Shipping: Australia to UK

Old May 27th 2014, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold
Default Shipping: Australia to UK

We have decided to return to the UK so my thoughts have turned to shipping. When we moved here 8 years ago we used Anglo Pacific, who have had mixed reviews on BE, but we had no problems with them. However, I was wondering whether anyone who has recently shipped their treasured possessions from Australia to the UK has any recommendations as to which companies to use or avoid.

At the moment I'm desperately shedding and shredding in an effort to reduce the amount of stuff we have, but I need to get quotes soon so any recommendations would be gratefully received.
Old May 27th 2014, 8:35 am
Ready to go home!!!

Ginger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Shipping: Australia to UK

Hi,

We too have been here 8 years and are returning to the UK in 2 weeks!!!! We used Overseas Shippers and Packers based in Brisbane. We only shipped a small amount (6.5 cubic metres) so no furniture, but that cost $2059 for door to door service including packing and unpacking. Our stuff has not left Oz soil yet so can't comment on how the company is overall, but so far, so good.

We got a few quotes and the company we used were by far the cheapest.

Ginger
Old May 27th 2014, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ginger1002
Hi,

We too have been here 8 years and are returning to the UK in 2 weeks!!!! We used Overseas Shippers and Packers based in Brisbane. We only shipped a small amount (6.5 cubic metres) so no furniture, but that cost $2059 for door to door service including packing and unpacking. Our stuff has not left Oz soil yet so can't comment on how the company is overall, but so far, so good.

We got a few quotes and the company we used were by far the cheapest.

Ginger
Thanks - I'll make sure they're on my list.

What a coincidence that you're going back after 8 years too. Not quite a 7 year itch, but I'm certainly ready to go home.
Old May 27th 2014, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Famous 5
We have decided to return to the UK so my thoughts have turned to shipping. When we moved here 8 years ago we used Anglo Pacific, who have had mixed reviews on BE, but we had no problems with them. However, I was wondering whether anyone who has recently shipped their treasured possessions from Australia to the UK has any recommendations as to which companies to use or avoid.

At the moment I'm desperately shedding and shredding in an effort to reduce the amount of stuff we have, but I need to get quotes soon so any recommendations would be gratefully received.
Hi,

We moved 4 years ago now from Perth, Aus. We had 3 quotes (all were much more expensive than I thought they would be) I asked around to see which firm had the best reviews and then I "haggled" a price which ended up being very good indeed. We used Chess in the end, very nice friendly "packers" at each end which made the move a bit easier lol. Your doing the correct thing by making sure your bringing back items that you really need and want, we did the same. Good luck with the move
Old May 27th 2014, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi,

We moved 4 years ago now from Perth, Aus. We had 3 quotes (all were much more expensive than I thought they would be) I asked around to see which firm had the best reviews and then I "haggled" a price which ended up being very good indeed. We used Chess in the end, very nice friendly "packers" at each end which made the move a bit easier lol. Your doing the correct thing by making sure your bringing back items that you really need and want, we did the same. Good luck with the move
Thanks, I'll add them to my list and I'll remember to haggle!
Old May 28th 2014, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

We used Grace for a few boxes and I'd be trying someone different the next time! 3 boxes - nearly 6 months? Nah!
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

We moved the end of Jan and i stuff arrives today 1/2 a container with Kent cost just over 5k. Chess didnt want to give us a quote to busy and Wridgeways were about the same when they finally got there. they were not very professional.

If your shipping animals go to dogtainers they were great from start to finish
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 8:46 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

I can give you an idea for a 40ft container for about 45cu/m, if you have a lot of stuff going from Sydney. Had 4 quotes using Kent, Grace, Chess and Allied Pickfords. Prices range from $11.5k to $12.8k. Went with Pickfords in the end as I used them to move down here with no problems, they did a price match and included 2 months storage in the UK.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SUPERCAD
We moved the end of Jan and i stuff arrives today 1/2 a container with Kent cost just over 5k. Chess didnt want to give us a quote to busy and Wridgeways were about the same when they finally got there. they were not very professional.

If your shipping animals go to dogtainers they were great from start to finish
Thanks.

I'll be interested to hear your views on how it went when you have unpacked your belongings.
Old Jun 3rd 2014, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
I can give you an idea for a 40ft container for about 45cu/m, if you have a lot of stuff going from Sydney. Had 4 quotes using Kent, Grace, Chess and Allied Pickfords. Prices range from $11.5k to $12.8k. Went with Pickfords in the end as I used them to move down here with no problems, they did a price match and included 2 months storage in the UK.
Thanks, that's very helpful.

I really need to get my act together on this. My OH left yesterday and I follow with the kids in a few weeks' time (once the uni holidays begin), although my plan is to come back again to tie up loose ends. However, I would like everything to be on its way (or at least in storage) before I go in July.
Old Jun 8th 2014, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Ive been here over 10 years on our way out we used Crown, they were very good, this time I am using OSS half a container all packed and ready $4200.00. We paid 2300 pounds over 10 years ago so thought this was a bargain.

Good luck all x
Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

The unpacking went great my wife said the 2 guys were brilliant. they put every thing together that they took apart and took away all the wrapping paper she was very impressed
Old Jun 21st 2014, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone who offered recommendations or advice to steer clear.

I got quotes from Grace, Crown, Allied Pickfords and Chess. Chess were considerably cheaper than the other three and as someone we know used them recently and recommended them (along with recommendations on here), we have decided to go with them. They are also happy to send a small consignment (60kg) by air at cost, which was cheaper than the quotes I had from various excess baggage companies. We are insuring directly with Letton Percival.

They are coming to pack and load next week, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Well everything has gone - almost. The guys from Chess were very friendly and helpful and managed to get so much in. We had more than would fit in to a 20ft container so I had a list of "must have" things and then a shorter list of "nice to have" things that were not essential, but it would be good if they could fit them in. They managed to pack all the "must haves" and everything but one thing off the "nice to haves" - amazing.

The insurance was really easy to organise - Ian at Letton Percival is one of the most helpful people you could hope to deal with, but he appreciated the sentiment when I said that I hope we don't have to talk to him again!

Now, fingers crossed for a safe journey for my worldly goods and, more importantly, for us when we leave on Tuesday.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Globetrotta is an unknown quantity at this point

As a matter of input I used Seven Seas coming here in 2009 and and will do on my way out in 6 months, having used them in the USA I had great service and was reasonable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.