Expat Mortgage

Old Jan 6th 2015, 9:26 am
Just Joined

stig2k16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expat Mortgage

Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed on another thread however I am keen on some further advice.

I have lived in Sydney for around 4 years and I am looking to purchase a buy to let back in the UK. After a number of discussions with potential lenders they have advised me that there is an Australian law that basically makes this near impossible.

My questions are is this possible, who with and how do I contact the relevant parties?

Many thanks in advance
Old Jan 6th 2015, 1:44 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Mortgage

Buy to Let landlord mortgages - Get mortgage with 20% or 15% deposit

Ten tips for buy-to-let | This is Money
Old Jan 7th 2015, 1:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Also discussed at:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/austr...tgages-850099/
Old Jan 8th 2015, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

We tried it last year while i was still working in the UK and were told everything was ok go ahead and put an offer on a house up to X amount but once we had done this they couldn't get it over the line. very frustrating and embarrassing
We were also told about so regulation or law about banks landing between the OK and OZ
Old Jan 8th 2015, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just posted a reply to your query on the Australia board.