more about Perth and why you want to come back to miserable blighty.......

I myself cannot wait to get over to Oz and out of the rain its got to be a better way of life - better for children etc

please tell me more about it and how long you have been over there.

:scared:
Old May 2nd 2004, 11:27 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to you all. It is great to hear from you guys n gals.

It is truly fantastic to be back, I do not regret going to OZ but I have not looked into the rear view mirror once since getting on the plane and waving goodbye to Perth.

I now feel I can breathe and that I am back in control of my life, my destiny.

Work is very busy and stressful, but its great to get the old grey matter working again, to be recognised for your knowledge and talents.

Some people do have a puzzled expression on their faces when I tell them I did not like living in Perth, I know some people love it but try as I might I just never 'got it'.

The first weeks we were back it was odd to have a walk out and hear people having BBQ's in their back gardens, Lifestyle alive and well here in warrington.

We still have to sort out our belongings and there are things missing, some of which we don't even recall. I still love the sound of the birds everyday, it is so gentle on the ears, bloody fantastic, I love the lighter nights nearly 9pm already before its going dark.

There is a lot of traffic but I can live with that. It takes me about 20mins to get to work I am usually home by 5pm, so no complaints really.

It was good to see family again, and they are less stressed now that I am back home.

I love the choice of things in the shops and the value for money, new spring wardrobe has begun. I love the variety of food and the buy one get one free offers in Tesco. And I love the choices we now have before us and the variety of lifestyle options that evaded us in Oz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.