Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Dickensian Christmas Trip back to UK update.

Dickensian Christmas Trip back to UK update.

Old Nov 20th 2009, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dickensian Christmas Trip back to UK update.

I know at least 3 people are dying for this thead to appear, mainly so they can point out I am wrong, however ...

Only 8 days till we leave, panic has begun and I am trying sleeping drugs on myself to deal with the 22 hours in hell I mean flight to get there

I am also disapponted UK is still 14 degrees, for heavens sake it must be minus 2 by now.

Off to buy some last minute odds and ends, stab proof vest, capsicum spray, stuffed koala keyrings and postcards of large houses with pools for relatives who think we live the dream.

Can anyone advise of the best fake tan? you know how it is, live in OZ the pom relatives expect you to at least be the colour of a bag of jaffas.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:24 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dickensian Christmas Trip back to UK update.

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I know at least 3 people are dying for this thead to appear, mainly so they can point out I am wrong, however ...

Only 8 days till we leave, panic has begun and I am trying sleeping drugs on myself to deal with the 22 hours in hell I mean flight to get there

I am also disapponted UK is still 14 degrees, for heavens sake it must be minus 2 by now.

Off to buy some last minute odds and ends, stab proof vest, capsicum spray, stuffed koala keyrings and postcards of large houses with pools for relatives who think we live the dream.

Can anyone advise of the best fake tan? you know how it is, live in OZ the pom relatives expect you to at least be the colour of a bag of jaffas.
The weather's great, getting a bit wet but at least the rain here doesn't burn holes in your skin
Old Nov 20th 2009, 9:23 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure where you are going to stay in UK, but we are taking hte kids to this in a couple of weeks time

http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/

Might be worth a visit especially if you have kids. There's even an outdoor ice rink
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:03 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

The West coast is suffering terrible floods with more heavy rain expected. Transport is badly affected. Don't use the fake tan it will be quickly washed off!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

I'm sure the frosts will be underway in the next few weeks. There is a definite shift towards Christmas in the last week or so. Got the envelope from the kids school for Christmas dinner this week, bargains everywhere - just bought 2 x 1L of baileys for £25. All the shops have lights up and the radio has started to play Christmas songs.
The weather has been incredibly warm (for Mid-Nov) but hey-ho it gives us something to chat about with the neighbours and its still dark by 4.30 ish.

Enjoy your trip
Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stormer999
The West coast is suffering terrible floods with more heavy rain expected. Transport is badly affected. Don't use the fake tan it will be quickly washed off!
Depends on which tan you buy...we are not all cheap

As for the floods, terrible yes, just like those bush fires you get in OZ. Can't escape unpredictable weather problems no matter where you live.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 6:40 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Depends on which tan you buy...we are not all cheap

As for the floods, terrible yes, just like those bush fires you get in OZ. Can't escape unpredictable weather problems no matter where you live.
And the Queensland floods IN SUMMER!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 7:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
And the Queensland floods IN SUMMER!
Last time we were in UK, York, they had floods, after queenslands summer rain we couldnt really see what the fuss was about
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Rodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to allRodfan is a name known to all

Lucky thing!! can I come?... will be stuck in dull, fly ridden, avocado munching aussie land for chrimbo
Old Nov 21st 2009, 5:08 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rodfan

Lucky thing!! can I come?... will be stuck in dull, fly ridden, avocado munching aussie land for chrimbo
If you don't like it then go back to the UK !
Old Nov 21st 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

sparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud ofsparkling_gal has much to be proud of

Last time we were in UK, York, they had floods, after queenslands summer rain we couldnt really see what the fuss was about
The floods here are really bad, so I hope you're not coming to the North West. It said on the news more rain in 24 hours than they've had in a thousand years. A policeman was killed while rescuing people, when the bridge he was standing on collapsed.

The most realistic fake tan I have tried is the Lancome mousse one.
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:05 am
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, those floods are awful. I think we have to brace for weather chaos wherever in the world we live.

I thought you might like a picture of a pub all ready for the celebrations. It's the 18th century Wyckham Arms in Winchester.

Bev
Attached Thumbnails Dickensian Christmas Trip back to UK update.-wyckhambar.jpg  
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

lol, don't forget that we have Skippy's and Koalas in our back gardens.....it's getting hot again in Perth...after a suprising cool week which was lovely...walked out of our local shopping centre (very exciting...not) and outside it was very cool, very,very windy and started to rain like it only can here in W.A....heavily...and you know what I loved it...all of a sudden what little Christmas atmosphere is here in Perth..it just seemed that little bit more Christmassy....roll on the cold (even wet) dark nights when we are back home..my oh has said never again is he going to have a summer Christmas..nothing for us beats a cold Northern Hemisphere Christmas....
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:33 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

St Tropez everyday tan is good doesn't streak much

Carol
Old Nov 21st 2009, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BAY
If you don't like it then go back to the UK !

Hold the thread were not supposed to get those sort of comments till around page 11, somewhere about the time I have been in UK for 2 weeks, have finally surfaced from shopping and dared to post about cheap UK groceries in the OZ forum

Fake tan needs some refinement, tried several of the products mentioned and now have limbs in various shades of tan, peach, orange and a not so organic olive brown.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.