The dreaded phone call

Old Jun 29th 2008, 4:41 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Unhappy The dreaded phone call

Yep, got the dreaded call i have always hoped i wouldn't get...my dear mum has breast cancer
How i wish i could just leave this place to be with her...she is being so positive and strong about it.

I have read threads on here about others having to return under these circumstances, now i know how you all feel. It's the price we pay for emigrating.
I will be with her, i have promised her that
Old Jun 29th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dreaded phone call

My thoughts are with you. I hope you can be together again soon.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god I am so so sorry.

I will never forget the frustration and pain when I went through this with my own Mum and a distance of about 30 miles may as well have been 1000.

I sincerely hope you can be with her, take one day at a time and have some faith in her positive attitude.

My Mum said she hated it when we moped around her - it pulled her down and she wanted to be as normal as possible and be allowed to discuss it as and when she saw fit.

Did they say if it is advanced or what treatment they will be doing?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 6:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Oh god I am so so sorry.

I will never forget the frustration and pain when I went through this with my own Mum and a distance of about 30 miles may as well have been 1000.

I sincerely hope you can be with her, take one day at a time and have some faith in her positive attitude.

My Mum said she hated it when we moped around her - it pulled her down and she wanted to be as normal as possible and be allowed to discuss it as and when she saw fit.

Did they say if it is advanced or what treatment they will be doing?
It is stage 2. They will be removing the whole of her breast on 8th July.
She is so positive about it as they have given her 80% chance of survival.

I am being strong for her as like you say, she doesn't want people moping about all doom and gloom. She wants positive vibes.
It still has been a shock as OH mother has lung cancer with 40% survival.

As soon as my house is sold i will be with her.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 6:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Yep, got the dreaded call i have always hoped i wouldn't get...my dear mum has breast cancer
How i wish i could just leave this place to be with her...she is being so positive and strong about it.

I have read threads on here about others having to return under these circumstances, now i know how you all feel. It's the price we pay for emigrating.
Having been where you are I feel for you R, I will be thinking about you over the coming weeks. Lots of love to you and yours at this time xx
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:24 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy crap R. I'm so sorry to hear this

You know where I am if you need a chat
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:26 am

Triboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry to hear your news Nu-Shooz, sending best thoughts to you and your Mum.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Nu Shooz, I really feel for you. I'm sorry to hear about your mum. It is indeed the call we all dread. How are you coping? You must be beside yourself.

Take care and look after yourself and I hope you can be with your mum soon
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:55 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry to hear your sad news R, the distance is terrible in such circumstances. God willing you will be home with your mum very soonxxx
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:47 am
Account Closed

Thanks everyone for your kind and lovely thoughts.

These situations will always be difficult, i will be on the phone to her daily if i can't be with her now.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh that's so sad I hope that you get to return as soon as possible and support her.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Oh so sorry to hear that - I will be keeping everything crossed that you can wrap things up and get home really quickly. Good that she is positive and that the doctors have a plan for what they are going to do.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

NS - I am so sorry to here about your mother. Being away from home at a time like this is so desperately worrying. I wish you all the luck in the world to get your house sold as soon as possible so you can be with your mother.

Last edited by Marmalade; Jun 29th 2008 at 2:17 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really niceDee_dee is just really nice

oooh god, what a shock, how frustrated you must feel. I can only wish you a speedy move to be near to your darling mother, and an even speedier return to full health for her.

Best wishes & thoughts go with you both!!
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Blueshazban has a brilliant futureBlueshazban has a brilliant futureBlueshazban has a brilliant futureBlueshazban has a brilliant futureBlueshazban has a brilliant futureBlueshazban has a brilliant futureBlueshazban has a brilliant future

So sorry to hear your bad news - it's never an easy thing to have to deal with. I've been there and at the time decided to pack up and be with her but then another family member stepped up and beat me to it (she was the only one left back in the UK but was getting ready to come to the states).

I'll keep you guys in my prayers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.