Reload this Page >

Covid-19 vaccine certificates for the arrival to the UK

Covid-19 vaccine certificates for the arrival to the UK

Old Aug 24th 2022, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid-19 vaccine certificates for the arrival to the UK

Hi -

I have a Covid vaccination question to those who recently relocated to the UK.

I can see that there is no requirement to do any tests, undergo any quarantine or show any vaccination certificates upon the arrival to the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...virus-covid-19We are planning to head to the UK in November as my husband got his spouse visa.

Are vaccination certificates (WHO approved vaccines from outside the UK) required anywhere at all in the UK - e.g. for NHS registration?

Do we need to have a booster in addition to two main shots ?

Thanks in advance for clarifying ,
Old Aug 25th 2022, 1:12 am
Just Joined

GyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid-19 vaccine certificates for the arrival to the UK

Hi Katerina1,
I still haven't managed to move back to the UK (I live in Germany), but I regularly go there for work. It's as if COVID never happened. I haven't needed my vaccination certificates for anything yet. I (thankfully) haven't been to a hospital yet, but I could register with a local surgery without showing anything. The only time I've needed certificates is to fly. Good luck for November!
GM
Old Aug 25th 2022, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify, you don't need vaccination certificates to register with a GP but they may well ask you for proof of address.

You aren't near me GyroMagician, by any chance? I'm a few minutes from the border, in Strasbourg.
Old Aug 25th 2022, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Katerina1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your answers , very helpful !
Old Aug 25th 2022, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

GyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond reputeGyroMagician has a reputation beyond repute

I managed to convince the surgery to add me to there books based on my working in the UK every second week, on the promise that I would be living there soon. They actually took my hotel address! And, no, no-one asked about Covid shots, AFAIR.

@Helen, yes, I'm a little way up the road from you. For the next couple of weeks at least, we're getting closer to the big move back...