Count down to UK

Old May 10th 2004, 3:15 am
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Count down to UK

2 weeks today and ill be in the whitsundays...

all my furniture has been sold and im now left with my beanbags that i started with 4 years ago! most of my packing has been done and they are getting collected this friday 14th when i move out of flat...

i finish work on 21st may and fly out and do my tour of australia before landing in perth on 10th june where i stay for 2 weeks...

ive been through all the emotions of going home and its not been easy but im happy to say that im sooo excited and cant believe its taken me sooo long to make the decision to go back... i feel like my life is back on track and im in control again....

for anyone reading this that are thinking of coming to oz - without repeating whats on these forums time after time i think its fairly common sense to fall a few basic rules.....firstly dont sell your house until youve tried it in oz for a couple of years... being here for 5 months and raving about it is simply not realistic... and secondly dont come here thinking the oz lifestyle is better than UK - quite simply its not.. you may prefer to live over here for a vairety of reasons but this'oz is going to have better healthcare, education,lifestyle' is unrealistic....

ive enjoyed my adventure here but i could never settle here... i cant tell you happy and excited i am to be on the countdown back to UK....
Old May 10th 2004, 3:28 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Count down to UK

Originally posted by jat
2 weeks today and ill be in the whitsundays...

all my furniture has been sold and im now left with my beanbags that i started with 4 years ago! most of my packing has been done and they are getting collected this friday 14th when i move out of flat...

i finish work on 21st may and fly out and do my tour of australia before landing in perth on 10th june where i stay for 2 weeks...

ive been through all the emotions of going home and its not been easy but im happy to say that im sooo excited and cant believe its taken me sooo long to make the decision to go back... i feel like my life is back on track and im in control again....

for anyone reading this that are thinking of coming to oz - without repeating whats on these forums time after time i think its fairly common sense to fall a few basic rules.....firstly dont sell your house until youve tried it in oz for a couple of years... being here for 5 months and raving about it is simply not realistic... and secondly dont come here thinking the oz lifestyle is better than UK - quite simply its not.. you may prefer to live over here for a vairety of reasons but this'oz is going to have better healthcare, education,lifestyle' is unrealistic....

ive enjoyed my adventure here but i could never settle here... i cant tell you happy and excited i am to be on the countdown back to UK....
Hello buddy

Nice post Jat..I'm excited for you how sad is that !!
Good advice for those wishing a "new life" here in OZ..all the wannbe's.

I'm happy your have had a good adventure..now onto a another one eh!!!

Chat soon will email you this week ok..

Bye

Pants x
Old May 10th 2004, 7:10 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that you are going back home. You dont realise what you have had until you leave it. But at last you have had the balls to try somethink new. Loads of people say they would like to try living in Oz, but when it comes down to it, how many would actually go. Well done you for giving it a go. What are youre reasons for returning home. Enjoy a decent bacon sarnie for me!!!!!Good luck with whatever you do.
Old May 10th 2004, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

oh Jat, what an adventure. Have fun in the Whitsundays. Are you on a sailing cruise? Hope you enjoy the rest of your hols too...then you can holiday some more in the UK/Europe/NY when you get back into the northern hemisphere!

You're not leaving your beanbags behind are you?? They've been your trusty friends for 5 years and you're subjecting them to a life in Oz?

Take care, speak soon
HP
Old May 10th 2004, 9:10 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jat

I remember those feelings so well. I was excited about the move TO OZ but I ached for the day when i moved BACK TO UK.

I also had the feeling of regaining control of my life and I have absolutely no regrets about coming back.

I am glad you have enjoyed your adventure. have a safe journey home
Old May 10th 2004, 10:53 pm
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks everyone for your thoughts...

robertd - i came over 5 years ago on WHV - i had just left an year relationship and had always wanted to live overseas... ive had good times and bad times here - i pretty much came over on my own and although i have built a life here and have very good friends, job etc it was never going to be home....
its tooo isolated, not enough opportuniteis, too expensive and you cant travel - and also i miss the 'banter' and british sense of humour.... also feel like in the 1950's - particulary as a women - !

hidden paw - can you believe it! my nerves have passed and i feel so much in control than ever.. i start in the whitsundays on a 3 night sailing thingy.. then off to broome for 3 nights then kimberelys tour - then to alice for uluru etc then to perth for 2 weeks to stay with friends - then to dubai for 5 nights....
my beanbags and all my bits and pieces have found a good home a friend of mine is moving into her new apartment on friday - the same day i move out - so shes bought my fridge and washing machine and taking all my bits and pieces too! worked out grand!

jirrupin - i feel the same way you did - in control and excited about the future..... i just cant wait to get on that plane on 24th may! get home on 2nd july with a wedding to go to on the 3rd!