Wikiposts

Different Words

Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different Words

Originally Posted by Bitzi
I own a very busy cafe and often work the register taking orders etc. Nearly every customer I speak to has some comment to make about my oh so adorable accent. "Oooh are you from Australia?" to which I either reply:
"No, are you?" and then they look confused like I am the mad one.

If I am feeling particularly nasty I say "have you ever seen that film Crocodile Dundee?" to which they enthusiastically coo "oh yes I love that movie" then I butt in and say "so my beautiful cut glass accent sounds just like Mick Dundee does it?

Then when I submit and reply England or London they say "oh whereabouts?"... like it makes any ****ing difference to them. So then I say sarcastically "Why?" and then then proceed to tell me about their hairstylist's brother's cousin's next door neighbour's best friend who once knew someone who lived in ****ing Harrow and do I know them? (apologies for incorrect use of apostrophies)...

And as I work in the food industry I have to say toe-may-doh and not tomato. Some of our food items come to $5.90 as in "five 9D" but when I say five 9T I get given 19c..... Oh and I have to say ba-naaaa-na in a nasaly way and not bar-nar-nar. So these delightful customers of mine say I should keep my adorable Australian accent but how ****ing can I when no-one ****ing understands me.

Anyway vent over, going back to silly words:
Line vs Queue
Can I have a lift (ride)
Pardon my reach (WTF) and the silliest one in the restaurant business is....... BUS BOY or BUS your own table you lazy mother****er.
Methinks you should never have moved out of your own little comfort zone.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
You've gotta drop you're pants to go poo. Just move over one.
True, but I still know that I would wind up falling in somehow as I hobble over with my pants around my ankles, and I personally don't think I could manage it w/out soaking myself or my clothing.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:17 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisag8070
The first time I ever saw one was when I was in hospital after having my DD...they told me to use it to help "clean and soothe" myself..

Yep, I was the pleb that was stood there for 10 minutes just looking at it thinking wtf..

finally someone came in and told me what to do..

(and I tell you what it was a ahhhhhh moment)..
An Italian nurse told me to pee in the bidet after giving birth with warm water running on me from the tap so that the urine wouldn't sting me... and to use a hairdryer afterwards.

It was one of the best after birth tips I ever got.

Would you believe my bidet here even has a directional nozzle on the mixer tap? When the kids were little and used to wash their hands in it, they and the bathroom often got a soaking when the water would shoot out straight at them because the nozzle wasn't pointing directly downwards.

My bidet made a nice swimming pool for little dolls when my daughter was small.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:37 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I own a very busy cafe and often work the register taking orders etc. Nearly every customer I speak to has some comment to make about my oh so adorable accent. "Oooh are you from Australia?" to which I either reply:
"No, are you?" and then they look confused like I am the mad one.

If I am feeling particularly nasty I say "have you ever seen that film Crocodile Dundee?" to which they enthusiastically coo "oh yes I love that movie" then I butt in and say "so my beautiful cut glass accent sounds just like Mick Dundee does it?

Then when I submit and reply England or London they say "oh whereabouts?"... like it makes any ****ing difference to them. So then I say sarcastically "Why?" and then then proceed to tell me about their hairstylist's brother's cousin's next door neighbour's best friend who once knew someone who lived in ****ing Harrow and do I know them? (apologies for incorrect use of apostrophies)...

And as I work in the food industry I have to say toe-may-doh and not tomato. Some of our food items come to $5.90 as in "five 9D" but when I say five 9T I get given 19c..... Oh and I have to say ba-naaaa-na in a nasaly way and not bar-nar-nar. So these delightful customers of mine say I should keep my adorable Australian accent but how ****ing can I when no-one ****ing understands me.

Anyway vent over, going back to silly words:
Line vs Queue
Can I have a lift (ride)
Pardon my reach (WTF) and the silliest one in the restaurant business is....... BUS BOY or BUS your own table you lazy mother****er.
You need a vacation. Seriously.

I know... you can't take one because (insert various excuses here).

Shut up.

Go somewhere before you hurt someone.

Last edited by another bloody yank; Jul 13th 2009 at 11:44 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:42 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You sit astride it or perch your butt on it depending on exactly what you want to wash.

I think they're jolly useful.
So you sit on there and water shoots you in the ass? And that's supposed to do the job? What kind of pressure are we talking here, drinking fountain or power washer?

I'm sceptical, at best. But I am a Missourian.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 12:50 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
An Italian nurse told me to pee in the bidet after giving birth with warm water running on me from the tap so that the urine wouldn't sting me... and to use a hairdryer afterwards.

It was one of the best after birth tips I ever got.

Would you believe my bidet here even has a directional nozzle on the mixer tap? When the kids were little and used to wash their hands in it, they and the bathroom often got a soaking when the water would shoot out straight at them because the nozzle wasn't pointing directly downwards.

My bidet made a nice swimming pool for little dolls when my daughter was small.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
You need a vacation. Seriously.

I know... you can't take one because (insert various excuses here).

Shut up.

Go somewhere before you hurt someone.

Is it ok to say "I love you"!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I have to say ba-naaaa-na in a nasaly way and not bar-nar-nar. So these delightful customers of mine say I should keep my adorable Australian accent but how ****ing can I when no-one ****ing understands me.
Last time I checked, there were not any "r's" in banana.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:23 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of pressure are we talking here, drinking fountain or power washer?
I'm thinkin' it depends on how heavy duty the job is.

and NO I ain't gonna show ya.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:27 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Last time I checked, there were not any "r's" in banana.
In "Witches Abroad" (I think) Nanny Ogg asks "How do you stop spelling Bananananananana?"
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:39 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Is it ok to say "I love you"!

I've worked customer service/retail, I know where she's coming from. When it gets that bad, you have to take a step back and breathe a little.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:41 am
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I'm thinkin' it depends on how heavy duty the job is.

and NO I ain't gonna show ya.
'Cause I got a power washer and a yard you can't see from the road.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

I've worked customer service/retail, I know where she's coming from. When it gets that bad, you have to take a step back and breathe a little.

Me too, and I have had customers that have said odd things about my accent, but I have never had a 'meltdown' over it.

I find it easier to just smile and nod
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:45 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

that sounds like some sort of a kinky code.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Try it and report back - graphically

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.