Different Words

Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different Words

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Of course not. It's the single most natural thing in the world. In fact, I'm adopting the practice as soon as I get home. We don't have a bidet due to some unfortunate and inexplicable oversight on our builder's part, but I reckon with a little effort I could utilize the Jaccuzzi tub as a reasonable facsimilie.
No, just put your butt as far as it will go in the toilet and flush. It will do most of what a bidet should do.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Floridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud ofFloridared has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bitzi
I own a very busy cafe and often work the register taking orders etc. Nearly every customer I speak to has some comment to make about my oh so adorable accent. "Oooh are you from Australia?" to which I either reply:
"No, are you?" and then they look confused like I am the mad one.

If I am feeling particularly nasty I say "have you ever seen that film Crocodile Dundee?" to which they enthusiastically coo "oh yes I love that movie" then I butt in and say "so my beautiful cut glass accent sounds just like Mick Dundee does it?

Then when I submit and reply England or London they say "oh whereabouts?"... like it makes any ****ing difference to them. So then I say sarcastically "Why?" and then then proceed to tell me about their hairstylist's brother's cousin's next door neighbour's best friend who once knew someone who lived in ****ing Harrow and do I know them? (apologies for incorrect use of apostrophies)...

And as I work in the food industry I have to say toe-may-doh and not tomato. Some of our food items come to $5.90 as in "five 9D" but when I say five 9T I get given 19c..... Oh and I have to say ba-naaaa-na in a nasaly way and not bar-nar-nar. So these delightful customers of mine say I should keep my adorable Australian accent but how ****ing can I when no-one ****ing understands me.

Anyway vent over, going back to silly words:
Line vs Queue
Can I have a lift (ride)
Pardon my reach (WTF) and the silliest one in the restaurant business is....... BUS BOY or BUS your own table you lazy mother****er.
I have a Restaurant too, and get asked the same Q's. Not a big deal really, and I guess we'd get things said about the way we talk if we were American in the UK!!
Old Jul 15th 2009, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Floridared
I have a Restaurant too, and get asked the same Q's. Not a big deal really, and I guess we'd get things said about the way we talk if we were American in the UK!!
It's only a big deal if you make a big deal of it.
We're the foreigners here anyway, not the other way round.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:32 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

'Cause I got a power washer and a yard you can't see from the road.
I think I caught you once on Google Maps, though. The satellite picture, that is, not the street view.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:47 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
I think I caught you once on Google Maps, though. The satellite picture, that is, not the street view.
I read something about the Santa Fe trail and ABY's neck of the woods.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:55 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ridski
Had to be maps, streetview doesn't know I exist.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 4:56 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I read something about the Santa Fe trail and ABY's neck of the woods.
Eh? What was it?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:36 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? What was it?
I think she's talking about your happy trail and something about having a hairy neck.

Edit: And/or wood.