Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

OZ to the UK... Our big adventure.

OZ to the UK... Our big adventure.

Old May 9th 2004, 9:46 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default OZ to the UK... Our big adventure.

Just thought I would share our big adventure with you.....

We leave Perth on Wednesday 26th May at 12 noon. We are travelling to Adelaide via 'The Indian Pacific' train. We don't arrive in Adelaide until Friday 28th May at 7.30am but what an experience!

We stay in Adelaide for 3 days then fly to Sydney on Monday 31st May. We spend 4 nights in Sydney then fly to Vancouver. We are staying there for 6 days (in which time we hope to visit Whistler Ski resort and drive to Seattle, with a visit to Jimi Hendrixs grave, hubby a big fan ).

We then fly to Frankfurt with a 6 hour wait until our connecting flight to Birmingham.

We wanted to see another part of the world on our return and didn't fancy Asia again. I scoured the internet sites until I found these flights.

The one way fare from Sydney to Birmingham cost $1437 (+taxes) for adults and $1078 (+taxes) for a child

The train tickets cost $150 for each adult (one way) and $137 for the child fare. The normal adult fare is around $350 but we joined the YHA for $30 each and got the discounted fare!!!!!

We have had to pay for accomodation but feel this is a once in a life time trip so it's worth it.

We were quoted $1400 for a one way ticket with Emirates/Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines and Malasian for $1300.

Old May 9th 2004, 9:56 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

It all sounds fantastic Janeray,

And if you are anything like me you won't spend a moment looking back through the rear view mirror at Perth and your experience of travel will confirm that living in isolation in Perth is so restrictive.

You must be sooooo excited.

I have not regreted for one millisecond coming back. Even when the weather is wintry and grey like this weekend, its great to think of curling up with the sunday papers and a decent bacon sandwich.

Have a fabulous trip and I will keep a lookout for your posts when you get back to UK.

Donna
Old May 9th 2004, 9:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeez rip off oz air fares or what. I would love to go skiing in whistler.
Old May 9th 2004, 10:07 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by bondipom
Jeez rip off oz air fares or what. I would love to go skiing in whistler.
It is a rip off isn't it when you're trying to find cheaper airfares!!! I looked at loads of sites. Because we are heading back in peak it's a bit more.

When we came out here on a one way ticket it cost us 350 pounds each with Singapore airlines! Our trip home is costing 600 pounds!!!!!!!!!! No such thing as cheap flights from Australia
Old May 9th 2004, 1:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great Janey!!!
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Our container is being packed on the 26 may!! Two weeks!!!! (not leaving till the 14th July though)

Donna, glad you're so happy to be back in the UK!!!!

Shame I missed meeting you all though
Old May 9th 2004, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

kath29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Janey I have been following your posts over the last few weeks and will be interested to see how you find England when you get back. Please keep posting.
Old May 10th 2004, 2:02 am
home again, home again

Originally posted by kath29
Janey I have been following your posts over the last few weeks and will be interested to see how you find England when you get back. Please keep posting.
My sister has a computer so I will give you all an update as soon as I can!!
Old May 11th 2004, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Wow - what a trip Janey. Have the most fantastic time. Have a
"Sainsburys ready meal" for me when you get back!!!