Different Words

Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different Words

I was out for lunch with some Americans and ordered a root beer, one of the women said, "Oh, I didn't think Australians liked root beer." British, Aus and SA accents do have that different intonation to the US accent.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:28 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I was out for lunch with some Americans and ordered a root beer, one of the women said, "Oh, I didn't think Australians liked root beer." British, Aus and SA accents do have that different intonation to the US accent.
I probably couldn't tell the difference between a Kiwi or someone from Oz, but I can differentiate the others. I think SA is an interesting blend,
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Ah, but money talks doesn't it?
And it has every accent!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:36 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
And it has every accent!
Yup,
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
The one thing that was not specified in this American layout and which threw the Italians was "THE BIDET".

They (Americans) needed to have the master bath - the family bathroom - the half bath and even a fully fitted utility room - but nowhere was a bidet ever mentioned.
I have never used a bidet in my life. I wouldn't even know how to properly use it. I've seen them in quite a few House Hunters International (a show here for people looking for homes outside the US) and I've wondered how you actually use it? Does it come with some pictures so you know how to get the right 'hover/squat' over it? Hmmm..I bet it would work great as a cooler - put some ice in it and some beer and the OH could got in there and grab one when he wants.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:40 pm
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I have never used a bidet in my life. I wouldn't even know how to properly use it. I've seen them in quite a few House Hunters International (a show here for people looking for homes outside the US) and I've wondered how you actually use it? Does it come with some pictures so you know how to get the right 'hover/squat' over it? Hmmm..I bet it would work great as a cooler - put some ice in it and some beer and the OH could got in there and grab one when he wants.
The first one I ever saw was in the bridal suite on my first wedding night. I must admit I was fascinated.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
The first one I ever saw was in the bridal suite on my first wedding night. I must admit I was fascinated.
I've seen them in hotels overseas but never had the guts or the know-how to use one!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

You sit astride it or perch your butt on it depending on exactly what you want to wash.

I think they're jolly useful.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You sit astride it or perch your butt on it depending on exactly what you want to wash.

I think they're jolly useful.
But then you still need to dry yourself off. Wouldn't you use TP for that? So if you are not saving any TP, what's the point? Unless you would drip dry!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

But then you still need to dry yourself off. Wouldn't you use TP for that? So if you are not saving any TP, what's the point? Unless you would drip dry!
You'd use a towel. I don't think they're really to save paper.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:58 pm
Sursum corda

I suppose a hair dryer is out of the question?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:16 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

The first time I ever saw one was when I was in hospital after having my DD...they told me to use it to help "clean and soothe" myself..

Yep, I was the pleb that was stood there for 10 minutes just looking at it thinking wtf..

finally someone came in and told me what to do..

(and I tell you what it was a ahhhhhh moment)..
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Notice the soap dish and Towel.
Attached Thumbnails Different Words-dsc_3080_rs.jpg  
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by surly
Notice the soap dish and Towel.
Well, as interesting as it sounds, I would never use a towel on my bum that somebody else has. There is no way that a bidet gets rid of all residue, and the thought of sharing 'residue' on a towel makes me cringe.

Besides, given my lack of balance & coordination, there is no way I'd be able to sit astride the thing while wearing jeans/pants without falling in somehow and managing to soak myself. I honestly don't see how someone wearing pants could straddle it w/out completely removing your pants from at least one leg, but what do I know since I'm an unenlightened American.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Jul 13th 2009 at 2:43 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as interesting as it sounds, I would never use a towel on my bum that somebody else has. There is no way that a bidet gets rid of all residue, and the thought of sharing 'residue' on a towel makes me cringe.

Besides, given my lack of balance & coordination, there is no way I'd be able to sit astride the thing while wearing jeans/pants without falling in somehow and managing to soak myself. I honestly don't see how someone wearing pants could straddle it w/out completely removing your pants from at least one leg, but what do I know since I'm an unenlightened American.
You've gotta drop you're pants to go poo. Just move over one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.