final straw

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: final straw

Originally Posted by deputy dog
Lolly, are you the one moved from Middlesbrough? I had a few run ins with a few rude and ignorant aussies when i first arrived at a school in Melbourne. Initially i just sat back and observed what was going on around me. When enough was enough, i told those ignorant and rude people to go therefore and multiply. I began treating them as they had treated me and now they just give me a very wide berth and go out of their way to be pleasant to me. I don't forget things though and keep them all on their toes.
Unfortunately, you'll always get the odd butt hole in every job. Your current school is not the be all and end all of everything. Come on down to Melbourne and see what a normal school is like. Could probably hook you up with a job also.
Keep your chin up and always remember "it's only a job"
The Dog
hi

yep thats me..the boro lass, Gis a job! where and when...

Had a phone call today from district office to say a PRT is arriving on Monday to cover the principal who is going to be off..

Im not sure what the future holds at the moment just taking a day at a time, ive had a quote for shipping stuff back and its whopping 2,200 pound

so might have to work to save that up first and before i know it it will be dec. still miss home loads though.
regards

lolly
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:14 pm
Melbourne

deputy dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: final straw

Originally Posted by lollyno1
hi

yep thats me..the boro lass, Gis a job! where and when...

Had a phone call today from district office to say a PRT is arriving on Monday to cover the principal who is going to be off..

Im not sure what the future holds at the moment just taking a day at a time, ive had a quote for shipping stuff back and its whopping 2,200 pound

so might have to work to save that up first and before i know it it will be dec. still miss home loads though.
regards

lolly
Lolly, drop me a private message and we can take it from there. Believe me, there was no one who was as homesick as me. I was going home every time i was feeling down or just having a bad day. 21 months later and i'm still here. Don't stay at the school if you're not happy, but wait and see what the new principal is like. The principal at my school has got to be the best bloke i've ever worked for. What are you qualified to teach? There could be a serious job offer here. Stop worrying about things and just enjoy Australia, try to get your 2 years in and apply for citizenship, then the option is always open for you to come back if you decide to go back to Boro (gods back yard, ha ha).
Keep things in perspective and once again "it's only a job"
Take care and be positive
The Dog