Journey over. Sad story

Old Dec 31st 2004, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

betsyanddavid will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Journey over. Sad story

Well folks, I know I haven't been here for very long. I want to thank everyone for their help and support. I hope I was able to help some people in return. My fiance has decided that marriage to me is not what he wants. He will stay in England and try to piece his life back together there. We were halfway through the K1 visa process. I'm hurting very much at the moment. My heart is breaking. Thank you again for your support everyone, and I will make certain to refer people to this board if they have any immigration questions.

Betsy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice
Default Re: Journey over. Sad story

Originally Posted by betsyanddavid
Well folks, I know I haven't been here for very long. I want to thank everyone for their help and support. I hope I was able to help some people in return. My fiance has decided that marriage to me is not what he wants. He will stay in England and try to piece his life back together there. We were halfway through the K1 visa process. I'm hurting very much at the moment. My heart is breaking. Thank you again for your support everyone, and I will make certain to refer people to this board if they have any immigration questions.

Betsy
Betsy so sorry to hear that, maybe you guys will work things out.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

My fiance has decided that marriage to me is not what he wants.
There are many reasons why people choose not to follow through on promises made - for some, leaving everything that is familiar and comfortable is just too much! I deeply regret that this hasn't worked out for you.

Ian
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by broma25
Betsy so sorry to hear that, maybe you guys will work things out.

Broma, thank you for that. But I sincerely doubt that will happen. I did try, but he is not willing. He was very firm in his decision. I just have to live with that.

Betsy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:53 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Betsy
I feel for you, life is a journey, be happy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robskatie
I feel for you, life is a journey, be happy

Thank you. I can't be happy right now, but I will try and find my way.It will happen one day.

Betsy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:00 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I can't be happy right now, but I will try and find my way.It will happen one day.

Betsy
It will take time, I'm a firm believer in fate and maybe this happened to you for a reason, I know that doesn't help you feel any better now, do you have family close by?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Betsy
Remember Betsy time is a great healer, and then one day you will meet the right person.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Remember Betsy time is a great healer, and then one day you will meet the right person.

Broma: This man was and I believe still is my soulmate. Unfortunately he does not want to work on a relationship. I have to deal with this. It will be hard but I can do it.

robskatie: Yes my parents and brother live close by. I also have a 14 year old son. We are all just devastated at this sudden change of heart. At least it appears a change of heart. There were still many things not said, and I don't think we will ever know them all. Thank you for your kind words and support. It is greatly appreciated.

Betsy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Broma: This man was and I believe still is my soulmate. Unfortunately he does not want to work on a relationship. I have to deal with this. It will be hard but I can do it.

robskatie: Yes my parents and brother live close by. I also have a 14 year old son. We are all just devastated at this sudden change of heart. At least it appears a change of heart. There were still many things not said, and I don't think we will ever know them all. Thank you for your kind words and support. It is greatly appreciated.

Betsy
Is he worried about giving up his life in the UK? If you feel you are meant to be together have you thought about going to the UK?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Is he worried about giving up his life in the UK? If you feel you are meant to be together have you thought about going to the UK?

I have mentioned that more times than I can count when we started out. I would go there, if he couldn't come here. I would go anywhere to be with him. It's more than just where we live. I'm not sure what it is exactly, as he hasn't been very forthcoming. The things he mentioned are not insurmountable obstacles, but he doesn't want to work on them. There is nothing more to say about the relationship as I can't do it all myself. He doesn't want to work through this, so it's over. and my heart is breaking. I have to work through the pain, and move to some semblance of stability. I have offered, he refused. That's all I can do.

Betsy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:13 pm

Betsy
Stay close with your loved ones I'm sure they feel your pain as much as you, maybe he just needs some time to take everything in, moving to another country is very scary and we all have doubts now and them, are you still talking to each other?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Stay close with your loved ones I'm sure they feel your pain as much as you, maybe he just needs some time to take everything in, moving to another country is very scary and we all have doubts now and them, are you still talking to each other?

I spoke to him today for the first time since he returned to England on the 26th. He seems set on his decision, and I did say I wanted to maintain contact. I think if I do call him again, he would answer and speak to me. I just have to try not to call him often, as he wants that part of our relationship over. I hope we will be able to remain friends at least. He has been my best friend.

Betsy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:25 pm

I spoke to him today for the first time since he returned to England on the 26th. He seems set on his decision, and I did say I wanted to maintain contact. I think if I do call him again, he would answer and speak to me. I just have to try not to call him often, as he wants that part of our relationship over. I hope we will be able to remain friends at least. He has been my best friend.

Betsy
It's very hard to remain dignified while all you want to do is call every second of every day isn't it?!!!! As I said fate has a funny way of working, I hope for you that you can remain friends and move on with your life, take some time out and pamper yourself and try to move on, slowly but surely you will feel better.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

It's very hard to remain dignified while all you want to do is call every second of every day isn't it?!!!! As I said fate has a funny way of working, I hope for you that you can remain friends and move on with your life, take some time out and pamper yourself and try to move on, slowly but surely you will feel better.

I know it will take time. I appreciate the kind words here. I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey. I have to at least be glad that it happened now instead of after marriage. I just don't understand how you can stop loving someone. I don't think I will ever understand his reasons.

Betsy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.