Reload this Page >

Establishing a US Phone Number

Establishing a US Phone Number

Old Aug 5th 2020, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Streetlegal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Establishing a US Phone Number

Hi all,

I read somewhere on this forum, but can no longer locate, advice regarding keeping a US phone number when moving back to the UK, particularly since I will need to keep a USA bank account for my pension and retirement funds.

Can someone kindly remind me of the options for doing this?

I have looked at my existing Skype account, tied to my email, and it seems to obtain a US phone number one needs to set up a separate fee-paying account tied to a cell phone. Is this the way to do it?

Thanks.
Best,
Paul
Old Aug 6th 2020, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Establishing a US Phone Number

Google is your friend!
https://www.google.com/search?client...er+when+abroad
Old Aug 6th 2020, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Streetlegal is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot, ianandhelena!

Eddie Paul
Old Aug 12th 2020, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

countrygirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point

It sounds like you are in the same boat as me. I just retired and have and apartment in UK that I plan to make my primary residence.. I keep my bank accounts open here for my pension to be paid into.. I pay $50 t mobile for unlimited data and have used it for years in UK .. Paymen just comes out of my bank every month ..

Do you have any idea about ease of changing old UK address on green driving license? The form asks if you have lived abroad in. last couple. of years. I'm afraid to send it saying yes and not get my license back.

Old Aug 12th 2020, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by countrygirl33

Do you have any idea about ease of changing old UK address on green driving license? The form asks if you have lived abroad in. last couple. of years. I'm afraid to send it saying yes and not get my license back.
My wife and I had no problem converting our old green driving licences to the new picture versions, and we had been out of the country 29 years so don’t worry about it.
Old Aug 16th 2020, 12:06 am
Just Joined

lauraloulou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Did you try this iandandhelena? I would love to know if it worked. I have a Google voice number pointing to a regular cell phone number and from what I understand I can’t point my US voice number to a UK phone number for calls. Seems like Google Voice worked well for texting I’m just wondering how well it works to make calls showing that from that number.