Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Cor...green eyed monsters out!!!

Cor...green eyed monsters out!!!

Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:49 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cor...green eyed monsters out!!!

[QUOTE=mandtooz;4969405]hey the green eyed monsters coming out in me now!

best of luck, will look out for your update! where you heading?

Heading back home to Derbyshire and I can not wait and the best of it is we have done it all with out any family knowing!!!!! hehe cant wait to knock on a few doors. Your time will soon be here, be patient as the last week is mad and sad at the same time having to say bye to all new friends

[QUOTE=birdynumnum;4969406]OMG Libby
Monday - thats flown by. You must be so excited.
Have a wonderful time being back.
So pleased for you
Tanya
xxx

Thankyou Tanya, its gone so quick. Soooooo excited believe me as I said to mandtooz.

Not long now for you too.

LibbyX
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:51 am
Just Joined

sydneys1der is an unknown quantity at this point

Gee, you'd think there was something wrong with Perth. Perth is admittedly quite an unusual choice for a first-timer to Australia. May I ask why you didn't choose NSW or Vic as a better first-time option. Cheaper real estate etc over here, more jobs. Wouldn't it have made sense to check Oz out first before moving? However, to say there's nothing to do near Perth is quite funny. WA is the size of India, you need years to explore it. How many of you have been up to the Kimberley, for example? What about some of the world's best vineyards in the south west - it's a few hours drive. I mean, sure, it's possible to make a mistake and regret it, but I nearly topped myself reading this. I had the misfortune of a business trip to Manchester 2 weeks ago - the whole country has gone to sh!#. There were 6 fatal stabbings in the UK this weekend - mostly in the smaller towns, not inner-city.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sydneys1der
Gee, you'd think there was something wrong with Perth. Perth is admittedly quite an unusual choice for a first-timer to Australia. May I ask why you didn't choose NSW or Vic as a better first-time option. Cheaper real estate etc over here, more jobs. Wouldn't it have made sense to check Oz out first before moving? However, to say there's nothing to do near Perth is quite funny. WA is the size of India, you need years to explore it. How many of you have been up to the Kimberley, for example? What about some of the world's best vineyards in the south west - it's a few hours drive. I mean, sure, it's possible to make a mistake and regret it, but I nearly topped myself reading this. I had the misfortune of a business trip to Manchester 2 weeks ago - the whole country has gone to sh!#. There were 6 fatal stabbings in the UK this weekend - mostly in the smaller towns, not inner-city.
We chose Perth because there is nowhere better for work for us. The UK hasn't gone to sh*t, I don't want to live there but for a lot of people they are prepared to live there warts and all.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:55 am
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=LIBBY;4969419][QUOTE=mandtooz;4969405]hey the green eyed monsters coming out in me now!

Heading back home to Derbyshire and I can not wait and the best of it is we have done it all with out any family knowing!!!!! hehe cant wait to knock on a few doors. Your time will soon be here, be patient as the last week is mad and sad at the same time having to say bye to all new friends

oh wow!!!! what a great idea, we are heading back rural shropshire, cant wait either, although yes like you i will miss lots of friends.................. we seem to have a tighter bond, i think its cause we all have no family here, so seem to depeend more on each other??
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

70 odd million people cant all be wrong can they??
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=mandtooz;4969430][QUOTE=LIBBY;4969419]
Originally Posted by mandtooz
hey the green eyed monsters coming out in me now!

oh wow!!!! what a great idea, we are heading back rural shropshire, cant wait either, although yes like you i will miss lots of friends.................. we seem to have a tighter bond, i think its cause we all have no family here, so seem to depeend more on each other??
Definatly can relate to that, no family here at all so friends become really important and I will miss them all so much.

LibbyX
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you returning to Uk, crickey time is passing by very quickly wish we could sell the house I know I cant go just yet but wish it was ME!!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Like I said in my reply to some other person The Doom and Gloom Room thing comes from quite some time ago when a few members of the MBttUK 'gang' kept calling all us pro Australia people Godzoners. No offence meant to individuals though (well maybe a couple )
Hi NB

Saw ur reply post after I'd posted mine (if that makes sense)
I think its quite funny the us v them lark myself
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
Good luck to you returning to Uk, crickey time is passing by very quickly wish we could sell the house I know I cant go just yet but wish it was ME!!!!!

I really feel for you. Someone will come a long soon I hope and fall in love with it.

You sound so sad, wish I could help you.

Sending a big hug ((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))) )))))

LibbyX
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:23 am
Just Joined

sydneys1der is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LIBBY
70 odd million people cant all be wrong can they??
Well, it's relative, of the 60-or so million in the UK, an increasing number are third world immigrants escaping poverty, so economically it's an opportunity for them. It's hardly a lifestyle choice from Afghanistan to UK is it now? Take out the economic migrants from the equation and Britain has a net emigration rate. Given that there's a fast emerging significant minority among Briish people that can only really be classified as, well, chavscum, and recognising that they are curled up with a crackpipe and not actively pursuing emigation options, then I think your hypothesis is flawed. I don't think they are exercising a choice therefore they cannot be right or wrong.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:25 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's relative, of the 60-or so million in the UK, an increasing number are third world immigrants escaping poverty, so economically it's an opportunity for them. It's hardly a lifestyle choice from Afghanistan to UK is it now? Take out the economic migrants from the equation and Britain has a net emigration rate. Given that there's a fast emerging significant minority among Briish people that can only really be classified as, well, chavscum, and recognising that they are curled up with a crackpipe and not actively pursuing emigation options, then I think your hypothesis is flawed. I don't think they are exercising a choice therefore they cannot be right or wrong.
Whereabouts in Sydney are you?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Not long now for you too.

LibbyX
I know. I cant quite believe it as I havent booked the flight yet due to waiting for the passport, but soooooo excited knowing it wont be long.
xx
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh my, a bit deep for me at this time of day......all I know is my family loves the country it was born and bred in and that will do me nicely.....thankyou!

LibbyX

Last edited by LIBBY; Jun 26th 2007 at 5:35 am.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Whereabouts in Sydney are you?
Are you going to go n sort them out missus
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
I know. I cant quite believe it as I havent booked the flight yet due to waiting for the passport, but soooooo excited knowing it wont be long.
xx

Just a small tip....we went to Harvey world travel expecting a huge amount for flights and they actually saved us a couple of grand nearly.

We are flying with EVA Air, putting us in a hotel free of charge (looked on the internet and looks lovely) staying at Taiwan airport then on to heathrow. Cost us $4500 for 4 of us and the planes have wings too!! hehe

LibbyX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.