Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Day 2 arrival test question

Day 2 arrival test question

Old Nov 24th 2021, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

AmazingBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Day 2 arrival test question

I’m not sure if this belongs here but any advice would be appreciated.

My gf is coming to visit the UK and needs a Day 2 test for arrival. Does anyone have any recommendations? Mine was £89 which is kinda egregious. If you could provide links to your recommended places, that would be appreciated as well.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 5:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day 2 arrival test question

Originally Posted by AmazingBlue

My gf is coming to visit the UK and needs a Day 2 test for arrival. Does anyone have any recommendations? Mine was £89 which is kinda egregious. If you could provide links to your recommended places, that would be appreciated as well.
Is she fully vaccinated? And which country is she coming from and going to (England/Wales/Scotland etc?). Different rules will apply depending on those things, and price will depend on if she needs a PCR or just antigen test.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Is she fully vaccinated? And which country is she coming from and going to (England/Wales/Scotland etc?). Different rules will apply depending on those things, and price will depend on if she needs a PCR or just antigen test.

She’s vaccinated and from Canada.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 6:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

She’s vaccinated and from Canada.
OK, so she can just do a much cheaper lateral flow (antigen) test then, rather than the more expensive PCR.

I've used Qured (£22), as they had good reviews. Haven't actually done the test yet, but they are good so far. There are cheaper providers out there, but I wasn't sure how reliable they might be.

HTH.
Old Nov 25th 2021, 2:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Which airport and terminal is she flying into?
Old Nov 26th 2021, 8:36 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I used Boots. I flew in Thursday and did my lateral flow last night, uploaded it to the official website. It was very easy.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Which airport and terminal is she flying into?
Heathrow Terminal 2.
Old Nov 26th 2021, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I used Boots. I flew in Thursday and did my lateral flow last night, uploaded it to the official website. It was very easy.
How much was the Boots test?
Old Nov 26th 2021, 10:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

How much was the Boots test?
A quick Google shows it's £19.99. https://www.boots.com/services/covid...vid-19-testing
Old Nov 26th 2021, 11:20 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Heathrow Terminal 2.
In that case I can recommend ExpressTest who have a testing centre at LHR T2 Arrivals. £35 so a little more expensive than the home kits but personally I felt worth it for the convenience as you can test and forget as soon as you arrive with your results emailed to you forty minutes later.

https://www.expresstest.co.uk/
Old Dec 11th 2021, 12:47 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I can recommend ExpressTest who have a testing centre at LHR T2 Arrivals. £35 so a little more expensive than the home kits but personally I felt worth it for the convenience as you can test and forget as soon as you arrive with your results emailed to you forty minutes later.

Hi BiP
so coming fully vaccinated from the USA. I can take my test at LHR Terminal 5 when I arrive? "On or before day 2" right?
TIA
Old Dec 11th 2021, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Hi BiP
so coming fully vaccinated from the USA. I can take my test at LHR Terminal 5 when I arrive? "On or before day 2" right?
TIA
Yes, you can have it done as soon as you pass through customs. I’ve done it twice now; far more convenient than messing around with home kits.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 2:50 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

It's UKP69 at terminal 5 lhr..... and that's for vaccinated coming from non-red list country. I've booked it just because , like BiP the convenience of getting it done and over with is worth it to me.
Let's just hope that the covid regulations don't change before next Sunday
Old Dec 12th 2021, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
It's UKP69 at terminal 5 lhr..... and that's for vaccinated coming from non-red list country. I've booked it just because , like BiP the convenience of getting it done and over with is worth it to me.
Let's just hope that the covid regulations don't change before next Sunday
It was £35 for an lateral flow test when they were still considered adequate but you’re right that it’s £69 for the PCR test you’ll need now.

The government has hinted that the travel rules will be relaxed shortly but we’ll need to see whether means cheaper tests.
Old Dec 12th 2021, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

AnotherDaveB is an unknown quantity at this point

In that case I can recommend ExpressTest who have a testing centre at LHR T2 Arrivals.
Do they pre-supply the reference number needed to fill in the Passenger Locator Form that must be filled out before departure/arrival? I presume they must, but I can't see anything to that effect on their website.
(Just asking for future reference. I have an at-home kit for tomorrow's trip)

Last edited by AnotherDaveB; Dec 12th 2021 at 11:24 pm. Reason: Clarity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.