The dreaded phone call

Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The dreaded phone call

So sorry to hear your news Rach.

I really hope your house sale happens soon and then you can make the move back home to be with your mum.

Will be thinking of you all.

Stu
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:46 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

How awful for you! Stay strong. We're all thinking of you.

Sarah
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond reputenicola411 has a reputation beyond repute

HI Nu

So sorry to hear about you Mum. It just so shit here and we all just want to go home but you had kind of resigned yourself to staying a bit longer and now this happens. I feel for you sweetheart I do.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add what everyone else is saying.....sorry for your bad news - it is the hardest thing to overcome being an Expat when times go bad back home....all you want to do is be there and reach out to those in pain....there may not be a thing you can do to help them get better but at least you are there for them and sharing their situation.

All the best Nu-shooz xx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Bad news really does make you refocus, hope the house sells soon.

I am sure your mum knows where your heart is.

Try and keep strong
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:28 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Thanks everyone, i spoke to my mum yesterday, she was in tears. Reality is sinking in now that she has to have a breast removed. I don't know how to comfort her over the phone i don't want to say the wrong thing to her.

She will pull through, i know she will
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:34 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Thanks everyone, i spoke to my mum yesterday, she was in tears. Reality is sinking in now that she has to have a breast removed. I don't know how to comfort her over the phone i don't want to say the wrong thing to her.

Hi Nu-shooz-so sad to read you're going thru this. My mum had her whole breast removed, she recovered really fast from the surgery and the reconstruction they did a year later was amazing-and that was 14 years back. Best wishes to you both!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Nu-Shooz I so sorry to hear about your mum.....with todays "medicines" she will be in good hands...your doing the right thing by just listening to her and letting her cry (she most probably is being strong in front of family members at home so you are her "release valve")....been through something similar with my mum and it's hard....stay strong.....and the gods willing you will be home in no time......you know where I live for a coffee and a "shoulder" if you need one!!!!!
take care
Jackie
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:40 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Rach

Sorry to hear about your mum hon, hang in there,

the house will sell or rent it out

failing that, get back and let OH sort it all out here

Thinking of you hon xxx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Hi Nu-shooz-so sad to read you're going thru this. My mum had her whole breast removed, she recovered really fast from the surgery and the reconstruction they did a year later was amazing-and that was 14 years back. Best wishes to you both!
Thanks for that, it is very encouraging. I will tell my mum all this.

Originally Posted by brits1
Nu-Shooz I so sorry to hear about your mum.....with todays "medicines" she will be in good hands...your doing the right thing by just listening to her and letting her cry (she most probably is being strong in front of family members at home so you are her "release valve")....been through something similar with my mum and it's hard....stay strong.....and the gods willing you will be home in no time......you know where I live for a coffee and a "shoulder" if you need one!!!!!
take care
Jackie
Thanks jackie. How's the home opens going?

Originally Posted by Sam
Rach

Sorry to hear about your mum hon, hang in there,

the house will sell or rent it out

failing that, get back and let OH sort it all out here

Thinking of you hon xxx

Cheers
Must try and meet up again. I know i let you down last time..(Jack is fine now)...i promise i won't let you down next time
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:34 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible, just horrible Rachael.

I know what you are going through. It is so emotionally painful. Your mum knows you care and thats all that matters.
I just pray you can get back ASAP.

Big hugs xxxx

Tried to send karma but it wont let me
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry as everyone says about your Mum, fingers crossed you and all can get back to UK soon.

Kath and Gang xxxx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Horrible, just horrible Rachael.

I know what you are going through. It is so emotionally painful. Your mum knows you care and thats all that matters.
I just pray you can get back ASAP.

Big hugs xxxx

Tried to send karma but it wont let me
Thanks for that

How are you doing anyway?? hope you are making a full recovery. And how's life back in UK
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:49 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nu - Shooz - sorry to hear yr horride news.
My mum had a mastectomy 14 years ago - yr mum will be in shock and cry , be upset, frightened etc, which is hell of you being miles away.

Does she have a friend nearby you can contact to help out? get her to call the local Breast Cancer charity or drs surgery = there should be a support network of people that she can talk all her fears thru with - other women that have been thriu the same thing. Wether she will have reconstruction etc . . .

The Purple Website is a good start - or bacup
www.SmilingWomen.org
www.breastcancercare.org.uk/
www.breastcancersupport.co.uk/

thinking of you xxxxx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, it is very encouraging. I will tell my mum all this.

Thanks jackie. How's the home opens going?

Cheers
Must try and meet up again. I know i let you down last time..(Jack is fine now)...i promise i won't let you down next time
Hi,

We have 3 homes opens (alternate Sundays) last one was very quiet only 4 couples came through....next one is this Sunday and we are thinking of dropping the price already as we just want to get home...had enough now....we have kept it at the same price for this Sunday...start of the new financial year and rates on hold we thought we would give it just one more shot.....then lower it....had some excellent comments about the house but for the most they have to sell their home etc...or they don't want to live opposite a park.....just one person thought it was over priced!!! so fingers crossed and asking our Guardian Angels to come back from their "holidays" and help us sell it this weekend!!!!!!!
Take care
J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.