DVLA

Old Jun 25th 2015, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default DVLA

What a frustrating organisation! Website really confusing and then after completing the online form to renew photo licence, system gave me an error page saying unable to complete the request. Phone call @ premium rate only told to be told "sorry, not sure why so please go to the post office, fill out a postal form and send us a cheque or Postal Order"! FFS who uses cheques and postal orders in this day and age??

After another phone call to them, it seems that as my last UK licence was in my married title Mrs, and my passport was renewed after my divorce (when I started using Ms but kept same surname), and despite other details not changing i.e. national insurance number, date of birth etc, I am not the same person!

Stuff them, I'm not going to bother to renew and will just drive on my NZ valid licence!
Old Jun 25th 2015, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVLA

Originally Posted by cappuccino
What a frustrating organisation! Website really confusing and then after completing the online form to renew photo licence, system gave me an error page saying unable to complete the request. Phone call @ premium rate only told to be told "sorry, not sure why so please go to the post office, fill out a postal form and send us a cheque or Postal Order"! FFS who uses cheques and postal orders in this day and age??

After another phone call to them, it seems that as my last UK licence was in my married title Mrs, and my passport was renewed after my divorce (when I started using Ms but kept same surname), and despite other details not changing i.e. national insurance number, date of birth etc, I am not the same person!

Stuff them, I'm not going to bother to renew and will just drive on my NZ valid licence!
I changed my paper licence to photocard at a main Post Office. It took less than five minutes including having my photo taken. I paid in cash. Simple.
How will people live when the internet goes down for a day or two?

You can drive on your NZ licence for one year. But typically have a more restricted choice of insurance companies.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVLA

Originally Posted by cappuccino

but you can only use a foreign licence for 1 year.