The final countdown

Old Oct 18th 2012, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of
Default Re: The final countdown

Oh I know that reaction only too well! "There's my [insert random, unused household item], I love that!". I am starting to get ruthless, we are only shipping a small number of boxes back, no furniture etc, and I definitely don't want any of the stuff in those boxes to be junk!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 10:08 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almo
Oh I know that reaction only too well! "There's my [insert random, unused household item], I love that!". I am starting to get ruthless, we are only shipping a small number of boxes back, no furniture etc, and I definitely don't want any of the stuff in those boxes to be junk!
I am hoping that OH is not around when our things arrive and that I will have an opportunity to deep six the rubbish. Otherwise, his man cave (garden shed) is going to be overflowing!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lf1;10336938]
Originally Posted by Almo
It definitely creeps in at night, and then multiplies. I do have a sneaky suspicion that some of what I'm putting in the bin is being taken back out again by OH...

You can put money on it! On my first big clear out I had a whole bunch of stuff sitting on the driveway awaiting pick up by a local charity. OH decided to stick his nose in and investigate what was being given away and discovered the his "Bullmaster" was being ditched. This has not been used in the 25 years I have known him, but he insisted that he does use it and it is now crossing the Atlantic enroute to Scotland!!! During the packing, selling and ditching process I had to leave him to his own devices, so I know that there will be a fair amount of junk arriving at my doorstep shortly.

I hope your move goes well and I hope that you are not as exhausted as I was when the movers finally came. I didn't anticipate the feeling of exhaustion that hit me. Glad that is all behind me. Best of luck.
I'm going through that to some degree now in preparation for the move up north. OH has a "collection" of obsolete electronics I'm trying to talk him into disposing of. I've even resorted to hanging a guilt trip on him - When I left Canada 18 months ago I had to part with all sorts of things I would have dearly loved to keep and bring with me including my car so dumping a couple of old analogue and black & white tv's and a stereo that only half works (I left behind an identical stereo in Canada that was in full working order I might add) seems a bit insignificant to me.

If1 - I have to ask....what on earth is a Bullmaster???

Last edited by curleytops; Oct 18th 2012 at 11:53 am. Reason: coding
Old Oct 18th 2012, 12:10 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=curleytops;10337255]
Originally Posted by lf1

I'm going through that to some degree now in preparation for the move up north. OH has a "collection" of obsolete electronics I'm trying to talk him into disposing of. I've even resorted to hanging a guilt trip on him - When I left Canada 18 months ago I had to part with all sorts of things I would have dearly loved to keep and bring with me including my car so dumping a couple of old analogue and black & white tv's and a stereo that only half works (I left behind an identical stereo in Canada that was in full working order I might add) seems a bit insignificant to me.

If1 - I have to ask....what on earth is a Bullmaster???
I hope I have the brand name right, but it is a piece of workout equipment that you squeeze in and out to improve your upper muscles. Very popular back in the 70's. It's the sort of gadget you would probably find on today's shopping channel and I doubt that it does was it says on the packet, even if he did use it. Thankfully, the old stereo we had wouldn't work here, otherwise, I am sure that would be in the container too. I think your OH and mine must be twins separated at birth.
Old Oct 18th 2012, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=lf1;10337300]
Originally Posted by curleytops

I hope I have the brand name right, but it is a piece of workout equipment that you squeeze in and out to improve your upper muscles. Very popular back in the 70's. It's the sort of gadget you would probably find on today's shopping channel and I doubt that it does was it says on the packet, even if he did use it. Thankfully, the old stereo we had wouldn't work here, otherwise, I am sure that would be in the container too. I think your OH and mine must be twins separated at birth.
That reminds me, I did succeed in talking him into dumping the ancient free weights he had in the interests of cutting down shipping weight. He's got the use of the college gym up there anyway.