Feeling really lucky

Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

shantra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Feeling really lucky

I have been crunching numbers and gathering information. We have enough to pay for the move, rental, car. Also our pensions satisfy the income reqirements for my husbands visa although its really expensive at almost $1800.

Found out that I have to be a US Citizen or I wont gat a USA pension when it comes time beyond six months...dont get caught out by that one.

I will have my kids looking at houses when it comes time and I am already contacting agents to make sure we can get a rental with two large, one small dog and two cats. Yes its a lot but we are not rehoming them. when we moved here we vowed to live out of our van if we had to but we found a lovely home with four dogs and two cats.

I cant wait to come home. Looking forward to a better quality of life and family life with my two kids and five grandchildren.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 2:52 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling really lucky

Originally Posted by shantra
I have been crunching numbers and gathering information. We have enough to pay for the move, rental, car. Also our pensions satisfy the income reqirements for my husbands visa although its really expensive at almost $1800.

Found out that I have to be a US Citizen or I wont gat a USA pension when it comes time beyond six months...dont get caught out by that one.

I will have my kids looking at houses when it comes time and I am already contacting agents to make sure we can get a rental with two large, one small dog and two cats. Yes its a lot but we are not rehoming them. when we moved here we vowed to live out of our van if we had to but we found a lovely home with four dogs and two cats.

I cant wait to come home. Looking forward to a better quality of life and family life with my two kids and five grandchildren.
Can you expand on the bit about a U.S. Pension? SS, you mean? I wasn't aware non citizens were discriminated against. (I'm a dual citizen, so I'm just asking out of general interest.)
Old Apr 20th 2016, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

I read up on getting my social security payment in the UK when I get to the USA retirement age. Turns oit if I am not an American citizen they will only pay my pension for six months. The same applies if I have to draw a surviving spouse pension... hope not. I have enough credits to receive a pension in both countries when I get to that age. Our financial requirement is being met by private pensions on my side and a VA pension for my husband. We both intend to work in the UK.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 4:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Can you expand on the bit about a U.S. Pension? SS, you mean? I wasn't aware non citizens were discriminated against. (I'm a dual citizen, so I'm just asking out of general interest.)
I presume Shantra isn't a citizen of one of the countries listed here:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10137.pdf

However, they are incorrect anyway as long as they are resident in the UK (see pages 7 and 8).
Old Apr 20th 2016, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

No I AM a citizen of the United Kingdom born and lived there 40 + years. Thank you. I do not need to be a US Citizen yayyyyyy. With this big a move and the visa so expensive for my husband we can save the money.