Taking my Canada pension cpp back to U.K. from Canada process

Old Oct 30th 2020, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

trailer123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking my Canada pension cpp back to U.K. from Canada process

Help
Old Oct 30th 2020, 3:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking my Canada pension cpp back to U.K. from Canada process

Originally Posted by trailer123
Help
We don't charge by the word you know! If you're asking a question, please give full details so that people can try and help.

Also, a search of the forum will often give info in previous threads.

HTH.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
We don't charge by the word you know! If you're asking a question, please give full details so that people can try and help.

Also, a search of the forum will often give info in previous threads.

HTH.
OP has already asked the question in another post - he's bumping.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 10:52 am
Just Joined

trailer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where do I find this post
Old Nov 1st 2020, 12:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trailer123
Where do I find this post
The only other post I can find for you is here - Transferring Riff investment from Canada to UK I'm sure others in the know will be able to help you work out info on transferring your pension, but you might want to give more info, like how many years contributions you have, and why you want to transfer it rather than just drawing it from the UK?

Have you kept up your NI contributions to get a full UK pension too?

Your other posts have been deleted, please don't ask the same question more than once or in different forums - and this forum is the right place to ask, rather than the Canada forum.

Thx, hope you get the answers you need.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 5:05 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

trailer123
I lived in Canada for 39 years with my husband we are British citizens and children born in U.K.

My husband passed away and I just came back to U.K. and have decided I want to stay I’m 66 I don’t qualify for pension in U.K. I didn’t work long enough here do I qualify for anything else my husband worked here in a good job before we left . IV been told I can have my pension transferred to U.K. how do I go about this. Would love some advice it’s been a horrendous few years . 😍
You can apply for Old Age Security pension https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...it-amount.html
You can apply for Survivors Pension based on your husbands Canada Pension Plan if he contributed to it. https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...r-pension.html
If you made contribution to CPP you can apply for your own pension - https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...sions/cpp.html
Claiming when living abroad > https://www.canada.ca/en/services/be...ore-apply.html

You might be entitled to something from the UK... you should have got Child care credits for any years you had children in the UK (years you received child benefit / from 1975), and any years you worked or years you were registered as unemployed. You need 10 in total (at 66).. it might be worth paying class 2 voluntary contributions (if you worked for 1 year or more in the UK before moving to Canada). You may also be able to use for husband's NI payments towards a pension for you.. https://www.gov.uk/new-state-pension...-civil-partner

Do read this too https://www.gov.uk/state-pension-thr.../female_gender
and https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance-credits

Hope this is of some use.. so sorry for your loss..

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 1st 2020 at 5:19 pm. Reason: sp