Flights booked!

Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights booked!

Originally Posted by britwhore
So....

Flights booked
Puppies booked
Shippers booked (Rainier FYI)
Cleaners booked
Carpet cleaners booked

And today we found out the rental we want is ours! HURRAH!!!!

Friday we get the pups their rabies shots to start all the paperwork, then health certificate, tapeworm and APHIS stamp.

I think that's everything......?

Just have to sell my MINI Clubman S now
Wish I could take the car off your hands! Good luck
Old Jan 28th 2015, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond reputeBnet36 has a reputation beyond repute

Push comes to shove, Carmax will take your car, Britwhore.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bnet36
Push comes to shove, Carmax will take your car, Britwhore.
In my case, the local Mini dealership gave me a much better price than Carmax. Very straightforward too.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

Last time I sold my MINI (I buy them a lot it seems!) Carmax and the MINI dealership offered the same amount. Managed to sell it privately for a little bit more but it was a HUGE stress (guy was an idiot and I was selling from 6000 miles away!) So I'll give it a week or so on craigslist/autotrader but if no bites I'll just take less money and hand it back to the dealership.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Britswhore, I work for family who is Mini car mad. Have 2 fancy Minis and belong to a club. Be good if you could find a local chapter and see if could get good price for car.. I sincerely wish you all the best..
Old Jan 29th 2015, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Will look around.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

cityboys1911 is on a distinguished road

britwhore
I have just read your post if you don't mind me asking where did you live when you booked your rental and how did you do it just curious as we are going back to the UK after living in the USA for 13 years and we are going to rent.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi cityboys1911,

The rental is in Oxted, Surrey however we are still in Los Angeles is that what you're asking?

We had previously lived in Westerham, Kent which is the town over from Oxted so knew the neighbourhood really well and knew that was where we were going to move back to. So I started looking on rightmove.com for available lettings. Once we found a couple we liked I contacted the lettings agencies listed and my husband's uncle went and had a look around with the letting agent.

One of the rentals said no dogs but were willing to let us rent the place once I offered them a year in advance. However it had carpets so I decided against it. The rental we agreed on this week were open to having pets but I still offered them a year in advance as lots of people were looking at the rental and we didn't want to miss out

Does that help?
Old Jan 30th 2015, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Pups had their rabies shots today. Rabies certificates in hand. Getting health certificates and tapeworm done on the 23rd of Feb. I'm taking the health certificate from the last time we travelled so I can show the vet how to fill it out because he doesn't seem to really know what he's doing........yikes!

Tapeworm treatment 5PM (PST) on the 23rd.

Then off to the USDA offices the next morning (24th)

Shippers, cleaners AND carpet cleaners ALL coming the 25th (scheduling of monumental proportions!!!)

Then fly out 26th.

Arrive in LHR noon on the 27th (4AM PST) which is less than 120 hours since tapeworm by my calculations.

Hope I'm right. My brain is a little addled right now!!!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

cityboys1911 is on a distinguished road

thanks britwhore for your reply yes I just wondered how you managed to do your rental if you are living in the US , I also use Rightmove and we know the area we want to move back to but we don't really have anybody back there to help us so we are going back to the UK in September for as couple of weeks to take a look at the area we want to live which is really not far from where we used to live but we never really spent anytime there
Old Jan 30th 2015, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah it helps to have someone you trust to look around! Good luck with the move
Old Feb 1st 2015, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, I just caught up with this thread Britwhore, it has caught me by surprise that you are heading back after your determination to return to US.
Anyway, welcome back.
John
Old Feb 1st 2015, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks John
Old Feb 5th 2015, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Britwhore, hopefully this doesn't stray off topic. But when you moved back first time - did you work? I ask because I plan to move back for good but if doesn't work out (who knows) I have option to come back to US (why one never knows). So when I move back to UK I assume will have to residency test. Will I be able to work? I hope to be in position where I don't need fancy job or anything but just thought of this.. Thanks and wish you all the best..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.