Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

container from Brisbane to UK

container from Brisbane to UK

Old Apr 1st 2015, 8:35 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light
Default container from Brisbane to UK

Hi sorry to ask this question again as im sure its been asked many times before.
Can anyone tell me what price they paid for either a 20ft container or a 40ft container from oz to uk, the reason i ask is i have enough to fill a 40ft but they cant drop a 40ft at my house as not enough space but if they drop a 20ft then i can fill it and then it can be lifted or has anyone had all their items placed into a container by the movers
i have a seadoo rxpx jetski that i will be moving back to uk if i cant sell it here so i wanted to place that in a container if its not sold just trying to think of best option to ship items back to uk
any help is appreciated
im looking to move back in a couple of months
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: container from Brisbane to UK

Hi,

We decided on a 20ft container in the end and sell most of the "big stuff" as we were not sure of the size of property we would be renting when we arrived back in the UK or even if when we finally bought a home if our items would "fit", I either gave away a lot to friends and charity and sold all our other items on Gumtree, our car, dining table, garden furniture, we used Chess and in 2010 it cost just over $2300. Good luck ps we picked 3 companies for a quote and Chess was the middle price but we liked the sound of the company and a friend had used them a few months prior for their return home.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:11 am
Living our life wherever

Location: came back to oz after moving back to uk but not settled here so uk here i come, last time im moving
Trevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of lightTrevski is a glorious beacon of light

Hi that sounds a fair price but im having some quotes in the $6k for a sole use 20ft container door to door,
is that chess moving u used
thxs
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

We are using the same company we moved out here with.

Their quote is around $8000
Old Apr 5th 2015, 9:15 am
Living our life wherever

Originally Posted by Grayling
We are using the same company we moved out here with.

Their quote is around $8000
omg is that a 20ft thats exspensive
Old Apr 5th 2015, 10:16 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevski
omg is that a 20ft thats exspensive
Yep.....20 ft. Container.

That seems to be about the going rate.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes its was Chess door to door with unpacking services in the UK but it was in 2010 and from Perth the guys said they were busier than ever and that management were considering a rise in charges due to the demand!!!!!!!!!!! If I were you and could afford to buy in the UK for 8000 you could referb to an excellent qualitythe essentials, ie seating, beds, TV's and just send over your "special" items. Good luck
Old Apr 8th 2015, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

We moved from the Sunshine Coast to London in July 2014 and I posted details of my shipping experience in this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/movin...lia-uk-834927/

We used Chess and were very happy with their service and will be obtaining a quote from them for a part container when my first born joins us in London later this year.

Best of luck with your move.