Downton Abbey - Series 3

Old Sep 15th 2012, 12:29 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Downton Abbey - Series 3

Ooooh I can't wait...

The third series of Downton Abbey will be broadcast in the UK starting this Sunday 16th September at 9pm UK time

I'll be watching it on the ITV website.

There is a little 'welcome back' video here:

http://www.itv.com/downtonabbey/

Now if you can't see the video, you will need to con your PC/laptop or tablet into thinking you are in the UK. You do this by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network). There are loads of VPN providers, some are free of charge and others impose a subscription service. I am totally useless with technology, but even I was able to easily do so. You will need a decent internet speed though.

The VPN which I downloaded onto my laptop is:

http://www.expatshield.com (but there are many others)

It takes a couple of minutes and is free of charge. You get a little icon of a shield on your computer. If it is coloured red it is off and if green you have activated it and it is ON.

All you need to do then is to go to the websites for the BBC, ITV or Channel 4 to watch their TV shows in real-time or previously broadcast programmes on their iPlayers. Btw for the BBC yes of course you do have a TV licence.... I was able to watch the London 2012 Olympics in real time on the BBC iPlayer and it was brilliant!

Simple!

PS. My laptop uses Windows. If you have a Mac/iPad then I'm afraid I don't know how to download a VPN and you will need to google for the instructions....

Enjoy Downton Abbey this weekend! (or Match of the Day/Coronation St/Eastenders/Dr. Who/Doc Martin etc. etc.)

Last edited by Englishmum; Sep 15th 2012 at 12:32 am.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Downton Abbey - Series 3

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Ooooh I can't wait...

The third series of Downton Abbey will be broadcast in the UK starting this Sunday 16th September at 9pm UK time

Now if you can't see the video, you will need to con your PC/laptop or tablet into thinking you are in the UK. You do this by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network). There are loads of VPN providers, some are free of charge and others impose a subscription service. I am totally useless with technology, but even I was able to easily do so. You will need a decent internet speed though.

It takes a couple of minutes and is free of charge. You get a little icon of a shield on your computer. If it is coloured red it is off and if green you have activated it and it is ON.

All you need to do then is to go to the websites for the BBC, ITV or Channel 4 to watch their TV shows in real-time or previously broadcast programmes on their iPlayers. Btw for the BBC yes of course you do have a TV licence.... I was able to watch the London 2012 Olympics in real time on the BBC iPlayer and it was brilliant!

Simple!

PS. My laptop uses Windows. If you have a Mac/iPad then I'm afraid I don't know how to download a VPN and you will need to google for the instructions....

Enjoy Downton Abbey this weekend! (or Match of the Day/Coronation St/Eastenders/Dr. Who/Doc Martin etc. etc.)
Whats the website for ITV?

I have just about got my access to bbc iplayre sorted but not tackled ITV yet.

Long and boring story about satellite internet which i ditched today. whoo-hoo 21st century!!
Old Sep 15th 2012, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh I can't wait...
Old Sep 15th 2012, 2:18 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Downton Abbey - Series 3

Originally Posted by Adnams
Whats the website for ITV?
http://www.itv.com

Downton Abbey information page (& welcome back video in the midst of the 3 main photos) http://www.itv.com/downtonabbey/

Real-time/Live and older programmes (eg. the comedy 'Benidorm') are on the ITV Player page:

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/#intcmp=NAV_ITVPLAYE

Old Sep 16th 2012, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray! So looking forward to tomorrow.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Prepare yourselves for the Battle of the Matriarchs.......Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham (aka Dame Maggie Smith) and American Cora's American mum, Martha Levinson (aka Shirley MacLaine).

Apparently Dowager Violet's memorable put down one liners are as sharp and as cutting and as wounding as ever....only Dame Maggie could carry them off with such impunity....that woman is a national treasure!

According to the current Radio Times article Shirley MacLaine enjoyed every single minute of her time filming in England, in and around Highclere Castle in north Hampshire, just to the south of Newbury, which took place mostly in the past crappy 2012 British non-summer (the crappiest for a hundred years) and she even got (sort of) used to the frequent rainy spells.
Old Sep 16th 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMoonshadow_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.itv.com

Downton Abbey information page (& welcome back video in the midst of the 3 main photos) http://www.itv.com/downtonabbey/

Real-time/Live and older programmes (eg. the comedy 'Benidorm') are on the ITV Player page:

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/#intcmp=NAV_ITVPLAYE

Can you watch it live? I haven't managed to get the Live iTV going live. I suppose I'll have to settle for iTV player, but I want it live!!!
Old Sep 16th 2012, 8:47 pm

Cool Re: Downton Abbey - Series 3

Originally Posted by Moonshadow_Girl
Can you watch it live? I haven't managed to get the Live iTV going live. I suppose I'll have to settle for iTV player, but I want it live!!!
Yes - watching it live but there are so many blooming adverts!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

I installed expat shield but it keeps opening blank internet explorer pages on top of whatever I am watching. I may have to try to take it off and put it back on. Maybe it's because I'm using Chrome?
Old Sep 18th 2012, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Just got finished watching the first episode!

I downloaded it from The Box, if anyone still is part of that website, you can easily do the same thing.

And no commercials!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:01 pm

Oooh, I just received a card in the post today for a new Broadway play called 'The Heiress'.

It stars Dan Stevens, who plays Matthew in Downton Abbey (and Jessica Chastain who was in the movie 'The Help'.

It will be on an 18 week run until 18th November; I have a discount code for tickets - up to 30% off) which is HEDMX827 if you buy via http://www.broadwayoffers.com or call 212-947-8844

Official website:

http://www.theheiressonbroadway.com

I wish I could go....however I'm moving back to Europe the day before the production starts....but OTOH I've just discovered that Eddie Izzard will be performing in Zurich next Spring...I saw him at Madison Square Garden and he was brilliant.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Yet another fantastic retort from the indomitable Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, after being in the company of the equally formidable Martha Levinson, the American mother of the American Cora, Countess of Grantham, and of course in reference to Martha:

"Horrible woman! The more I am in her company the more I appreciate the virtues of English people!"

Classic stuff!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh I can't wait...

Simple!

Am I missing something? On BBC player I can download shows to play later at a time convenient to me. I cant seem to find a similar option on ITV player. Do they not offer this function? Or am I being a flat earther and totally missing it when its in plain sight on the site?
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Expat Shield installs spyware and malware on your computer, I've uninstalled it and it and it's still knocking around trying to make connections to the internet. Now I have to run antibytes to get rid of it all.....I guess nothing is truly free!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 1:54 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
Am I missing something? On BBC player I can download shows to play later at a time convenient to me. I cant seem to find a similar option on ITV player. Do they not offer this function? Or am I being a flat earther and totally missing it when its in plain sight on the site?
Don't think you can no, but generally things are avaliable for much longer on itvplayer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.