Driving license

Old Oct 27th 2020, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Renwodnek is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Driving license

I am 70 years old, I have a French driving lisence and will be returning to the UK next year. Will I need to change my license to a British one.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving license

All you need to know is here:

https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/driving-licences
Old Oct 28th 2020, 1:46 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever have a British licence previously? I assume that you did, in which case all you need to do is apply to have your British licence reissued.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 9:00 am
Banned

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Renwodnek
I am 70 years old, I have a French driving lisence and will be returning to the UK next year. Will I need to change my license to a British one.
There shouldn't be a problem unless you have some sort of medical condition that requires a doctor to certify you are able to drive. When you fill out the necessary form it should ask for any medical conditions that you have which could affect driving.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KJMW
There shouldn't be a problem unless you have some sort of medical condition that requires a doctor to certify you are able to drive. When you fill out the necessary form it should ask for any medical conditions that you have which could affect driving.
I understand what you are saying but my question was 'do I need to change my licesne'.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 11:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you are saying but my question was 'do I need to change my licesne'.
Which has been answered above with the link given, but KJMW was just letting you know that there shouldn't be any issue with doing so when the time comes (3 years after moving it appears), unless you have a medical issue.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 28th 2020 at 11:35 am.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Which has been answered above with the link given, but KJMW was just letting you know that there shouldn't be any issue with doing so when the time comes (3 years after moving it appears), unless you have a medical issue.

HTH.
Sorry but can't see any link.
Old Oct 28th 2020, 1:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

In the first response to you? Post number 2, can you see it now?
Old Oct 28th 2020, 7:35 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Repeat just in case.

https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/driving-licences
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:03 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you are saying but my question was 'do I need to change my licence?'
Technically, the correct answer to that question is "Yes", with the qualifier, "and you have 12 months after arrival in the UK to do so."
Old Oct 30th 2020, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the inform