Excited but terrifed

Old Mar 4th 2013, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Excited but terrifed

Originally Posted by kat589
Hi WF, I am also 49 this year and going back hopefully in a month if not sooner after being away for 10 years in Australia and NZ. I will be on my own as my husband and younger son will stay in NZ as we are separated.

It is scary and I am lucky as I have my parents help, but I know its better than staying and putting on even more weight and no friends of any substance etc. I know I will miss the weather and the beach we live next to but I need to feel I am at home and not waiting for something all the time that never comes. I miss chatting to Brits and having a proper conversation etc.

Its a shame all of us going back dont have a way of meeting up etc regularly as I think once you have been away, its different when you go back again. People who have never left the UK dont know what we have been though etc.

I am sure you will be fine as you have made plans etc. Enjoy your time in the US now that you know you are going!
That's for sure! I don't think anyone could possibly imagine! I feel as if I was swooped off the planet (UK) and planted on Mars!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Well why dont we start an ex ex pats meet up section!!!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 4:07 am
Just Joined

kat589 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds Great !!!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:48 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Well why dont we start an ex ex pats meet up section!!!
Awesome, I'm in! We all have to turn up wearing our screen names on a badge though hee hee!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:50 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi WF, I am also 49 this year and going back hopefully in a month if not sooner after being away for 10 years in Australia and NZ. I will be on my own as my husband and younger son will stay in NZ as we are separated.

It is scary and I am lucky as I have my parents help, but I know its better than staying and putting on even more weight and no friends of any substance etc. I know I will miss the weather and the beach we live next to but I need to feel I am at home and not waiting for something all the time that never comes. I miss chatting to Brits and having a proper conversation etc.

Its a shame all of us going back dont have a way of meeting up etc regularly as I think once you have been away, its different when you go back again. People who have never left the UK dont know what we have been though etc.

I am sure you will be fine as you have made plans etc. Enjoy your time in the US now that you know you are going!
Hit the nail on the head there Kat!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like we have a whole new crop of "impending returnees" here! Can I just wish all of you the best of luck and say when you're feeling stressed, just take a big breath and try to relax a bit - I know, easier said than done. I've said this before but honestly, the time til departure will go over before you know it. In four weeks' time I will be celebrating two years back on home soil and it seems like five minutes. Enjoy this pre-departure time if you can at all for what it is - full of hope and promise. I actually look back now at my final stressed out weeks before I left Canada and smile about them.

Just a word of caution for those of you looking to lose weight when you get back - it may not happen quite as quickly as you might like once you've rediscovered our fantastic chippys, pubs, bakeries and and all the other good stuff we missed during our time away. I confess I've been having an illicit affair with Mr. Kipling since I got back Don't even get me started about Marks & Spencer.

I hope if you all get the chance you might resurrect the "Bon Voyage" thread at the top of the Rovers Return page and let everyone know when you're leaving so we can roll out the old welcome mat so to speak.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:14 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Awesome, I'm in! We all have to turn up wearing our screen names on a badge though hee hee!
Great, it sounds like we have a plan! Now all we need to do is find out where everyone is going to end up and work it all out from there...lol. For those who are going to be living further away from London for example, we can organize a halfway point.

Anyone else have any suggestions??
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:18 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by curleytops
It sounds like we have a whole new crop of "impending returnees" here! Can I just wish all of you the best of luck and say when you're feeling stressed, just take a big breath and try to relax a bit - I know, easier said than done. I've said this before but honestly, the time til departure will go over before you know it. In four weeks' time I will be celebrating two years back on home soil and it seems like five minutes. Enjoy this pre-departure time if you can at all for what it is - full of hope and promise. I actually look back now at my final stressed out weeks before I left Canada and smile about them.

Just a word of caution for those of you looking to lose weight when you get back - it may not happen quite as quickly as you might like once you've rediscovered our fantastic chippys, pubs, bakeries and and all the other good stuff we missed during our time away. I confess I've been having an illicit affair with Mr. Kipling since I got back Don't even get me started about Marks & Spencer.

I hope if you all get the chance you might resurrect the "Bon Voyage" thread at the top of the Rovers Return page and let everyone know when you're leaving so we can roll out the old welcome mat so to speak.

I read through the 'Bon Voyage' thread and think that its a great idea. I just hope people would keep up with it so we all know when everyone is finally getting to live their dream and fly home

Thanks curleytops for reminding me about the chippys... I just had a vision of chips, mushy peas and steak pudding..and gained 2lbs just thinking about it. lol But the good part is that we will all be HOME and so we can work off what we eat just by walking around a lot and gazing in wonder at the world around us.lol. At least that's the plan...LOL
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:23 pm
Yorkshire Lass

It's funny...now that I know I'm leaving in 3 weeks, the US seems okay..lol. But you are so right...all of us who have posted on here and made the journey home, should meet up and talk about our journeys... For those who might not have any friends to go home to...it will almost be like we have 'friends' from this web site to talk to and catch up with.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
[/B][/COLOR]

It's funny...now that I know I'm leaving in 3 weeks, the US seems okay..lol. But you are so right...all of us who have posted on here and made the journey home, should meet up and talk about our journeys... For those who might not have any friends to go home to...it will almost be like we have 'friends' from this web site to talk to and catch up with.
Yes, it seems okay when you know you won't be here for long and you have that eager anticipation about returning home in your gut You know there is an end to it - and there is a way out.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:34 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by windsong
Yes, it seems okay when you know you won't be here for long and you have that eager anticipation about returning home in your gut You know there is an end to it - and there is a way out.
True There is light at the end of the tunnel...and for once it isn't a train!

Just to show how homesick I am...yesterday I spent the day on my laptop watching You Tube..lol. It's amazing how much you can get a taste of home on that web site. I watched planes landing at Heathrow (from inside the plane) and to top it all off I watch a video that someone had actually taken on the underground from Heathrow to Cockfosters (Piccadilly Line). They'd video'd the entire journey all 1.5 hours of it.. and like the mug I am I watched it all...reminiscing about the number of times I'd caught that train and stopped at those stops

Sad ! LOL
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
True There is light at the end of the tunnel...and for once it isn't a train!

Just to show how homesick I am...yesterday I spent the day on my laptop watching You Tube..lol. It's amazing how much you can get a taste of home on that web site. I watched planes landing at Heathrow (from inside the plane) and to top it all off I watch a video that someone had actually taken on the underground from Heathrow to Cockfosters (Piccadilly Line). They'd video'd the entire journey all 1.5 hours of it.. and like the mug I am I watched it all...reminiscing about the number of times I'd caught that train and stopped at those stops

Sad ! LOL
I understand completely!!! I do the same thing. I think I have watched all the YouTube videos of the trains in the UK., the videos about Scotland and Somerset, as many TV episodes of Escape to the Country as I can find, joined Facebook groups relating to the UK, liked as many Facebook "pages" as I could find about Britain, dug out my British cookery books - you name it!!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curleytops

Thanks for making me smile about an illicit affair with Mr. Kipling. At least for me thats why I am trying to lose the weight now! I know when I hit British soil I will be gorging on all the things listed above I hope the temptation wears off after a few weeks but am dubious about that bit.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:44 pm
Yorkshire Lass

I understand completely!!! I do the same thing. I think I have watched all the YouTube videos of the trains in the UK., the videos about Scotland and Somerset, as many TV episodes of Escape to the Country as I can find, joined Facebook groups relating to the UK, liked as many Facebook "pages" as I could find about Britain, dug out my British cookery books - you name it!!
I love watching 'Escape to the Country' So when are you leaving??
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

So very true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.