The Final Rant

Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:45 pm

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road
Default The Final Rant

Did anyone watch the recent BBC series "Life On Mars"?
"My name is Jumbo Celcius. I fell asleep on a plane and woke up in 1973. Was I mad, or in a coma or just in Perth?

Well folks, below is my final rant on Perth, please read the disclaimer first

Disclaimer:
The information below is provided as a guide only and may not be used (TraceyW, I'm looking at you!) or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been posted.
Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or to actual events is completely intended.......so sue me.
If you feel that you have been offended by any of this, then go call the Samaritans 'cos you won't get any sympathy here.

Come to Perth they said, it's beautiful and the lifestyle is fantastic, it has Australias best beaches (lies), the cost of living's cheaper (more lies), lovely cafe strips (supreme lies), plenty of nightlife (this is just getting completey ridiculous lies, bordering on delusional).

So I packed up my things, waved goodbye to the homeland and set off on the long haul to the planets bottom (literally).

Subiaco - where do I start - I'll tell you where you start. Head West out of the CBD along Hay St, when the building numbers reset to 1, you're in "Subi".
Cool, trendy Subi with it's "cosmopolitan cappuccino strip" and "fashionable boutiques". Were the tourist board smoking crack when they wrote this?
Watch out Paris, Subi is taking over. The Parisians would have a word for "Subi"........that word is "merde".
And now they're going to knock down two of the reasons I used to even bother going there (The Lords Sport centre and the "cinema") to build more sh!tty overpriced cardboard box flats so that those shallow idiots can buy one and say they live in "Subi".

Fremantle - See the bit above about "cosmopolitan cappuccino strip" it's like "Subi" but on the water. Try the "famous fish & chips" at the harbour....famous for being over priced crap. While you eat them you can gaze upon the pen!s extensions in the harbour.

Leederville - "Subi" wanna be, and if that's what it's aspiring to be I'm not even gonna waste my time writing about it.

Joondalup - There's passport control at the start of Grand Boulevard - if you don't have a British one you're not allowed in.

Rockingham - I felt like I needed a shower when I left there and there's been enough previous post about this already.

Mandurah - Did anyone go to the Crab Fest? What a complete and utter over rated steaming pile of cow's shee-ite.

Perth In General:
I have never had so many people trying to rip me off since I was in Nigeria, in a final insult, that fcuckers at Optus charged me a $170 disconnection fee for my phone!! Also pretending to be friendly when they're trying to screw you over, "don't call me mate, I'm not ur ****ing mate, if you don't stop patronising me we are going to become mortal enemies".

People getting annoyed when you tell them you're leaving and calling the UK a sh!thole. "The lifestyle" they cry in unison in an almost brainwashed like fashion. Trying to convince you that leaving a perfectly happy
life for less money, a worse house, more expensive, lower quality food and clothes in a isolated hick town will make you happy. I seriously fell out with one person over this before leaving and nearly lost if with a few more. My "leaving night" was hell, everybody went on the whole night about how I was making a mistake and "how could you not love this", another thing, why do people always hold their hands up gesturing at the surroundings when saying
"Look at it, how could you not love this".
All I see is tacky, dated buildings and graffitti, "Look at the weather though" they say.....screw the unbearable heat, Afghanistan is sunny, do you want to move there?
"Rachim, why do you want to go to the UK, it's a sh!thole, look at it here <holding arms up>, it's sunny!"

The abbreviations and slang they use..bikie, workie, garbo, servo, using it in the media and on the news too, could you imagine Trevor McDonald saying the some famous person was unable to attend an event because he's "crook"!!

Abo's asking for money all the time. Yes, they did get ****ed over but if they had their head screwed on they could seriously push for land & mineral rights etc and make some cash, then I could start asking them for $5 since they say it's their country therefore that's who I'm asking for a refund from.

Australia Day - I particularly liked it when they flew the big swastika...whoops, sorry I mean FLAG over the river from a helicoptor before the fireworks. I'm surprised there wasn't an announcement ordering everyone to bow in front of it!!

Over rated, over priced, over hyped restaurants. Every dish is "famous" when it's just a cheap, lower quality imitation from somewhere else in the world.

Kangaroos, at first I thought they were cool, after a while I just look at them hopping around and think, **** sake why are you jumping around in this heat, take a gentle stroll instead, it's not as if you're in a rush to get anywhere!!

In summary, it's the most socially & culturally backward, boring, over hyped dump with tacky buildings, grafitti and false internationally unaware racist idiots on the planet and all the sunshine and beaches in the world isn't going to make a difference

Thank you and goodnight.

Jimbo - Pioneer of truth and citizen of the world.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 5:07 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Final Rant

Originally Posted by Jumbo_Celcius
Subiaco - where do I start - I'll tell you where you start. Head West out of the CBD along Hay St, when the building numbers reset to 1, you're in "Subi".
Cool, trendy Subi with it's "cosmopolitan cappuccino strip" and "fashionable boutiques". Were the tourist board smoking crack when they wrote this?
Watch out Paris, Subi is taking over. The Parisians would have a word for "Subi"........that word is "merde".
And now they're going to knock down two of the reasons I used to even bother going there (The Lords Sport centre and the "cinema") to build more sh!tty overpriced cardboard box flats so that those shallow idiots can buy one and say they live in "Subi".
Having never heard of Subiaco until reading your post I decided to "research" it on Wikipedia. Here is the picture currently used on Wiki to give people a flavour of the place and entice visitors:

Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm fair comments......

Why are people so shocked when you say your coming back to UK and why oh why do they insist that one day you will return FOREVER

BTW did you get your prawn sarnie - thought of you today as I bought one from Tescos garage and had it whilst taking dogs for their morning walk then got freaked out by some weirdo in the park, thank god for my dogs (Even if he is an ozzie one)
Attached Thumbnails The Final Rant-picture-068.jpg  

Last edited by Kath & Graham; Apr 24th 2008 at 6:41 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, JC, why dont you tell us what you REALLY think!!! How nice to see someone actually tell it like it is! Hope you are settled at home with prawn sarnies and all!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

could you imagine Trevor McDonald saying the some famous person was unable to attend an event because he's "crook"!!
That one made my day!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:49 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I sooo wish you had lived in Sydney and did a report like this. I would hang it on the wall at work
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

livinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of lightlivinginwa is a glorious beacon of light

You are so off the mark, and havent a clue about anything.

Seems your assumptions are made on eating out and drinking.

There is so much to do, but then you done it all already havent you.

Only thing I agree with you is cost of living but then I find it cheaper than Uk anyhow.

I got a sticker for you, " IF you dont like it , **** off" you wont be missed. done all this ranting before, your dillusional and full of wind.

"My name is Jumbo Celcius. I fell asleep on a plane and woke up in 1973. Was I mad, or in a coma or just in Perth?

Well folks, below is my final rant on Perth, please read the disclaimer first

Disclaimer:
The information below is provided as a guide only and may not be used (TraceyW, I'm looking at you!) or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been posted.
Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or to actual events is completely intended.......so sue me.
If you feel that you have been offended by any of this, then go call the Samaritans 'cos you won't get any sympathy here.

Come to Perth they said, it's beautiful and the lifestyle is fantastic, it has Australias best beaches (lies), the cost of living's cheaper (more lies), lovely cafe strips (supreme lies), plenty of nightlife (this is just getting completey ridiculous lies, bordering on delusional).

So I packed up my things, waved goodbye to the homeland and set off on the long haul to the planets bottom (literally).

Fremantle - See the bit above about "cosmopolitan cappuccino strip" it's like "Subi" but on the water. Try the "famous fish & chips" at the harbour....famous for being over priced crap. While you eat them you can gaze upon the pen!s extensions in the harbour.

Leederville - "Subi" wanna be, and if that's what it's aspiring to be I'm not even gonna waste my time writing about it.

Joondalup - There's passport control at the start of Grand Boulevard - if you don't have a British one you're not allowed in.

Rockingham - I felt like I needed a shower when I left there and there's been enough previous post about this already.

Mandurah - Did anyone go to the Crab Fest? What a complete and utter over rated steaming pile of cow's shee-ite.

Perth In General:
I have never had so many people trying to rip me off since I was in Nigeria, in a final insult, that fcuckers at Optus charged me a $170 disconnection fee for my phone!! Also pretending to be friendly when they're trying to screw you over, "don't call me mate, I'm not ur ****ing mate, if you don't stop patronising me we are going to become mortal enemies".

People getting annoyed when you tell them you're leaving and calling the UK a sh!thole. "The lifestyle" they cry in unison in an almost brainwashed like fashion. Trying to convince you that leaving a perfectly happy
life for less money, a worse house, more expensive, lower quality food and clothes in a isolated hick town will make you happy. I seriously fell out with one person over this before leaving and nearly lost if with a few more. My "leaving night" was hell, everybody went on the whole night about how I was making a mistake and "how could you not love this", another thing, why do people always hold their hands up gesturing at the surroundings when saying
"Look at it, how could you not love this".
All I see is tacky, dated buildings and graffitti, "Look at the weather though" they say.....screw the unbearable heat, Afghanistan is sunny, do you want to move there?
"Rachim, why do you want to go to the UK, it's a sh!thole, look at it here <holding arms up>, it's sunny!"

The abbreviations and slang they use..bikie, workie, garbo, servo, using it in the media and on the news too, could you imagine Trevor McDonald saying the some famous person was unable to attend an event because he's "crook"!!

Abo's asking for money all the time. Yes, they did get ****ed over but if they had their head screwed on they could seriously push for land & mineral rights etc and make some cash, then I could start asking them for $5 since they say it's their country therefore that's who I'm asking for a refund from.

Australia Day - I particularly liked it when they flew the big swastika...whoops, sorry I mean FLAG over the river from a helicoptor before the fireworks. I'm surprised there wasn't an announcement ordering everyone to bow in front of it!!

Over rated, over priced, over hyped restaurants. Every dish is "famous" when it's just a cheap, lower quality imitation from somewhere else in the world.

Kangaroos, at first I thought they were cool, after a while I just look at them hopping around and think, **** sake why are you jumping around in this heat, take a gentle stroll instead, it's not as if you're in a rush to get anywhere!!

In summary, it's the most socially & culturally backward, boring, over hyped dump with tacky buildings, grafitti and false internationally unaware racist idiots on the planet and all the sunshine and beaches in the world isn't going to make a difference

Thank you and goodnight.

Jimbo - Pioneer of truth and citizen of the world.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

l have no wish to move to or from Australia but this made me laugh especially the Trevor McDonald bit but Jumbo dont have a go at the kangaroos, I like kangaroos not that I've ever met one in real life, well perhaps at Dudley zoo once in my childhood
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:08 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Loved it. I will promise not to break copyright and use your witty quotes................................today. Might use 'em tomorrow tho!!

Originally Posted by elfman
Having never heard of Subiaco until reading your post I decided to "research" it on Wikipedia. Here is the picture currently used on Wiki to give people a flavour of the place and entice visitors:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eanMcClean.jpg

Coorrrr, this'll sell it!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=livinginwa;6262179]
I got a sticker for you, " IF you dont like it , **** off"

He did.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:45 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Kudos for superb rant!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Bladdy Nora mate.

You should work for the tourist board, tell them exactly how it is.

All shit things come to an end!

To your future
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

joetrac will become famous soon enoughjoetrac will become famous soon enough

Well said my man,Brisbane is just the same,Dated,overpriced,dirty,scruffy and grubby.Some Aussies i work with call it "paradise",of course they have never been to anywhere else in the planet,their patriotism is vomit invoking sometimes,along with their racism.What's with the utes and the mullets and the vests(singlets??).
Your going to a better place now JC, we won't be too far behind you and we will be back in the land of the living again,where soccer is called football and the pundits look at the person whom they are talking to and not directly at the screen as if they are talking to you.....!! Whats all that about???
Good Luck jumbo Celcius,keep us posted in the future!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:12 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by livinginwa
You are so off the mark, and havent a clue about anything.

Seems your assumptions are made on eating out and drinking.

There is so much to do, but then you done it all already havent you.

Only thing I agree with you is cost of living but then I find it cheaper than Uk anyhow.

I got a sticker for you, " IF you dont like it , **** off" you wont be missed. done all this ranting before, your dillusional and full of wind.
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...........at first I thought you were being serious then I realised you are just satirising those people I talk of who try to force people into their way of thinking...ha, ha, ha, ha...thank you for making me laugh.
Come on, why would anyone who loved it that much and found so much do spend their spare time on a computer looking at a MOVING BACK TO THE UK thread........
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

joetrac will become famous soon enoughjoetrac will become famous soon enough

Are you from the Granite city then? Sheep tick on the groin area??
Are you going back to Aberdeen JC or trying somewhere else,All the best wherever you go,from one Scot to another.
We could maybe meet at the drovers inn for a Talisker one day!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.