Education system

Old Mar 17th 2016, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Education system

Hi

I am moving back to England with my 10 and 7year old daughters in June. They were born in MA, USA and have been in the American school system obviously.

My 10 year old daughter who is in 4th grade is on an IEP (individualized education program) and has recently been diagnosed with ADD so she does struggle with her work.

Interested to know what the difference between American and English education. I'm hoping for an easy transition for them. Common Core maths is horrendous and I'm hoping they don't do that there.

Thank you
Old Mar 18th 2016, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

kamrpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Education system

Hi,

We moved from UK to MA, US with 10 years, He had to go down a year so He is in Grade 4, He thinks that Math is very hard for him here compare to UK and He is loving it.

He thinks they don't put more effort on English as much as UK school.

Why are you moving back ? Although we have been here not long enough we are sort of making decision whether to stay or move back.

Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2016, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Education system

I want to be back with my family. All my family are there apart from 1 sister in Australia. I feel there's more to do in the UK for children as well and I hate MA winters.