Dogs

Old Jan 21st 2005, 5:53 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dogs

Hello everyone.
Seems the possibility of escaping the US is getting more realistic.....
Has anyone had any experience of moving dogs to the UK? I have 2 golden retreivers who will have to come with us. I have read the Defra site but am also interested in cost. Has anyone found a good deal on transporting them or has a rough idea how mush it could cost.
I called Virgin Atlantic and they said I would have to ship them out of Orlando, which is a pain as I live in Atlanta, and Delta dont ship pets internationally.
Thanks
Rob
Old Jan 21st 2005, 7:21 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Hello everyone.
Has anyone had any experience of moving dogs to the UK? I have 2 golden retreivers who will have to come with us. I have read the Defra site but am also interested in cost. Has anyone found a good deal on transporting them or has a rough idea how mush it could cost.
I called Virgin Atlantic and they said I would have to ship them out of Orlando, which is a pain as I live in Atlanta, and Delta dont ship pets internationally.
Thanks
Rob

Hi Triumphrob. I 'm so happy for you. Once you make up your mind it does seem a little bit like 'escaping' doesnt it?
I cant help on the cost of of transporting yet as I wont get that far for a few more months. But I have started the pet passport, and my two dogs have cost $25. a piece for rabies, $50. a piece for microchip, and $115. a piece for the blood test. At least I only have a two hour drive to Orlando from Jacksonville. When we went to Orlando a few years ago with the dogs we found a few motels that accept pets. Something you might want to think about coming from further away. Sanford is also an approved route. Its not far from Orlando but quieter. The problem there is you have to fly Brittania as Virgin only leaves from Orlando. I dont know much about them but have heard lots of good remarks about Virgin.
There have been others posters who have mentioned the flight costs but I cant recall them at the moment. I am sure you will start to get their responses soon though.
When are planning on leaving?
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 1:21 am
Banned

IN THE YEAR 2525 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone.
Thanks
Rob

The number to call for more info is 1-800-828- 6822.press prompt 5 when you hear the instruction.This is Virgin cargo in Orlando,it seems that they know what they are talking about.I spoke with them today.
They told me.
If you can get your dog in a 15 inch high box the cost is $225 + $125 [handeling]+150 pounds upon arrival at Gatwick.

19 inch high box is $420 + 125 +150 pounds in UK.
One dog per box.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 1:51 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone paste the link to approved routes from the USA to UK? I've searched the Defra and Quaff and USDA sites, and I just can't seem to find this information (I can find plenty of places that say you must transport your dog via an approved route - I just can't find the list of routes).

I know it must be somewhere, because every now and again someone posts a message stating a certain route (e.g., from Orlando) is approved.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember some small dogs in the actual seating area of the plane can anyone confirm that
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 3:13 am
Banned

IN THE YEAR 2525 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by psb182
I seem to remember some small dogs in the actual seating area of the plane can anyone confirm that

Not on international flights.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 1:17 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Can someone paste the link to approved routes from the USA to UK? I've searched the Defra and Quaff and USDA sites, and I just can't seem to find this information (I can find plenty of places that say you must transport your dog via an approved route - I just can't find the list of routes).

I know it must be somewhere, because every now and again someone posts a message stating a certain route (e.g., from Orlando) is approved.

Thanks in advance!
OK, no bother. I eventually found it by using "Search" (doh!). For those who may need it, the link is http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...s_longhaul.htm

I still say it's too difficult to find through any logical trek through their Web site (Defra's, that is).
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 11:19 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Dogs

For anyone resident in the US and intending to move their pets internationally, this site may be useful:

http://www.airanimal.com

PS: it also points out on the home page that your pet's moving expenses are tax deductible!
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 11:45 pm
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your help. Its exciting getting all my ducks in a row......
Rob
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for your help. Its exciting getting all my ducks in a row......
Rob
Hi Triumph. If you search on my name you may find a few posts on transporting your dogs to the UK. That's been my number one priority about moving so far.............I am just now thinking about packing and we hope to head out before June.

I don't know if Virgin mentioned it, but they will not ship pets from June thru September in Orlando. So plan accordingly.

We are in Atlanta too so I agree it's a pain to drive all the way to Orlando to fly out. At least my brother lives there, but since we will be selling our cars before we go we are going to have to rent a minvan to get the crate, the luggage and the dog to Orlando from Atlanta.

One thing you may want to consider is what Vet you use to get the proper paperwork. Not many in the Atlanta area are real familiar with it all and you are going to have to hold their hand. Also remember it takes 7 months from the time you start the process until you are able to ship your pets.

Cheers,

Leslie