Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Feel much stronger after reading on here!!

Feel much stronger after reading on here!!

Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Feel much stronger after reading on here!!

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Agh, yes- but it has to be a Glasgow cream Egg, Glasgowlass!!! ( chocolate tastes better back home - ESPECIALLY Cream Eggs! ;o) )

With regards to the original poster. I could've written most of that myself.
We have been here almost a year. I have been here several times before. I am now finding myself counting down the months until we go back and it makes me very sad to be living like that. I have never been one to stick around anywhere if I've been unhappy but I am staying here in Oz to give my husband a better chance at his job as he is just about to be promoted. He has never lived overseas before. I couldn't take this opportunity away from him. We hope that the promotion will open more doors for him when we do go back to the Uk.
So, I am "sticking it out" for another 26 or 27 months - to be exact.

I yearn to feel settled and at ease again as I am not feeling that way here. I miss the smallest things - the things that we take for granted.

I want to have my own house again. ( we can't afford to buy here after trying so hard for the last 10 months and now have to rent until we go back which is even more unsettling as the landlords can sell up at any time - which is what I'm going through just now )
I want to not have to heartworm my dog every day. To be back in a job where I feel like I'm part of the place - not an outsider. I feel so alone in my job. I have been very unlucky with work here since we arrived. I've been a nurse for 11 years and this has been the worst career move I've made. There are plenty of nursing jobs here - but mostly jobs which they can't get aussie nurses to fill, so they are vacant with good reason!
I work casual here which means I get work when it's available so some weeks I might go without pay. It's not the best way to live but many employers here offer casual work over full time and part time so they don't have to pay holidays or sick pay.
I would like to switch on the telly and not have every sports game or talk show sponsored by 6 different companies - or be another US import!
I miss Uk humour. It seems so 'normal' and 'sincere' and heartwarming compared to what aussies find funny. I miss old pubs and the countryside and even shopping on a cold, wet day!
Christmas - God, Christmas!! I really missed it last year. It could have been any day of the year here for all it was. Gimme dark nights, frost and christmas lights in every window,christmas specials on TV and home cooked food made special just for that one day!
I love the sunny days here in Oz I really do, but not so much the heat, but I am now finding it hard to enjoy these days when all I seem to think about is when we can eventually go back home and buy our own house again. My nest!

Feeling very sad writing this. But it's good to get it out of my head and into type.
My husband knows how I feel, but he wants me to stop mentioning "going back" so that he can try and settle and get this promotion and at least enjoy his time here. So, I am limited to what I can say to him or anyone else. It's hard. I'm not miserable here, I just feel that I would like to be home for many of the above reasons as well as quite a few other reasons.

I was diagnosed with something pritty naff 4 years ago and I am frustrated with the healthcare set up here. God Bless the NHS for all it's faults. It may be buckling under the strain but it keeps going and is so accessable compared to healthcare here where you have to pay just to speak to someone. I want my family to be within driving distance so that I can be with them when I need them and they would be happier I think if we did return as they know what we have come through and continue to be up against as a young couple.

I know what the answer is of course. I just feel I have to put my husband first as he has given me the last 4 years of his life and cared for me throughout my illness's worst times. His hapiness and experience in life is just as important as mine and I would be putting myself first if I told him I wanted to go home sooner than planned.

Please don't give me all the usual banter or slating, aussie lovers. I don't need to hear any of it as it really doesn't help anyone, does it?!

I am just sharing my experience and feelings with the MBTUK folks who understand fairly well how it can be for some people who make the move here. We are all different,our lives are so different and complex and we all have different experiences - that's just how it is.

*pearly*
hi Pearly..great post and you voice many of the feelings a lot of posters here have and it would be hard to slate. That is what I love about this site..there is a certain release and realisation you are not alone.

I can sympathize to some extent with your situation as my OH is from Oz and landed a fantastic job here better than the UK so we decided to give up what was a very happy and comfortable life in Scotland to come out here and try living. Unfortunately (OH job excepted) every other facet of our lives has taken a bit of a nose dive so we have had to do a bit of soul searching, a bit of give and take and it has ended up deciding that I should go back now with the children and OH follow in 6 months. Very hard decision but the best for the long term. It certainly has tested us as a family and as a couple but we are definitely stronger and closer although there has been a lot of emotion along the way.

Good on you for putting OH first I am sure with that attitude you will find your happiness and it will have been worth the wait.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:41 am
Just Joined

koolgirl will become famous soon enough

I dont live in australia but i have thought of moving there recently. It must be very sad when it doesnt work out because you all put so much effort and hope into the move.
I guess going on holiday to the sun and actually living in it 24/7 are totally different things and reading the posts on this site makes a move like this very real and lifts the fluffy pink clouds you have in the excitment.
I will certainly be taking your comments on board and slow down a little to really make sure a move to a hot country is for me.
(although looking out of the window today, a bit of sun sure sounds good)

I guess the sensible thing to do is to move for a year, rent in different areas and really get a feel for the place before selling up completely.
Ive heard New Zealand is lovely, not as hot/humid, lots of greenery (ala england).
I dont think any country has as good TV as we have, or shops, food (marks & Sparks) etc and I can see how the little things like that would be missed.

Good luck, hope everything works out for all of you and you find happiness
be it uk or aus.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Agh, yes- but it has to be a Glasgow cream Egg, Glasgowlass!!! ( chocolate tastes better back home - ESPECIALLY Cream Eggs! ;o) )

With regards to the original poster. I could've written most of that myself.
We have been here almost a year. I have been here several times before. I am now finding myself counting down the months until we go back and it makes me very sad to be living like that. I have never been one to stick around anywhere if I've been unhappy but I am staying here in Oz to give my husband a better chance at his job as he is just about to be promoted. He has never lived overseas before. I couldn't take this opportunity away from him. We hope that the promotion will open more doors for him when we do go back to the Uk.
So, I am "sticking it out" for another 26 or 27 months - to be exact.

I yearn to feel settled and at ease again as I am not feeling that way here. I miss the smallest things - the things that we take for granted.

I want to have my own house again. ( we can't afford to buy here after trying so hard for the last 10 months and now have to rent until we go back which is even more unsettling as the landlords can sell up at any time - which is what I'm going through just now )
I want to not have to heartworm my dog every day. To be back in a job where I feel like I'm part of the place - not an outsider. I feel so alone in my job. I have been very unlucky with work here since we arrived. I've been a nurse for 11 years and this has been the worst career move I've made. There are plenty of nursing jobs here - but mostly jobs which they can't get aussie nurses to fill, so they are vacant with good reason!
I work casual here which means I get work when it's available so some weeks I might go without pay. It's not the best way to live but many employers here offer casual work over full time and part time so they don't have to pay holidays or sick pay.
I would like to switch on the telly and not have every sports game or talk show sponsored by 6 different companies - or be another US import!
I miss Uk humour. It seems so 'normal' and 'sincere' and heartwarming compared to what aussies find funny. I miss old pubs and the countryside and even shopping on a cold, wet day!
Christmas - God, Christmas!! I really missed it last year. It could have been any day of the year here for all it was. Gimme dark nights, frost and christmas lights in every window,christmas specials on TV and home cooked food made special just for that one day!
I love the sunny days here in Oz I really do, but not so much the heat, but I am now finding it hard to enjoy these days when all I seem to think about is when we can eventually go back home and buy our own house again. My nest!

Feeling very sad writing this. But it's good to get it out of my head and into type.
My husband knows how I feel, but he wants me to stop mentioning "going back" so that he can try and settle and get this promotion and at least enjoy his time here. So, I am limited to what I can say to him or anyone else. It's hard. I'm not miserable here, I just feel that I would like to be home for many of the above reasons as well as quite a few other reasons.

I was diagnosed with something pritty naff 4 years ago and I am frustrated with the healthcare set up here. God Bless the NHS for all it's faults. It may be buckling under the strain but it keeps going and is so accessable compared to healthcare here where you have to pay just to speak to someone. I want my family to be within driving distance so that I can be with them when I need them and they would be happier I think if we did return as they know what we have come through and continue to be up against as a young couple.

I know what the answer is of course. I just feel I have to put my husband first as he has given me the last 4 years of his life and cared for me throughout my illness's worst times. His hapiness and experience in life is just as important as mine and I would be putting myself first if I told him I wanted to go home sooner than planned.

Please don't give me all the usual banter or slating, aussie lovers. I don't need to hear any of it as it really doesn't help anyone, does it?!

I am just sharing my experience and feelings with the MBTUK folks who understand fairly well how it can be for some people who make the move here. We are all different,our lives are so different and complex and we all have different experiences - that's just how it is.

*pearly*
Hi Pearly,

I read your post and just thought that I may as well of written this...as must of lots of other people on this site. I know how it is not to be able to talk to anyone of how you feel and this can make things seems worse...my friends and family back "home" are just excellent and they along with this site have been a lifesaver...but somedays I just wake up and feel it would be nice to not have to bottle it up all the time....my friend here don't want to know and I have never really told them how I feel about living here...they all "get on" with life here for one reason or another....but now they know we are putting our house on the Market ready for a move back home they are keeping well away......"I have even said we are thinking of going home" when asked...that's enough to have them running....
We hve been here 10 years and now I look back and it seems to have flown....but I really do not think I could stay much longer if I had to....enough is enough..it is starting to tell on our health...the stress is horrible....if your huband does not get promotion would you come home sooner?.....does your husband enjoy his lifestyle outside of work?....if not would you both consider going home earlier?.......I think you should show your husband what you have written...as sometimes reading something is different to listening to someone.....you and your husband love each other...you want him to be happy and visa versa if he knew just how unhappy you was would he think his promotion was worth how you feel?...please don't forget it is you as well you have to think about....If my husband was so unhapy in all honesty I would move yesterday..but that is me...I have come to realise....material things are nice but not nowhere near as important as your happiness and health....and that said by someone who will go home with a lot less "wealth" than when she came but really being happy is our wealth now......
Good luck......and you never know a job may come along that you will enjoy..just keep looking....and have you looked at areas you could afford in Melbourne...even if a drive to work....etc....it may be better than renting in the long run...
Take care..and best wishes to you both
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

mumof5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lorids
hi Pearly..great post and you voice many of the feelings a lot of posters here have and it would be hard to slate. That is what I love about this site..there is a certain release and realisation you are not alone.

I can sympathize to some extent with your situation as my OH is from Oz and landed a fantastic job here better than the UK so we decided to give up what was a very happy and comfortable life in Scotland to come out here and try living. Unfortunately (OH job excepted) every other facet of our lives has taken a bit of a nose dive so we have had to do a bit of soul searching, a bit of give and take and it has ended up deciding that I should go back now with the children and OH follow in 6 months. Very hard decision but the best for the long term. It certainly has tested us as a family and as a couple but we are definitely stronger and closer although there has been a lot of emotion along the way.

Good on you for putting OH first I am sure with that attitude you will find your happiness and it will have been worth the wait.
Hi Lorids,
Your situation sounds similar to mine, the only thing that has improved for us as a family here in oz is my husbands job, in the UK he hated his job and found it very unstimulating. He got the offer of a great job here at one of the job fairs in London so we decided to grab the chance.
Well 7 months down the line I find myself more unhappy each day, I just feel so out of sinc here and just want to go back to my life!! We are now discussing the possibility that I will go back first with the kiddies and my OH will follow at a later date. The thought of going back makes me so excited, I have a place at university to do my teacher training and I can't wait. For me going back to the UK is the most natural thing to do, staying here is not. Wish you all the best.
Take Care.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mumof5
Hi Lorids,
Your situation sounds similar to mine, the only thing that has improved for us as a family here in oz is my husbands job, in the UK he hated his job and found it very unstimulating. He got the offer of a great job here at one of the job fairs in London so we decided to grab the chance.
Well 7 months down the line I find myself more unhappy each day, I just feel so out of sinc here and just want to go back to my life!! We are now discussing the possibility that I will go back first with the kiddies and my OH will follow at a later date. The thought of going back makes me so excited, I have a place at university to do my teacher training and I can't wait. For me going back to the UK is the most natural thing to do, staying here is not. Wish you all the best.
Take Care.
Hi that does sound very similar. where are you in Oz? We leave in 10 days and I feel very strange..partly excited, partly dissappointed that it wasn't as we expected and partly worried how we will manage for 6 months without 'Dad'. I am sitting staring at all our packed boxes and belongings.

However as I have said it is absolutely the right decision for us and in a perverse way I am so glad we have been through it.....I never felt truly settled back in UK as we always wondered whether we should be living in Australia. As stated by OP's though the image of life here for us was very different to the reality and we so appreciate what we had/have in UK...a humbling and valuable experience. We have only been here since last July although it feels way longer and the children are so excited about going back and I am starting to feel 'alive' again...nice feeling!

When would you be considering returning? It is difficult when one is doing well but like us you need to do what's best as a family and unfortunately something/someone has to give a bit.
All the very best in your decisions.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:45 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for your replies.
It is a relief not to hear all the "you should have done your homework before you came here" crap and hear valid and genuine empathy responses instead.

If my husband didn't get the promotion then yes, we could go back sooner than March/April 2010. I hate planning so far ahead as you never know how your life can change between then and I also feel that life is too short to be unhappy ANYWHERE in the world - so why wait around.

But, I still feel that I have to put my husband first and his happiness and chance at life here in Australia. I will do my best to see it out until 2010 despite all our bad luck here so far. I'm trying to get some good out of it by doing courses inbetween the lack of work. I am still fighting myself NOT to look at the UK house sale websites at every opportunity tho.

Thanks again guys.

*pearly*
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

hi, I have been here since 26th June 2007, like you it feels like longer.
I'm also glad we did this as I had always wanted to come to Australia, my grandfather was Australian went to the UK in about 1919 and never came back, I always thought that was sad!!! now I know why!! no joking aside, I've done it and I'm also sad that its not for me but it's best to just accept that and move on. My eldest is 11 so I don't want to stay any longer than necessary as she needs to feel settled.
I hope to go back in April we are renting our house out and I think we have to give 2 months notice to the tenants so the earliest I can get back into my house will now be April.
It is sad leaving partners, I worry about leaving mine here but he insists he will be ok, we have lived apart before he worked in Dubai for a year and I stayed in the UK, it was hard but fantastic when he came home, like meeting each other again for the first time.
Good luck wish I was looking at all my packed boxes, but I sympathize with the fact that your Oh is staying here it does make it harder.
Take Care.
oh nearly forgot I'm in Brisbane
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

hi, I have been here since 26th June 2007, like you it feels like longer.
I'm also glad we did this as I had always wanted to come to Australia, my grandfather was Australian went to the UK in about 1919 and never came back, I always thought that was sad!!! now I know why!! no joking aside, I've done it and I'm also sad that its not for me but it's best to just accept that and move on. My eldest is 11 so I don't want to stay any longer than necessary as she needs to feel settled.
I hope to go back in April we are renting our house out and I think we have to give 2 months notice to the tenants so the earliest I can get back into my house will now be April.
It is sad leaving partners, I worry about leaving mine here but he insists he will be ok, we have lived apart before he worked in Dubai for a year and I stayed in the UK, it was hard but fantastic when he came home, like meeting each other again for the first time.
Good luck wish I was looking at all my packed boxes, but I sympathize with the fact that your Oh is staying here it does make it harder.
Take Care.
oh nearly forgot I'm in Brisbane

Very similar stories..my eldest is also 11 and will start secondary school next year so like you don't want to hang around. How do your children feel about returning? My eldest 2 are so looking forward to the return (11 and 9), youngest 7 neither here nor there as long as he is fed and playing sport..doesn't care!

The main worry is the quality of OH's job on return..definitely great opportunity here and he has in fact turned down a promotion as he will be leaving (very loyal soul!) I just really hope he gets somethiong back in the Uk as challenging without having to travel..but I guess you can't have everything.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

My children are also excited about the return, the eldest has made some friends here but can't stand the heat and really misses her friends from home. My son can't wait to get back to his match of the day and football club, we thought there would be loads of sport here but there are no after school clubs at their school and everything costs an arm and a leg to join!!
Like you my Husband is my main worry about returning, he is Malaysian so does not have the same emotional pull to the Uk as I do, although he spent a long time there. His job here in Oz is great, not far to travel to work and well paid. Back home we live in rural Somerset so he will have to travel a fair distance to get an equivalent job. However I still feel that the UK is better for us as a family, I will be my usual happy positive self, and this will have a knock on effect for everyone, also we will be around family and friends and in our own home not some crappy rental!!
I think we just have to believe that everything will work out Ok and have faith!! Trust in the universe I'm just so glad we couldn't sell our house!! Thank goodness!!
Where are you going back to? hope you enjoy the next 10 days with your OH
Take care
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

My children are also excited about the return, the eldest has made some friends here but can't stand the heat and really misses her friends from home. My son can't wait to get back to his match of the day and football club, we thought there would be loads of sport here but there are no after school clubs at their school and everything costs an arm and a leg to join!!
Like you my Husband is my main worry about returning, he is Malaysian so does not have the same emotional pull to the Uk as I do, although he spent a long time there. His job here in Oz is great, not far to travel to work and well paid. Back home we live in rural Somerset so he will have to travel a fair distance to get an equivalent job. However I still feel that the UK is better for us as a family, I will be my usual happy positive self, and this will have a knock on effect for everyone, also we will be around family and friends and in our own home not some crappy rental!!
I think we just have to believe that everything will work out Ok and have faith!! Trust in the universe I'm just so glad we couldn't sell our house!! Thank goodness!!
Where are you going back to? hope you enjoy the next 10 days with your OH
Take care
Thanks..we are heading back to snowy Aberdeen and can't wait for some fresh air...and it will be 'fresh'!
My OH lived in Scotland for over 17 years so he likes Scotland (and his father is a Scot who came out on the £10 boat).It is more the job prospects that may be an issue. Like you I am normally such a positive and dynamic person and am looking forward to going home to that and having a bit more purpose to life. The children were really quite bored here at school and didn't realise how good they had it where they were...so lessons all round and back to appreciate all we nearly gave up.

Hope it all works out for you and you are right ...have faith and be positive, have no regrets and it will all come together.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I love Aberdeen my dad was born there and I stayed there with my OH's uncle when we first moved back from Malaysia. I would love to live there but need to be near family for the next 2 years as I'm doing my teacher training at Bath Spa University in September. Agree about Job prospects there though although I have seen a few up there for my OH he is in the construction industry Lovely place to live though, I felt really at home there. Well I'm jealous now knowing you're going back to Aberdeen, it will be so fresh and lovely. Did you manage to get you children back into their old schools. That's my next battle!!
Well back to the real world! Brisbane Australia and tea time for hungry kiddies!!!! must go and feed the monsters take care
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I love Aberdeen my dad was born there and I stayed there with my OH's uncle when we first moved back from Malaysia. I would love to live there but need to be near family for the next 2 years as I'm doing my teacher training at Bath Spa University in September. Agree about Job prospects there though although I have seen a few up there for my OH he is in the construction industry Lovely place to live though, I felt really at home there. Well I'm jealous now knowing you're going back to Aberdeen, it will be so fresh and lovely. Did you manage to get you children back into their old schools. That's my next battle!!
Well back to the real world! Brisbane Australia and tea time for hungry kiddies!!!! must go and feed the monsters take care
You lucky girl, Bath! As a closet JA fan I could happily settle in Bath (if only I had the fortune to go with it!!!) We lived in Bristol for a few years when DH was at uni there - definitely not the same at all!!!

I am so thrilled for those of you who can, and are, heading home. I hope it all works out brilliantly for you all!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quoll
You lucky girl, Bath! As a closet JA fan I could happily settle in Bath (if only I had the fortune to go with it!!!) We lived in Bristol for a few years when DH was at uni there - definitely not the same at all!!!

I am so thrilled for those of you who can, and are, heading home. I hope it all works out brilliantly for you all!
Hi Quoll
lovely sentiment of wishing everyone well particularly as I know from reading your posts you would love to be one of the returnees. I have read your posts with interest and it makes me realise all the more that we are doing the right thing by returning now. A few years down the line and I am afraid we would be in 'no mans land' and I too could be posting a desire to return after 20 or so years. It must be very difficult for you, but as many other posters here we do things out of love and that is probably more important than location.

Mum of 5
In answer to your school question we have been lucky enough to get 2 out of 3 back in to their old school and I am badgering for the 3rd (almost daily). he has a definite spot back there in August which is great and will just return to his very first primary school where he has friends until then ...so not too bad and just glad to be getting back onto Scottish soil (probably wet soil!)
The kids will have a bit of catch up but the school have been fantastic sending out the curriculum outline and even offering uniform from lost property if we need till we get sorted!

The schools to be honest have been a huge dissappointment and we definitely have 3 less motivated and enthused children but even the thought of getting back to their old school has re-ignited their enthusiasm.Will yours struggle to get back to their old school?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really niceJandysi is just really nice

Oh My oh my,

I'm glad I posted on here now because although I don't like to hear of people being unhappy/dissatisfied/even regretful on occasion????!!! I love it that everyone seems to be so positive and reassuring with eachother - it's wonderful to see before me. I love it!

I love reading about you all making decisions to be true to yourselves where you can and I personally getting warmth and good vibes from it so far - so big thanks.

Pearly, you said it about my post, but you put into type SO MUCH of what i feel also, and hey guess what, my husband walked in yesterday with talk of promotion in a few months.......just to make it all even more similar. What you talk of that you miss and love, i do to and I want to live my life that way.

So many of you have talked in an empathetic way and I am hugely glad i found this site now. I am starting to feel ' alive ' just chatting with you.

Big hugs to all who need one or just fancy one, and speak soon

xx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lorids
Hi Quoll
lovely sentiment of wishing everyone well particularly as I know from reading your posts you would love to be one of the returnees. I have read your posts with interest and it makes me realise all the more that we are doing the right thing by returning now. A few years down the line and I am afraid we would be in 'no mans land' and I too could be posting a desire to return after 20 or so years. It must be very difficult for you, but as many other posters here we do things out of love and that is probably more important than location.

Mum of 5
In answer to your school question we have been lucky enough to get 2 out of 3 back in to their old school and I am badgering for the 3rd (almost daily). he hhas a definite spot back there in August which is great and will just return to his very first primary school where he has friends until then ...so not too bad and just glad to be getting back onto Scottish soil (probably wet soil!)
The kids will have a bit of catch up but the school have been fantastic sending out the curriculum outline and even offering uniform from lost property if we need till we get sorted!

The schools to be honest have been a huge dissappointment and we definitely have 3 less motivated and enthused children but even the thought of getting back to their old school has re-ignited their enthusiasm.Will yours struggle to get back to their old school?
Hi you are so lucky to get them back into their old schools, I haven't approached mine yet not sure what will happen fingers crossed I will be lucky.
Your school sounds lovely, my children went to school in Aberdeen for a few weeks and I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff.
Well keep us posted as to how you all get on. Take Care

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.