Confession

Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confession

Not one person has said 'told you so' in the time i been back. in fact people welcomed the chance to find out the real experience of Oz, good and bad. i dont bother telling people now i just get on with things. I asked my son about how he feels about his time in Perth. 'Nice for a holiday dad but please dont say we got to live there again I like england and i have more fun here with my mates'. he in a soccer team and goes to a youth club and now every night with the late days his pals are constantly knocking the door for him to play in park opposite , Last saturday night my neices and nephew had a sleep over, total mayhem but a bloody fun night and one of the things we thought our son was missing out on was his family, also we talk to neighbours most days instead of once a year if we were lucky to see em in Perth
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:56 pm
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thunderbird65
also we talk to neighbours most days instead of once a year if we were lucky to see em in Perth
I had two conversations with our next door neighbours in Oz in the 12 months we were there. Everyone just drives into their remote controlled garages and sneaks into the house. We moved into our place here and neighbours came banging on the door to welcome us within days
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:04 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey, I have just shown my husband your post and from both of us, we wish you well and hope everything works out for you.

You must not feel silly, you havent done anything wrong you just tried something different which many don't have the courage.

It wasn't for you, so what? You did it and learned from it.

Good luck with planning the next step, you will be fine.

Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

thunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond reputethunderbird65 has a reputation beyond repute

Same here yet one woman never talked to us but always waved then came over one day to borrow ciggies as she had given up smoking and had none in the house, once a month she run over have a quick cig then go back home, wierd

I always thought if someone needed aid whilst they indoors and lived alone they would never be found
Old Apr 19th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseD
I had two conversations with our next door neighbours in Oz in the 12 months we were there. Everyone just drives into their remote controlled garages and sneaks into the house. We moved into our place here and neighbours came banging on the door to welcome us within days

I opened my neighbours letter by accident, i went around and apologized he snatched the letter out of my hand and shut the door in my face. That's the only time I've met him.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Stacey
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Stacey & Jordan

Been said by every other lovely person on here.........You are not foolish or anything like that at all.

You just know what you want, and it isnt Australia....and thats OK because it is not for everyone....least of all me and every other lovely person on here wanting to go HOME!!

Dont be hard on yourself.

LibbyX

Also wanted to say thankyou to everyone on here for making me see things in a different light and now although I do still cry most days (when I am alone) I know its now not forever and I will get home one day. A big thankyou from the bottom of my heart...dont know what I would do without you lot
Old Apr 20th 2007, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by LouiseD
When we moved into our house in North Perth, our neighbour knocked introduced herself, asked how old our son was, she then said her son had grown out of his nappies and would I like to buy them from her , I declined and never saw her again.

Here in Kingsley we have not seen anyone on our street, 2 days after moving in we introduced ourselves to our neighbours, I thought great they have children the same age as mine, kids can play etc, but no it was not to be 7 1/2 months later we have heard them (Kids birthday party) but not seen them.

I knew all my neighbours in the UK, we always chatted over the garden fence, one of the old ladies used to invite us all to her house at xmas time for drinks & nibbles.

Last edited by sandrainaus; Apr 20th 2007 at 3:07 am.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:13 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
When we moved into our house in North Perth, our neighbour knocked introduced herself, asked how old our son was, she then said her son had grown out of his nappies and would I like to buy them from her , I declined and never saw her again.

Here in Kingsley we have not seen anyone on our street, 2 days after moving in we introduced ourselves to our neighbours, I thought great they have children the same age as mine, kids can play etc, but no it was not to be 7 1/2 months later we have heard them (Kids birthday party) but not seen them.

I knew all my neighbours in the UK, we always chatted over the garden fence, one of the old ladies used to invite us all to her house at xmas time for drinks & nibbles.
Strange isn't it? We used to walk through the estate at the back of our house to get to a doggie walking field and never once saw any kids out playing either on the field or outside the houses - there was even a basketball post installed for anyone to use but not once did we see anyone use it. It was a really quiet place and to us it just seemed really creepy - lots of lovely houses but no people anywhere. Weird.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are all in the same boat. No matter how much research etc you do it really is up to the individual.

I can remember people saying Peth is boring and thinking what the hell are they on about, not so much boring as expensive to go anywhere so you do feel trapped. Cost of living is ridiculous, I went back to UK a few weeks ago and my sister dragged my kicking and screaming out of Tescos (literally) she laughed her head off when i keep saying how expensive everything is here, and with the wages being crap I really feel let down by this whole experience.
Your not alone, and when you have that overwhelming feeling, you just gotta do whats right for you!!!

So many of us wanting to return....sad...but its not the end of a dream its the beginning of another adventure, hold your head up girl and say at least you had the guts to try it, plenty more places to see and visit and I (hopefully)) will be trying them.... (and I know theres a few people back in UK gleafully rubbing their hands together saying "told you so"), well tough shit at least I can admit to it being,.. well, not a mistake just not the right move....

Go with your instinct, you only live once!!! and bloody dont be ashamed!!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

We were surprised at how pleased people were to see us again...even people we only know through the children. Do you know what, everyone bar one has said how amazing to have tried it. Not one " i told you so " either. Mind you I bet there are a few whispers behind closed doors!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

I don't see it as failing

It is 'Going Home' simple as that, getting back to normal after a long holiday
Old Apr 21st 2007, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramblebush
I don't see it as failing

It is 'Going Home' simple as that, getting back to normal after a long holiday
Good attitude mate

LibbyX
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LIBBY
Good attitude mate

LibbyX
I might just not tell my friends and family that I'm coming home, and just turn up on there door steps.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

bramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to beholdbramblebush is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
I might just not tell my friends and family that I'm coming home, and just turn up on there door steps.
That would be a brilliant thing to do
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

mike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond reputemike&jo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
We did that at xmas, we went back and didn't tell anyone apart from one Aunt, because we needed somewhere to stay xmas eve.

So, we arrived home xmas eve, collected a hire car from Manchester airport, then drove to my Aunts. We stayed at my Aunt's that night, then drove to my BIL's at 8am xmas morning (our kids had already opened their presents by this time), my OH knocked on the door dressed as santa! Our nephews and nieces (youngest is 4) where sooo happy to see us (and santa)
Then we all drove up to my M & FIL's - needless to say there were a few tears and they all had a stiff drink by 9.30am.
It was all worth it though, nobody had a clue, and they all said that we 'made' their xmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.