Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

could be spending xmas in scotland

could be spending xmas in scotland

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:11 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default could be spending xmas in scotland

Unfortunately under hellish circumstances, by bros phoned , my 80 year old, very frail mother has broke her hip, getting operated on Monday

Doctor told him, its a case of damned if they do, damned if they dont
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:19 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: could be spending xmas in scotland

I am very sorry to hear that. Best wishes to her.
Sad to have to go back this time of year under those circumstances.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear that Margaret. Best wishes to your Mother, fingers crossed for you.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Margaret sorry to hear that - well, not sorry that you may be home for Christmas but very very sorry that your mum is not well and will be struggling. I really think the person who said "growing old is not for pussies" is spot on the money. {{{hugs}}}
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
Unfortunately under hellish circumstances, by bros phoned , my 80 year old, very frail mother has broke her hip, getting operated on Monday

Wishing you all the best Mags and hope your Mum pulls through.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:23 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear you are going home under these circumstances. I'm sure your mum will be over the moon to see you.

This may be the last thing on your mind, but are you enquiring about a compassionate fare? These are reduced fares that are most often given in cases of bereavements, but I think other close family emergencies are also sometimes considered. There have been a few threads on this over the years but here's one from Englishmum, who knows about these things - she's an expert on the airlines: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...reavement+fare
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 3:09 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Thats sad to hear. I hope she recovers from a replacement quickly.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your mother Margaret. She will definitely be happy to see you, though. Let us know how things get on.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to hear about your mum Mags, I think you should go and be with her, and if you go by yourself it's not such a financial hit.

If you can leave this week flights are not too bad BA has Mel-Gla return for $2838 inc taxes.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

thanks all for the thoughtful replies.

Thanks for the info dunroving , will look into it.

am waiting a week or so to hear how the op went, my bros said he would rather i did this as he thinks it would be of more help to him and mum, to see how things are going to stand in the long term.

Poor old soul, she's very frail (about six stone), but done really well all these years, was still living a fairly independent life in her own home, going to chuch and a little social club every week
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks all for the thoughtful replies.

Thanks for the info dunroving , will look into it.

am waiting a week or so to hear how the op went, my bros said he would rather i did this as he thinks it would be of more help to him and mum, to see how things are going to stand in the long term.

Poor old soul, she's very frail (about six stone), but done really well all these years, was still living a fairly independent life in her own home, going to chuch and a little social club every week
now's that chance for your one way ticket
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TruBrit
now's that chance for your one way ticket
trubrit am shocked at you (yes it has crossed my mind)
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

trubrit am shocked at you (yes it has crossed my mind)
good on you gal

all good wishes to your mum for her op and recuperation.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

No wish to be disrespectful but it would give you a chance to research a possible return to Scotland

I hope your mum is ok and that you find a way out of Australia
Old Nov 24th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Very best wishes Margaret, for a good recovery for your mum. Must be a worrying time for you, but you do know that she has good support, which is something. When you get to go home, I'm sure it will be under better circumstances

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.