final straw

Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default final straw

hi

not ever posted on the moving back forum before but here goes

Only arrived Jan so not been here long at all. Im up in the bush working as a teacher.

Its not the place or the people or even the work but the principal has just about done for me. Hes been so unhelpful and condescending that ive been stressed to hell, developed stress acne and IBS plus severe migrianes, nothing i suffered with previous.

Today was the final straw. Have been up to school to put in the plan for the relief teacher tomorrow and hes left me a memo ( only communicates through these) saying we have to talk regarding the overview for literacy i put forward. As i didnt have anything to go on, no proforma or guideance I planned as i would in the uk following the SACAs detailing the objectives that i would be covering this term. His note said i have to put what im teaching each week. Ive been doing detailed daily plans with objectives on each day, hes not even looked at them. Oh im soo fed up...cant stand it with him any longer so will hopefully cut my losses and leave.

I know this has been asked before but need some links for shippers back to uk. Ive not even recieved the stuff i sent from the uk yet!

regards

lolly
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: final straw

Originally Posted by lollyno1
hi

Only arrived Jan so not been here long at all. Im up in the bush working as a teacher.

Its not the place or the people or even the work but the principal has just about done for me. Hes been so unhelpful and condescending that ive been stressed to hell, developed stress acne and IBS plus severe migrianes, nothing i suffered with previous.

Today was the final straw. Have been up to school to put in the plan for the relief teacher tomorrow and hes left me a memo ( only communicates through these) saying we have to talk regarding the overview for literacy i put forward. As i didnt have anything to go on, no proforma or guideance I planned as i would in the uk following the SACAs detailing the objectives that i would be covering this term. His note said i have to put what im teaching each week. Ive been doing detailed daily plans with objectives on each day, hes not even looked at them. Oh im soo fed up...cant stand it with him any longer so will hopefully cut my losses and leave.

I know this has been asked before but need some links for shippers back to uk. Ive not even recieved the stuff i sent from the uk yet!

regards

lolly
Hi,
sounds just like my old boss in the UK, I ended up off sick with stress 3 or 4 months at a time and with IBS...B's they are. But if you really want to be where you are find another job rather than rushing back to the UK. Everywhere won't be the same it may be worth giving it one more go in a new job. Good luck whatever you choose.
Deb
Old Feb 25th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
Hi,
sounds just like my old boss in the UK, I ended up off sick with stress 3 or 4 months at a time and with IBS...B's they are. But if you really want to be where you are find another job rather than rushing back to the UK. Everywhere won't be the same it may be worth giving it one more go in a new job. Good luck whatever you choose.
Deb
if only...i feel awful for the towns folk and the children...rather just go back

thanks for the good luck
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Hun,

I can't believe you are so down you were so happy to be going.

I dont think you should come back just yet, try and find somethng else and give it another shot. It would be a shame to let some prat spoil your dream for you.

I'm sure you've got my email addy if not pm me if you want to chat

Tracey.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:12 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

hi

regards

lolly

Sorry that you are feeling so low. It's awful when you are so far from home and feel so down and lonely. As it's early days yet, could you be in panic mode because of this idiot. I came home after a year but the people I worked with in Oz were the most helpful lovely people I could ever wish to meet - I honestly don't think I will ever get another job anywhere with nicer people. Try not to let one moron cloud your judgement of Australia as a whole as there must be many places where the people are easier to work with. If you got home after such a short time, you may regret it, turn around and try again in Oz, and it is such an expensive business. I had similar feelings to yours very early on and didn't change my mind about wanting to come home, but am glad that I stayed the year to prove to myself that I wasn't knee jerking. And we saw some lovely places in that year too! Try changing job and location first, put a time limit on it and then decide. You may feel better when you get your own stuff around you too.

I truly hope that you feel happier soon - it's no fun when your dreams turn to nightmares is it? Good luck
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:20 am
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice

Hi Lolly, it sounds like a tough situation. I`m sure many of us have worked for people like that and it is stressful.

I hope it works out that you can get somewhere else, after all the effort of getting there.

If you are sure you would be prepared to go back to the UK then maybe its worth talking/writing to the principal about your concerns and how the stress is affecting you (and ultimately the kids) and that he needs to be more understanding.

If you don`t think that would work maybe you could get tough and explain that because of how he is treating you, that you are totally prepared to walk away from your job and back to the uk unless things change. I`m assuming he would have difficulty getting a new teacher because of the school location.

(I understand this might not be possible because of the the visa situation which I don`t know)

Sadly I know too of people who would be prepared to lose a good employee rather than change.

Maybe the above is no help, but just want to send you best wishes. I`ve been in a similar situation where I just HAD to get away.

Hope it works out.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:01 am
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

hi

regards

lolly
Don't let one a**hole ruin your trip. If you can, why don't you move to the city (not sure what is your closest one) If its perth or WA they are desperate for teachers, why don't you contact the WA education dept. There are lots of outback positions availabe or country towns. I go back to Perth tomorrow and already I have been offered some teaching jobs just by sending an email to the Ed Dept. WA is a beautiful place.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

hi

regards

lolly
I really think you have to rise above these bullies lolly. I too have had bad experiences in the workplace over here, so I finally decided to start my own business. But you musn't judge this one bad experience as being a reason to leave so soon. It's cost you a lot of money to get here. You have to be a bit tougher here. You are dealing with a different culture, and it is a known fact that communication skills and being helpful is not part of it in a lot of cases. Just put yourself first, and aim to get out of that job which is making you so miserable. There must be stacks of teaching jobs in WA - it could well be that you really land on your feet if you persevere. But just be prepared to deal with different systems and attitudes - this is Australia, not England. They are a lot tougher over here. Good luck sweetheart, and chin up. You owe it to yourself to give it a chance!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:38 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

omg poor you, is it just the job? if so then can you try anywhere else?

hes a bully, i hope you give him what for! may even put an end to it

are there any teachers there who you get on with? could you ask them for support, guidance etc

big hugsxx
Old Feb 25th 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

if only...i feel awful for the towns folk and the children...rather just go back

thanks for the good luck
You were so positive about going to Aus, you sure this isn't a snap reaction, surely there's more to Australia than this job or are there other issues?

Anyway good luck in whatever you choose, hope you decide what's best for you and yours xx
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

hi

regards

lolly
What a shame that you have come so far. There are lot of red knecks and power hungry people out there,but in all fairness there is also alot of really nice helpful friendly Aussies too. Is'nt there a chance that you could move to another school in Wa somewhere it is a big place.

Maybe if you have decided to leave just get the shippers to send the stuff right back again.All the best with whatever you decide, I am sorry that is as been that bad though.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blowfly
What a shame that you have come so far. There are lot of red knecks and power hungry people out there,but in all fairness there is also alot of really nice helpful friendly Aussies too. Is'nt there a chance that you could move to another school in Wa somewhere it is a big place.

Maybe if you have decided to leave just get the shippers to send the stuff right back again.All the best with whatever you decide, I am sorry that is as been that bad though.

hi blowfly

I have met lots of nice people, who have been ever so helpful, even in the short time i have been here. Up here the locals could not be more friendly, however, I have walked into a mine field regarding the job.

As stressful as it is to work with the person concerned I still havent decided to go or stay, just taking each day at a time. I had a really emotional phonecall with my mum this morning but then went to work and had a lovely day.

I feel as if I have put my life on hold for the past three years, planning my move over here, not going for promotion in the uk being one of them and as for relationships, they were the last thing on my mind.

Just taking one day at a time for now.

thanks for the advice, but I feel a move to another state would be finacially a backward step at this moment. Im trying to save as much money as possible for life here or back in the uk.

regards

lolly
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Beryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond reputeBeryl the Peril has a reputation beyond repute

hi blowfly

I have met lots of nice people, who have been ever so helpful, even in the short time i have been here. Up here the locals could not be more friendly, however, I have walked into a mine field regarding the job.

As stressful as it is to work with the person concerned I still havent decided to go or stay, just taking each day at a time. I had a really emotional phonecall with my mum this morning but then went to work and had a lovely day.

I feel as if I have put my life on hold for the past three years, planning my move over here, not going for promotion in the uk being one of them and as for relationships, they were the last thing on my mind.

thanks for the advice, but I feel a move to another state would be finacially a backward step at this moment. Im trying to save as much money as possible for life here or back in the uk.

regards

lolly
Stick with it if you can Lolly. You've come this far - your'e experiencing some major teething problems, but you've got to be strong, and don't allow this or any other person to shatter your dream. Sometimes you have to drop the English politeness and do as they do. e.g. tough it out. At least there are some great aspects to where you find yourself now, the nice people you have met and the helpful ones. Try and focus on them. If this man makes your life impossible, don't let him drive you home, just move on to the next thing if it reaches that point. I think you could feel a real sense of disappointment, perhaps even failure, if you give up on it this soon. Good luck to you and live your dreams.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Zxenith is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey it's important to skick it out to early to give up you go get em.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 5:57 am
Melbourne

deputy dog is an unknown quantity at this point

hi blowfly

regards

lolly
Lolly, are you the one moved from Middlesbrough? I had a few run ins with a few rude and ignorant aussies when i first arrived at a school in Melbourne. Initially i just sat back and observed what was going on around me. When enough was enough, i told those ignorant and rude people to go therefore and multiply. I began treating them as they had treated me and now they just give me a very wide berth and go out of their way to be pleasant to me. I don't forget things though and keep them all on their toes.
Unfortunately, you'll always get the odd butt hole in every job. Your current school is not the be all and end all of everything. Come on down to Melbourne and see what a normal school is like. Could probably hook you up with a job also.
Keep your chin up and always remember "it's only a job"
The Dog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.