Defra/Pets

Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

jezebel has a brilliant futurejezebel has a brilliant futurejezebel has a brilliant futurejezebel has a brilliant futurejezebel has a brilliant futurejezebel has a brilliant futurejezebel has a brilliant future
Default Re: Defra/Pets

When we were in NY at the vets to administer the tick/tapeworm treatment, the vet took it upon herself to call export of animals department or something (!) to check we had everything we needed (trust me we had EVERYTHING we needed to get those pussies back to England, short of a private jet !). Some guy on the end of the phone told her she had to fill out an export certificate, I told her we didn't need it, DEFRA never mentioned it, but she put the fear of god into me so we succumbed and parted with yet more money ($95) .
Well we get to the check-in of Cunard and out comes the Chief Purser to go through our paperwork, everything fine, no problems. I thrust this $95 certificate at him and he looks blankly at me and says " ummm lots of people show me that but I have no idea why you have it because you don't need it !" . What a con.......asked Defra when we arrived and they said the same. Its to do with export/import of animals for resale.......believe me you definately do not need this export certificate coming from USA to UK.