Reload this Page >

Financial Requirement / Cash Savings on Day of Application

Financial Requirement / Cash Savings on Day of Application

Old May 28th 2018, 6:28 am
Just Joined

parisreds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Financial Requirement / Cash Savings on Day of Application

Hi all,

We are applying for the spouse/settlement visa via cash savings route (from US).

I see the term "on day of application" frequently however I can't get my head around the logistics of it.

If my wife & I submit her online application say tomorrow, do I then need to get right on the phone to my bank and have them courier a letter that very same day? Am I being too literal?

I also see there is a "28 day rule" quoted in places...

Any clarification would be welcome!
Old May 31st 2018, 12:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Requirement / Cash Savings on Day of Application

If you were to submit an application today (31 May) then you would need to have the required cash savings in your account for at least the previous six months. The evidence of that cannot be older than 28 days. So providing you had bank statements going back at least six months with the last statement dated no later than 3 May then that would meet the specified evidence requirement. Best thing to do is to wait until you have just received your last bank statement and apply shortly after that.