British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   The Final Chapter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/final-chapter-601157/)

Fleaflyfloflum Apr 1st 2009 6:17 am

The Final Chapter

Well... there were times I thought this day would never come.

Two failed attempts at returning to UK in 2yrs. Heartache, frustration, tears, anger and a brush with death thrown in for good measure!! But here we are, just 4 days left in Australia :thumbsup:
Finally it IS happening!!

The removal guys have just left. So far they have been fantastic. Friendly helpful guys who couldnt do enough for us. Big thumbs up to Chess removals. :thumbsup:

We are staying at a hotel until Sunday when we fly out. As my interent access will be sporadic after today, I would just like to thank EVERBODY for their help and support, even my adverasies and combatants :D
It has been a difficult time for me what with the illness and stuff and i havent been easy to live with on here sometimes, so i will say my appologies to anyone i have offended.

I wish you all the very best, and hope you end up where you want to be. For those who are finding it difficult, or have obstacles in your way.. DO NOT GIVE UP!! Somehow, some way if you want it bad enough it will happen.

Big hugs Nicki xxxxxxxx

theyoungs Apr 1st 2009 6:31 am

Re: The Final Chapter

Best of luck to you FFFF, we too are sitting in a hotel room but we are departing this land tomorrow lunch time.

May the best of British be with you and yours and please give us an update when you can.

Bon voyage, it's been special :thumbsup:

Chelle x

tieve Apr 1st 2009 6:38 am

This is such an exciting time for you!!!

Good luck and have a safe and smooth journey home. Can't wait to hear an update at some point about how you're settling into life back in the real world.

Thanks for all the help and advice you've given out here, there's been many a time you've said something that's just put it all together in my head again for me :)

dickchap Apr 1st 2009 7:04 am

Just want to wish you loads of luck. Hope you have a safe flight home. I bet you are so excited!! Won't be long until I head home.:thumbsup: Please give us an update on how it all goes. I love reading the updates from people that have returned.

Good luck

:wub:
Nikki

Elaine B. Apr 1st 2009 7:07 am

Good luck Flea, have a safe flight and I look forward to reading your update:):wub:

YankeemovingAbroad Apr 1st 2009 7:16 am

Flea

Time really did go by fast and here you are finally heading home. Seem like it was just the other day when you were offering me advise about which city in the UK to move to. You have always been one of the most agreeable posters on this site, so I hope you allow me to wish you well in adjusting to your new home. I hope your time back in the UK give you every thing you wish for and as the Irish say may the road rise up to greet you. All the best!!

Take care Flea:thumbsup:

Scout Apr 1st 2009 7:21 am

Bon Voyage! I know this day ahs been a long time coming for you. Hurry home!:)

quoll Apr 1st 2009 7:22 am

All the best Flea! This will be a great move for you both and having the grandkids around and enjoying them growing up will be the best thing in the world I am sure!

I'll try and get them to turn the heating up a bit for you, it started nippy yesterday but ended up being a cardigan day. The daffs are still out and the gardens are a picture.

kporte Apr 1st 2009 8:19 am

Best of luck Flea and hope all goes well:thumbsup:

ps see you when you ping pong;)

Merseygirl Apr 1st 2009 9:07 am

I wish you all the best Flea, hopefully and finally you and hubbie can now get on with your new lives in Britain.

Please keep in touch with us all on this forum and let us know how things are going. I will certainly miss your funny posts and your humour!

Cheerio and Good Luck:thumbsup:

Jules Europe Apr 1st 2009 10:01 am

Good luck on the flight and move as well:thumbsup:

Twigstar Apr 1st 2009 1:07 pm

Have a safe escape and look upwards and onwards to the next adventure !!!

maka paka Apr 1st 2009 2:18 pm

All the best Flea,hope you have a safe journey and hope to see you back on here to give us an update.
Just in time for summer too!!

stm1971 Apr 1st 2009 2:34 pm

Wish you all the best FFFF!

Hope your dream comes true!

This Blessed Plot,
This Earth,
This Realm,
This England.

W.S

P.S Please update when you get time. :-)

ann m Apr 1st 2009 2:44 pm

Very best wishes FFFF - I know how hard and long this journey has been for you both. Someone once said that what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Sod that :rofl: After what you two have been through with illnesses and everything else, I truly wish you a safe trip back and a long and happy life in the UK.

Bet you can't wait to give your grand-daughter a big smoochy kiss and a huge squashy hug :thumbup:

Enjoy!

Bevm Apr 1st 2009 3:28 pm

Bon voyage, Nikki. I hope we'll see more of you here. I always enjoy your posts and your sense of humour. And you certainly deserve a smooth and wonderful future after all you've had to go through,

Bev :)

pommybird Apr 1st 2009 3:31 pm

Flea my darling - haven't been on for ages but just seen this and wanted to say all the best to you and your hubby for your return to the homeland!!

Life for me back home just gets better and better and Australia is now thankfully a distant memory that was just a very small part of my life.

The sun is shining today in good old Blighty and it has been beautiful all day - take care - I know we won't be hearing that much from you when you get home - you'll just be too busy enjoying life with your lovely family:wub:....enjoyxxxx

folic Apr 1st 2009 4:03 pm

All the best Flea

Have loved your honesty and humour all the way :thumbup:

Look forward to hearing from you again and wish you and yours the happiest of futures :)

Fleaflyfloflum Apr 1st 2009 9:06 pm

Thanks to everyone. I certainly will update when we get back.

I am quite upset this morning as they will be coming to collect my little Honey at 11am. She has been in a terrible state ever since the removal men turned up as it made her very aware that her furry little dog world is about to be turned upside down. :( She wont eat, has stayed in bed sulking. God knows what state she'll be in when she gets eaten by the big white bird :eek:

But... it has to be done and i cant see my life without my furry friend and i know she would invisage life without us.

Fleaflyfloflum Apr 1st 2009 11:07 pm

I've changed my mind about Australians. The cafe at the end of our street knew we were leaving and we have just been given a slap up final brekkie free of charge!!!! :thumbsup:

Ham and eggs hollandaise with a nice latte to wash it down :rofl:

scrubbedexpat097 Apr 2nd 2009 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 7443431)
I've changed my mind about Australians. The cafe at the end of our street knew we were leaving and we have just been given a slap up final brekkie free of charge!!!! :thumbsup:

Good luck, bon voyage and all that stuff mate!

Have a safe flight and enjoy the grandbabies. I hope all goes smoothly for you this time, you deserve it. Take care:wub:

Heljinder Apr 2nd 2009 1:18 am

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 7440846)

Two failed attempts at returning to UK in 2yrs. Heartache, frustration, tears, anger and a brush with death thrown in for good measure!! But here we are, just 4 days left in Australia :thumbsup:

The removal guys have just left. So far they have been fantastic. Friendly helpful guys who couldnt do enough for us. Big thumbs up to Chess removals. :thumbsup:

We are staying at a hotel until Sunday when we fly out. As my interent access will be sporadic after today, I would just like to thank EVERBODY for their help and support, even my adverasies and combatants :D
It has been a difficult time for me what with the illness and stuff and i havent been easy to live with on here sometimes, so i will say my appologies to anyone i have offended.

I wish you all the very best, and hope you end up where you want to be. For those who are finding it difficult, or have obstacles in your way.. DO NOT GIVE UP!! Somehow, some way if you want it bad enough it will happen.

Big hugs Nicki xxxxxxxx

Bon voyage, and the best of luck in the UK, Flea! :)

stu66 Apr 2nd 2009 3:57 am

Big hugs Nicki xxxxxxxx

aww bon voyage...haven't posted much on here myself, but just reading your posts have kept me going through some tough and homesick times...hope to be back in uk too once the house sells!!...which could be a while in this current climate....enjoy being back with your family and thanks again x

Irish Guinness Apr 2nd 2009 4:47 am

ALL THE VERY BEST ffff Have enjoyed your posts and look forward to hearing how you have settled back in the U.K. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3 go mad in Adelaide Apr 2nd 2009 7:42 am

Best of British to you both Nicki, I'm sure all will go well, you really deserve this hun. Catch up with you back in Blighty soon.

Much love
Sarah x

sdunx Apr 2nd 2009 8:09 pm

All the best, hope it goes as well for you as it has for us, civilisation beckons

w1ldcat Apr 2nd 2009 9:55 pm

Hi have a save journey back, and welcome home to the uk.

Fleaflyfloflum Apr 3rd 2009 12:19 am

Thanks to everyone.

We are chilling out in the hotel until Sunday in Sydney CBD.
Had a big fireworks display here last night. Very kind of Sydney council to lay that on to say goodbye. :D
Having a goodbye dinner with friends tonight.

kevin747 Apr 3rd 2009 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 7446821)
Thanks to everyone.

We are chilling out in the hotel until Sunday in Sydney CBD.
Had a big fireworks display here last night. Very kind of Sydney council to lay that on to say goodbye. :D
Having a goodbye dinner with friends tonight.

Good luck

3 go mad in Adelaide Apr 3rd 2009 2:29 pm

Kev! How the bleedin' devil are ya?!?! Hows thing going?

kevin747 Apr 3rd 2009 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide (Post 7448324)
Kev! How the bleedin' devil are ya?!?! Hows thing going?

Very well. Thanks! We are both working ,kids settled back in their home village. I don't moan as much about Scotland?Uk as I used to do.

I love the dark humour,warmth and wit and so happy to be out of Oz

Not long to go for you now

I'll keep in touch from the library where I am at the moment .

Cheers

TraceyW Apr 3rd 2009 4:23 pm

You should've landed by now Flea...welcome home!!!!!

All the very very best to you and yours back in this wonderful country. Keep in touch xx

louie Apr 3rd 2009 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum (Post 7443431)

How can you hate Sydney when the cafes serve up that sort of feast instead of bacon pumped full of water, salmonella eggs and anaemic sausages?!!

Anyway, hope all goes well and the sun shines on you and yours back in Blighty :thumbsup:

Aussie4me Apr 3rd 2009 7:26 pm

Big hugs Nicki xxxxxxxx

Will miss you on here FFFF. Hope you have a safe journey home and please do post an update so we can hear how you are doing. Lots of luck and love in your new life. Lou xxx

sans Apr 3rd 2009 7:55 pm

Cor that came quick F........You dont mess about do you lols

Have a great flight and a big welcome home, for sunday :wub:

SarahInTX Apr 5th 2009 8:03 am

Welcome back, Flea. I know you'll be so much happier here. I hope it all goes well for you and yours. :thumbsup:

TraceyW Apr 5th 2009 9:27 am

It's a sunny glorious Sunday. What a perfect day to land on!!!

Welcome Home xxx

Nu-Shooz Apr 5th 2009 10:34 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 7452825)

Welcome Home xxx

Isn't it just:thumbsup:

Welcome home Flea. All the very best to you and your family, now you can 'live' again;)

SarahInTX Apr 5th 2009 11:23 am

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 7452825)

Beautiful warm, sunny spring day in south Oxfordshire too!

sans Apr 5th 2009 7:49 pm

Yep!!! The sun has got his hat on here in North Linc's too LOLS .......It sounds like a weather forecast on ere........:D