Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

does anyone feel ashamed or feel like a traitor?

Wikiposts

does anyone feel ashamed or feel like a traitor?

Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: does anyone feel ashamed or feel like a traitor?

Originally Posted by Howard1944
CANADA.

You could drive to Argentina if you wanted, not out of touch with world, plugged right in.

East Coast, 5 hours from UK, still keep many Celtic Traditions and music long lost in the UK.

Victoria, B.C, is more England than England, including high Tea.

New England( easily driveable, couple of hours), New Scotland, New Brunswick, great deal of cultural familiarity.

Australia is O. K for many people, I found it too hot, too far away from everyone,and some of the habits, too out of touch with todays World., and the damn snakes and BUGS.

Not the U.K, Not the Excited States, somewhere in between.
I don’t find that with Canada, I find Canada promotes itself as the land paved with gold for newcomers when really its paved with razor blades and racism!!

Also Canada is trying so hard to be the UK that its kinda insulting! Everyone here claims to be british!! I don’t claim to be Canadian just cos I live here, but anyone in Canada that has set foot in England claims to be British! Canada is yet to find its Identity!

Canada and the US is in no way a substitute for blighty in my opinion.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:01 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Racism, I think you have us confused with the U.K., we have had no race riots here, unlike the U.K.

I, British by birth, Canadian by choice, as are my Parents, Dad a Veteran of Dunkirk, my ancestry is traced back to HENRY 11. so what is the big deal.??

You are very bitter, yet My Family, 9 kids from a council flat, all succeeded, all retired early, all have a net worth of over a million, not so had we stayed in the U.K. where your accent puts you into a Social Class.

Canada is not for everyone, but it is for those willing to work, to take training, to love a challenge rather than exist in a routine until they die.

The problem with the U.K. , it still thinks it is a super power, when it is actually yesterday's News.

Next Step, the Republic of Canada, keep your damn German monarchy.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:10 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Racism, I think you have us confused with the U.K., we have had no race riots here, unlike the U.K.

I, British by birth, Canadian by choice, as are my Parents, Dad a Veteran of Dunkirk, my ancestry is traced back to HENRY 11. so what is the big deal.??

You are very bitter, yet My Family, 9 kids from a council flat, all succeeded, all retired early, all have a net worth of over a million, not so had we stayed in the U.K. where your accent puts you into a Social Class.

Canada is not for everyone, but it is for those willing to work, to take training, to love a challenge rather than exist in a routine until they die.

The problem with the U.K. , it still thinks it is a super power, when it is actually yesterday's News.

errr are you moving back to the UK? i don't think so by the sounds of things so why come on here and stir sh*t for the peeps that are moving back
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
errr are you moving back to the UK? i don't think so by the sounds of things so why come on here and stir sh*t for the peeps that are moving back
If you ignore the small minded old git then he might just f**k off!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:14 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
let's hope so

canada is welcome to him
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:43 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone in Massatwosetts seems to be Irish...
I ask when they moved here to find out it was their great grandparents that made the move not them...
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:45 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
No...I don't think he is bright enough to get the hint...
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Howard you have been warned many, many times about coming into this forum solely for the intention of winding people up. Please stop or you will be taking an enforced break from BE.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:15 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

look at the responses, talk about a narrow minded bunch, all you want is for people to agree that because you can't hack it, it is not your fault.

You people don't want discussion, you just want a bunch of clucking hens.

Note, at no time did I use confrontational or objectionable language, so Moderator, quit with the threats and rein in those who are abusive.

Moderator is not spelled CENSOR.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

You are very bitter, yet My Family, 9 kids from a council flat, all succeeded, all retired early, all have a net worth of over a million, not so had we stayed in the U.K. .
But I presume you "council flat" kids received a British education/training/life skills that enabled you move out to Canada?
Without that you wouldnt have had the wherewithall to make your millions?

I actually think you are mad.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:32 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

look at the responses, talk about a narrow minded bunch, all you want is for people to agree that because you can't hack it, it is not your fault.

You people don't want discussion, you just want a bunch of clucking hens.

Note, at no time did I use confrontational or objectionable language, so Moderator, quit with the threats and rein in those who are abusive.

Moderator is not spelled CENSOR.
No one is "censoring" topics or posters, we have no problem with people having constructive discussions, but you don't appear to want to do that. Instead it seems that your only intent in posting in this forum is to upset people and wind them up.

Once more, this forum is for the discussion of issues relating to moving back to the UK. As evidenced by your posts, you have nothing useful to add to the discussions in this forum. So as you have not heeded the many warnings you have been given I have no other option but to temporarily disable your posting privileges. If you do not wish to make it a permanent restriction I suggest that on your return you do not post in the MBTTUK forum again.

Sue
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:49 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
But I presume you "council flat" kids received a British education/training/life skills that enabled you move out to Canada?
Without that you wouldnt have had the wherewithall to make your millions?

I actually think you are mad.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 10:40 pm
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

[and have similarly come to the opinion that for us at least Great Britain, is indeed a Great country. It's not Utopia, and it has it's faults, but it is 'Home'.

Britain is fine. It is not wrong to feel disallusioned or whatever it is that you feel and there is no doubt that a positive attraction back to the UK can be unarguable, irrational, massively powerful and everything opposite to those.

When you left the UK you either did have a goal or is was a whim - both perfectly good. If you did have a goal then it is time to work out if you still wish to pursue it. If you did not then you need to get your mind round what you want.

I don't agree with the comments that you should spk to your wife now - I think that you will be better coming with something a bit better than I want to go home. I know how irritated I get when my kids say that to me - and that's just after going to the park - let alone going abroad.

This is not rare as you have seen. It is not a faultless position to be in to the extent that you have made a mistake in going or in agreeing to go or not analysing the situation fully. But if you are better off in the UK then so be it - that is not a fault.

You are not a traitor but you should feel slightly ashamed!
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why on earth do any of you continue to reply to Howard? You know he only posts to wind up. Just completely ignore any posts and he'll have nothing to respond to. Get a grip people
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 9:42 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why on earth do any of you continue to reply to Howard? You know he only posts to wind up. Just completely ignore any posts and he'll have nothing to respond to. Get a grip people
You are very schoolmarmy today MP!

I agree, if you don't like what someone posts just ignore them.

Personally I have never had a problem with Howard as he does not even begin to reach the higher points of my BE tw*tometer....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.