Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Flight to Heathrow is now booked!

Flight to Heathrow is now booked!

Old Jan 2nd 2005, 12:56 am
Just Joined

chazzy4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flight to Heathrow is now booked!

Originally Posted by nyclady
Hi Chazzy,
I wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy...I spent a VERY long time basically singing for my supper and gettting myself into some really dodgy situations where people took advantage of me... until finally I found someone willing to sponsor me.....this was in the early 80's...many things have changed now. I hope someone else out there can be of more help. I know that the Nursing Industries are recruiting people to come and work in the States...would that be an option for you? Or maybe teaching English as a Foreign Language?
What field are you in?
thank you so much for your reply!!
sorry to hear you had such a hard time !! i hope your relocation back here goes good and your happy here .
a couple of years ago i had the choice to either stay and somehow survive there or come back to uk and ive always regreted the choice i made to come back to uk! i tried to go back but was refused entry as i married a us citizen there on a waiver visa not knowing i was doing anything wrong a couple months later he turned out to be a violent alcoholic and took my money left me homeless ,so i felt i had no choice but to return to uk, but it broke my heart as i really felt at home in usa ,was happy for the first time in my life !

people ive talked to have always made it sound as though they had an easy time staying there so ive been feeling really stupid but hearing your story has put things in perspective for me ,thank you for being so honest!.
i havnt got any nursing qualifications ,but have got english language a bit of spanish, and i am starting my own business online selling native american indian jewellry from the reservations in arizona..
not sure which way to go with the getting back to the place i love plan yet?
sorry for the long reply and thank you for reading and replying very much appreciated !
Old Jan 4th 2005, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

nyclady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Chazzy4...seems to me that a violent alcoholic abusive husband would be a good reason to leave when you did given the immigration situation. I'm sure it's just a matter of time till you get back........
Perhaps others do have an easier time but at some point we have to make peace with our decisions...otherwise we'll drive ourselves nuts and miss out on our lives. Easier said than done I know !.
take care
nyclady
Old Jan 4th 2005, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

chazzy4 is an unknown quantity at this point

thankyou for the good advice nylady!
yes your very right !
i will try not to go nuts !
thanks for reassurance!
good luck with your relocation,hope future is really great for you!
hugs
chazzy