Flights booked!

Old Jan 19th 2015, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights booked!

Well I spent the morning on the phone with Virgin Atlantic in the UK. Flights have been booked and puppies have been booked.

Just cancelled QM2 for the Nov 25th sailing, so there are 3 kennels available - although I'm sure they've already been assigned to the next person on the waitlist. Those things are like gold!

We leave Los Angeles the afternoon of Thursday Feb 26th and arrive noon in London on the 27th. My heart feels a little lighter knowing that the puppies will go straight to the animal reception centre and get checked over by a vet, given a cookie and allowed to run around unlike when they arrived at LAX and were kept in their crate for ages and treated like common cargo

Don't know why I keep calling them puppies, the youngest is 13 the oldest nearly 16 - I just hope they'll be OK

Last edited by britwhore; Jan 19th 2015 at 9:18 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jan 19th 2015, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights booked!

All the best.. Do you have place to stay? Like own your own property.. This time (I believe) you won't be a ping ponger..
Old Jan 19th 2015, 9:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
Well I spent the morning on the phone with Virgin Atlantic in the UK. Flights have been booked and puppies have been booked.

Just cancelled QM2 for the Nov 25th sailing, so there are 3 kennels available - although I'm sure they've already been assigned to the next person on the waitlist. Those things are like gold!

We leave Los Angeles the afternoon of Thursday Feb 26th and arrive noon in London on the 27th. My heart feels a little lighter knowing that the puppies will go straight to the animal reception centre and get checked over by a vet, given a cookie and allowed to run around unlike when they arrived at LAX and were kept in their crate for ages and treated like common cargo

Don't know why I keep calling them puppies, the youngest is 13 the oldest nearly 16 - I just hope they'll be OK
Biscuit, as you are talking about the UK, you really will have to learn the language..
Old Jan 20th 2015, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

britwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond reputebritwhore has a reputation beyond repute

BISCUITS!!! sorry!!!!

fulwood - we're working out a rental right now. Just getting them to agree to dogs.....always fun. And by fun I mean a HUGE pain in the bum. However I've dangled the "extra deposit" carrot in front of them which should help. Plus I'm going to pay either 6 months or a year in advance.

We won't be ping pongers again. I know it!!!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

You're flying back with THREE dogs? Holy cow, the thought of flying our ONE Golden is enough for us!
I wish you loads of luck on your journey, do give us all the full lowdown on the journey once you get back, won't you?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

TexasPenguin - I flew here with FOUR dogs last year!!! Mental.

I will give you a full report once I'm back home, drinking tea and eating a jaffa cake! Thanks
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely news and hope all goes well, your nearly into Spring when you arrive, lighter mornings/evenings, apple blossom and the birdsong (where we live anyway) never fails to impress me. Good luck
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:19 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

We call our two girls 'puppies' also.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 10:27 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
We call our two girls 'puppies' also.
I thought that term was usually only applied to dogs..
Old Jan 20th 2015, 3:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Biscuit, as you are talking about the UK, you really will have to learn the language. ....
Ironically (or should that be "confusingly"? ) dog "biscuits" are also dog biscuits in the US too!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pulaski - that's weird!

brits1 - yes looking forward to that. We're moving to Surrey so lots of bird song and bluebells!!! The place we're hoping to rent backs onto a wood and yet only takes 30 mins by train into London Victoria. Gotta love the greenbelt!! (Just not the prices....gulp!)
Old Jan 20th 2015, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have any problems finding a rental that would take the dogs?
It's another one of those "worries" that concerns us about the move back.
We won't be able to buy for several months so need to find a rental.
Our likely area is around Aylsbury and I've been looking on-line at the rentals. There seems precious few that state "pets allowed"....
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexasPenguin I've found that money talks!!!! Most say NO DOGS however don't take no for an answer. I immediately reply that we would of course pay a higher deposit and can (if needed) pay a year in advance. I've found landlords suddenly change their tune pretty quickly!!

Of course I understand that not everyone has the ability to pay a year in advance but maybe a bigger deposit will be enough to sway the landlord.

We also tell them our dogs have fantastic references (which they do!) but we've never had to show them!!!

Outside of London is usually easier to find rentals willing to rent to dog owners.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

BTW how many dogs do you have? One isn't usually an issue. But as soon as I say 3 or 4 (which was the case last time we were in the UK) I can see the look of horror on people's faces!!! It doesn't matter that all of our dogs put together don't weigh as much as a big dog. When people hear "dogs" they immediately picture labs or golden retriever size dogs!
Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:00 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britwhore
Pulaski - that's weird!

brits1 - yes looking forward to that. We're moving to Surrey so lots of bird song and bluebells!!! The place we're hoping to rent backs onto a wood and yet only takes 30 mins by train into London Victoria. Gotta love the greenbelt!! (Just not the prices....gulp!)
Ahhhhh, british birdsong, apple blossom, bluebells, the May!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.