flights again??

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flights again??

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
We wanted to go back to the UK for Christmas and New Year. Struggled to get anything reasonably priced flying out of Adelaide, so ended up booking flights home on Christmas day, landing early boxing day, returning 3 weeks later. Cost us a whopping $13000! Anyone ever flown on Christmas day before?
Jeezus, that's pricey! We are flying out on 13th Dec and it cost us about $11.5k from memory (I've moaned about it on here often enough, I should know!).
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:50 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Jeezus, that's pricey! We are flying out on 13th Dec and it cost us about $11.5k from memory (I've moaned about it on here often enough, I should know!).
There's 5 of us all in and the eldest will be 14 when we fly so that's 3 adult fares and 2 kids. Was your fare for 5 as well?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:42 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Our flights were just over 5k, one way, with Royal Brunei leaving 27th Oct. Royal Brunei is one of the few airlines where kids are charged as kids, up until they are 17. There are 6 of us in total, 2 adults, 4 kids age 14,13,9 and 1.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rosscov1970
There's 5 of us all in and the eldest will be 14 when we fly so that's 3 adult fares and 2 kids. Was your fare for 5 as well?
Ah ok, ours is 2 adults 2 kids (of which one is 12 so essentially 3 adult fares and 1 child). About the same as yours then in that case. Daylight robbery isn't it?!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:45 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks all for the replies, will let you know how i go
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:58 am
Account Closed

singapore airlines still best price,

hi mikey, tried the one you suggested but came out at 4,900

Last edited by Margaret3; Oct 23rd 2008 at 10:04 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno, must be doing something wrong but I just checked Qantas and if you can leave 31 May it looks like 4218 to Heathrow - you can play around with the dates though. And to Glasgow you can get around 4452.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:00 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret3
thanks all for the replies, will let you know how i go
great news about your trip Maggs...that'll give you plenty to look forward to
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by quoll
I dunno, must be doing something wrong but I just checked Qantas and if you can leave 31 May it looks like 4218 to Heathrow - you can play around with the dates though. And to Glasgow you can get around 4452.

yep, just found this, as suggested, gonna print it out and take it to flightcentre
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Tried Asiana? (I keep saying this, and nobody ever does )

4,261, with them and thats with emirates, wooooooooohoooooooooo, ta much

3.921, leaving 28 may instead of 4 june, triboy i owe you a pint.

Last edited by Margaret3; Oct 23rd 2008 at 12:40 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Flights have definitely went up, with the additional fuel levy adding $400-$500 per person - funnily enough even though the price of fuel has dropped back again the levies remain.

Sorry to threadjack but I thought I would "treat" myself to a one way to Glasgow with Emirates next year and the one way ticket costs MORE than the return - (return $2349 oneway $2718) WTF?

I wanted to do the Dubai stopover but **** it I will just go with Qantas/BA as per usual.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Rodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to all

Hi, Mags

Good to read you are booking flights, it will give you something to look forward to and maybe help with your decision for the future. My flight back earlier this year was with Cathay Pacific, was very good also, but dont think will be as cheap as the flight you have already found.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Looking to going back to scotland for a holiday next june for 1 month (one adult, one child), found flights with malaysian airlines for just over $5,000, return, is this price ok??
Dont know about the price but the airline is second to none. Recommend them any day first class.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

4,261, with them and thats with emirates, wooooooooohoooooooooo, ta much

3.921, leaving 28 may instead of 4 june, triboy i owe you a pint.
That'll cost you because I drink lime mojitos Glad you sorted
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Clangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud ofClangers has much to be proud of

I can't believe the prices for those months from CA to UK....I'm wondering if I should wait closer to the date, and take a risk that there might be deals, although I don't think there's ever been cheap flights for the summer.

It's almost 1800 from CA to UK - outrageous.

I may have to take son out of school earlier to leave and get a better deal....

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Prices have almost doubled this year on US to UK flights.

Flying in June/July/August are the most expensive months to fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.