Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Euro/Sterling exchange rate: what would you do?

Euro/Sterling exchange rate: what would you do?

Old Jun 26th 2015, 10:29 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro/Sterling exchange rate: what would you do?

Originally Posted by holly_1948
Silver.
Historically over centuries a pound of silver was worth an ounce of gold (16:1).
Nowadays only roughly ten tonnes of silver are mined for every one tonne of gold (10:1).
Today the weight for weight gold to silver spot market value ratio is about 75:1.
A huge correction is overdue.
If you want to speculate, silver will give you a chance of a huge gain with little risk of losing even a third of your money if things go sideways.
If you don't want to speculate then maybe put a tenth of your funds in silver. Just beware of paper silver and get the metal kind.
Banks are no longer safe places to keep money, with bail-ins spreading everywhere. But you have no choice but to use banks modernly either slightly or greatly.
thanks for the tip, I think I'll pass on that

Maybe though, what about a commodities 2X or 3X ETF or an inverse ETF & what about adding in a covered call option on that, or maybe go with a short put (AKA naked put/uncovered put)?

I just don't know, decisions, decisions just to try to make a few bucks these days, its all so complicated

I think I will stick to safe & sure 'cash under the mattress' with some sure safe 'capital preserved' investment that can keep in line with the low inflation rate we have right now

just saying .....