Do I return?

Old Mar 4th 2018, 2:37 am
Just Joined

KJGlen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I return?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me their experiences about moving back to the UK (if you're single). I spent a lot of money, effort and energy gaining experience and qualifications that would allow me to leave the UK.

I currently live in Thailand and I am not particularly enjoying it anymore, it's not a place where I can settle (due to buying property, relationships etc) and been contemplating on whether to move back to the UK. If I moved back, I would essentially be starting from scratch, and this is true if I move to any other country but I left the UK for a reason.

Has anyone moved back, regretted it and moved back away? Just need some advice or other's stories?

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 4th 2018, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I return?

Not single, but left the UK and lived in Oz for 8 years. Returned to the UK in 2016. Arrived back with nothing. A couple of changes of clothes,Netherlands dog and his bed. Very happy.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Since you gained qualifications and experience to leave the UK are those same qualifications and experiences not now enhanced by your time working abroad?

My son returned to England last September after leaving here with us as a small child, and his qualifications and experience earned in the USA landed him a job in customer service. He is early 30s and single and reckons his experience working abroad helped him land the job.

His big advantage of course is that he has us and other family members in the area so has an instant social network.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 11:45 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJGlen
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me their experiences about moving back to the UK (if you're single). I spent a lot of money, effort and energy gaining experience and qualifications that would allow me to leave the UK.

I currently live in Thailand and I am not particularly enjoying it anymore, it's not a place where I can settle (due to buying property, relationships etc) and been contemplating on whether to move back to the UK. If I moved back, I would essentially be starting from scratch, and this is true if I move to any other country but I left the UK for a reason.

Has anyone moved back, regretted it and moved back away? Just need some advice or other's stories?

Thanks in advance
Depends upon the reason I suppose.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 4:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I was determined never to return but things happen. I came back and I am making the best off it. Being retired and out of the rat-race makes it easier.